X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100373]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Do me another favor, head back to England.
    Sure, mate

Sorry you are so angry

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100377]

Sure, mate

Sorry you are so angry
      That's okay. Just make sure you go.

Comment

Seems to have hit a nerve!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2100382]

That's okay. Just make sure you go.
          No I will stay and diddle your women

Comment

How unusual is it for a 9th grade boy to make varsity at a prep school ranked in the top 20 for soccer?

Comment

How unusual is it for a 9th grade boy to make varsity at a prep school ranked in the top 20 for soccer?
              Depends on the school and program. Milton Academy for instance, never going to happen.

Comment

Depends on the school and program. Milton Academy for instance, never going to happen.
                Yeah, you'd have a better chance going to a Class B school (just so it's not South Kent), but there would also be less likelihood that the team would be in the top 20.

Comment

My ninth grade boy went to a top three soccer school and made the top team. He played very little as a freshman. He dressed and got some garbage time. Most of his play time was on second team. One of his club team mates got some time on varsity for a top ten Class B school

Comment

It really depends on the skill level and size of the freshman. Was he recruited for soccer? Is he what you call an impact player? Id it's no to those two questions, then the scenario of seeing very little playing time or none at all will likely happen.

Comment

Thanks all! I'd guess he's on the line. He was recruited, and just attended preseason camp where he believes he was one of the best 9th graders. However another incoming 9th grader is 6'3" and quite good too so who knows.

I'm sure however it works out will be for the best. It is a class A school btw.

Comment

Thanks all! I'd guess he's on the line. He was recruited, and just attended preseason camp where he believes he was one of the best 9th graders. However another incoming 9th grader is 6'3" and quite good too so who knows.

I'm sure however it works out will be for the best. It is a class A school btw.
                        He may make the team to gain experience, but likely wont play unless the team is winning comfortably. Typically Class A teams recruit PG's and other upperclassmen who will take the starting spots.

Comment

Nonsense. Milton had at least 3 freshman on the team last year, and will likely have more this year. Just look at the scoring standings from the ISL last year--multiple freshmen on many teams.

Comment

Nonsense. Milton had at least 3 freshman on the team last year, and will likely have more this year. Just look at the scoring standings from the ISL last year--multiple freshmen on many teams.
                            yes--I count more than 40 freshmen across the 15 ISL teams last year, which makes some sense--about 2 or 3 per team. Based on the stats, looks like some may have played a lot, some maybe not much (although who knows for sure). Truth is probably some of each.

Comment

http://www.nesoccerjournal.com/nesoc...=1&folio=1#pg1

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                                yes--I count more than 40 freshmen across the 15 ISL teams last year, which makes some sense--about 2 or 3 per team. Based on the stats, looks like some may have played a lot, some maybe not much (although who knows for sure). Truth is probably some of each.
                                Milton is always strong in the ISL. Brooks has some older kids who repeated and some talent, both of which should bode well. I never count out schools like Nobles and Belmont Hill. Should be another fun year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X