Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Girls

2005 girls thread incoming. If one (i.e., me) were to assume that a 2005 ranking thread would be well received, now would perhaps be the time to start one. After all, us 2005 parents have been patiently waiting for these little ones to be old enough to be ranked . Looking at you, 2007 parents…. And as someone stated in the 2004 thread last year, “U13 is peak of crazy.” I guess things can only get less crazy from here. Here is a preliminary list of teams, and then a couple of cool matchups that will shape the list. I choose not to rank any team at this time, but that ranking is incoming after the Labor Day game festivities.

NEFC NPL
    GPS MA Elite Red
    SSS AP
    FCB ECNL
    FCB NPL
    FC Stars ECNL
    FC Stars NPL
    Perhaps an NPL B team or two could be added here in time.

Matchups:
    -NEFC NPL and GPS Elite Red face off this weekend in the NEFC Fall Kickoff. This is a familiar matchup for these ladies, but it will be the first chance at U13 bragging rights. Plus, a couple of notable regional teams in this tournament.

-Stars ECNL and FCB ECNL face off 9/2 in the Stars Cup. The NPL teams from these clubs also have some solid competition, but, again, not against other List teams.

-SSS AP and NEFC NPL also face off in the Stars Cup on 9/2. There are some heavy hitters at this tournament!

Comments/corrections/suggestions welcome!

Good luck! It's a big commitment that if you were like me, will begin weighing on you after a few months.

-former 04 List Guy

Comment

I know it's a Mass thread and all, but would be curious of any of the CT teams or Seacoast can nudge in there.

For my money, I think NEFC is the class of that group but, and it's a very big BUT, I haven't seen the Stars ECNL team play

Comment

Ecnl at u13 omg. Stars play the same way no matter the age. Kick over the top gallop to get to the ball first to score.

Comment

stars ecnl will destroy this group

Comment

02 List Guy Here. Go for it!
            u13 is unquestionably the best time.
            The girls can play, placements based on u12 performance are suspect at best, and parent optimism is only outdone by parent anxiety.

Ignore the haters, find your voice, have fun and Rank 'em ruthlessly : )

Comment

Yes agreed Stars 05 ecnl has some of the best defenders and scorers ,so will outclass the competition.

Comment

Any thoughts after stars cup?

Comment

SSS impressed and waltzed through barely challenged

Comment

Stars ecnl o5 nice job destroying competition.

Comment

Stars

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                      stars ecnl will destroy this group
                      Stars 03 Ecnl is weak

Comment

Stars 05 outclassed themselves out of the semi's with thier weak defense and miodiocre midfield.

Comment

Mediocre

Comment

Stars ecnl o5 nice job destroying competition.
                            Ummm...lost to SSS and didn't make the finals....

Comment

Ummm...lost to SSS and didn't make the finals....
                              My apologies I was thinking of NEFC who lost to SSS.

Stars ECNL lost to NJ Stallions.

Stars NPL looked pretty good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X