Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's more the concept of ranking a team of kids, most of which have played the game for two years or less, and are more interested in fidget spinners and Dora the Explorer, is ridiculous.
    If you think the kids on these top U11 teams have been playing soccer for two years or less and are more interested in cartoons than soccer then you have never seen any of these kids play or practice.

Comment

If you think the kids on these top U11 teams have been playing soccer for two years or less and are more interested in cartoons than soccer then you have never seen any of these kids play or practice.
      Not the OP but you are really embracing yourself here. Your daughter is 10 years old and you are using words like "TOP" Seriously come back at U15 please at the MIN.

Comment

You're "embracing yourself" too.

Comment

It's their first year playing on a 9v9 pitch. Before now, it was organized chaos led by one player who can play.

Easy, dad.

Comment

I have a G02 and I agree that in hindsight 2007 seems a bit early, but truth be told, u11 is when the lunacy starts. Yes much will change but why shouldn't the parents have fun now?

In my experience the most noteworthy players today were also noteworthy then. A few late bloomers added and body-changers dropped for sure, but every one is ok. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the infection of talking soccer

Comment

"u11 is when the lunacy starts"

Meaning parents freaking out, thinking their kid's D1 scholarship is on the line every game and viewing every kid that is better as a threat?

If that's what you mean we've been seeing that since they were 7-8 play in town only.

Comment

"u11 is when the lunacy starts"

Meaning parents freaking out, thinking their kid's D1 scholarship is on the line every game and viewing every kid that is better as a threat?

If that's what you mean we've been seeing that since they were 7-8 play in town only.
                That happens at every age. The lunacy I'm referring to is the parent anxiety over club selection and the perceived importance of league labels levels. Good players are good regardless of club and get noticed playing with or against the perceived top clubs. Role players fill rosters at all levels. Parents enjoy the association of D playing on a top team but in the end their child is a role player, and in 5 years they come to TS touting the importance of academics and how competitive D3 really is, and that all that travel really was necessary (along with those grades and test scores that actually got them in). Don't believe me? Just look at the views on "List" threads. All parenTS

Comment

I have a G02 and I agree that in hindsight 2007 seems a bit early, but truth be told, u11 is when the lunacy starts. Yes much will change but why shouldn't the parents have fun now?

In my experience the most noteworthy players today were also noteworthy then. A few late bloomers added and body-changers dropped for sure, but every one is ok. Enjoy the ride and welcome to the infection of talking soccer
                  Enjoying it is one thing. Ranking teams? Come on. They're ten years old. Puberty and the transition to an 11v11 isn't kind to some players. Key questions are: is your kid developing? Is your kid's team competitive - not winning all the time but keeping close against similarly talented teams? Does your coach play your player in multiple positions? Is you kid in the car ready to go to practice before you even tell them it's time, or are you practically dragging them to events. Enjoy the games but don't get caught up in the rest.

Comment

Enjoying it is one thing. Ranking teams? Come on. They're ten years old. Puberty and the transition to an 11v11 isn't kind to some players. Key questions are: is your kid developing? Is your kid's team competitive - not winning all the time but keeping close against similarly talented teams? Does your coach play your player in multiple positions? Is you kid in the car ready to go to practice before you even tell them it's time, or are you practically dragging them to events. Enjoy the games but don't get caught up in the rest.
                    We totally agree. The only people that care about The Lists are parents. Kids don't read them. The Lists are one of the few bright spots on TS. Always done in good humor and with self admitted recognition of our collective dysfunction

Comment

We totally agree. The only people that care about The Lists are parents. Kids don't read them. The Lists are one of the few bright spots on TS. Always done in good humor and with self admitted recognition of our collective dysfunction
                      Good humor. 11 year olds.

Hilarious

Comment

No. These folks are serious. If only it was all in good humor

Comment

Be interesting to revisit this thread in a few years when it counts I guess. Willing to bet the top
                          Teams stay on top. What do you think? They are going to get worse? Or the bottom teams are going to miraculously improve over the next few years to rise to the top? Sure that could happen but only if they acquire better players along the way.
                          So I can only speak to what I have seen now that my children are in high school...yeah they can get worse...kids will leave for other clubs...the other girls that actually develop will eventually catch up to that now superior physical set of skills one specific girl has on the team...and on and on. A great deal will happen I am pretty sure. It might even be the same club and calendar year, but it doesnt mean it will be the same team of girls for sure

Comment

2007 Girls

The team with the one kid with better than average skills wins.Like watching a school of fish with the ball as bait.
                            The top divisions are very well organized and have a lot of strong players. Typically the best organized teams not the team with the one player has success.

Comment

The top divisions are very well organized and have a lot of strong players. Typically the best organized teams not the team with the one player has success.
                              Success at this age is about improvements, not scores.

Comment

The Girls 2007 Thread

Aztec 07 is one of the better teams in this age group. This weekend:

Aztec 8- Galway 0
                                Galway 2- NEFC South Shore 2
                                Aztecs were good in the Spring and surprised that they are not in the Premiership. They did not win alot but with only 6 teams each game is tough.

As far as summer tournaments go, there are always players on vacation and the teams can be mixed groups. The regular season will be a better test of how these teams will compete.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X