Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If 2+ months of HS are going to put your kid behind that much I'd say there are bigger issues.
    most of these girls are there because they have paid thousands of dollars on private training to the club. 3 months of high school soccer wont hurt, your d is not that good.

Comment

That is a far leap from recruiting and offering a scholarship. In high school I was also approached by a coach from a catholic high school, but it was nothing more than "have you ever considered applying to school x?" Wound up staying in public school and playing d2.
      Not a far leap as far as MIAA rules define recruitment. Read page 42 in MIAA Handbook.

Comment

What I see is some delusional kids/parents making stupid decisions. For the kids that are already in the NT pool, it may make sense, or if their HS soccer isnt challenging, but any kid that is giving up a HS soccer team they actually like playing for, for DA, when theyve never been close to a camp invite is stupid. There are no do overs, you only get one chance at HS
        DA program dsnt even have the best players from their clubs playing on the team. Reason why is because kids enjoy the high school experience and the ecnl is a better league so why give it all up and chase the dream for a spot on national team.
        DA is just another league, nothing special.

Comment

DA program dsnt even have the best players from their clubs playing on the team. Reason why is because kids enjoy the high school experience and the ecnl is a better league so why give it all up and chase the dream for a spot on national team.
          If your kid enjoys HS they should stick with HS. Believe it or not, there are kids out there that do not ENJOY HS and this is just another option for those kids. I'm not sure why everyone has to knock other people's choices. If ECNL is the right fit for your kid, great, but that doesn't mean it's right for every kid.

Comment

If your kid enjoys HS they should stick with HS. Believe it or not, there are kids out there that do not ENJOY HS and this is just another option for those kids. I'm not sure why everyone has to knock other people's choices. If ECNL is the right fit for your kid, great, but that doesn't mean it's right for every kid.
            ^^ Amen

Comment

^^ Amen
              I agree also but the DA is not an elite league like everybody is making it out to be. My daughters program does have a few of the better players on the DA team but the majority of the top players ECNL and playing high school. DA, ECNL and high school are all fine as long as your kids happy

Comment

I agree also but the DA is not an elite league like everybody is making it out to be. My daughters program does have a few of the better players on the DA team but the majority of the top players ECNL and playing high school. DA, ECNL and high school are all fine as long as your kids happy
                Please define elite league? there are many ways you can define it. Are any of the leagues elite? Is HS Elite? When you say league do you mean regionally or nationally? how do you know the composition of teams outside your state?

Comment

As long as your child and family are both happy ,who cares what league they play in.

Comment

As long as your child and family are both happy ,who cares what league they play in.
                    I care. why would I ever come on this sight to proclaim in a post why something (mia, team, league, tournaments won, ranking in league, commits, college recruited to, I have more soccer knowledge, I have more wisdom, and on and on and on) is better than what your posting.

MY BRAGGING RIGHTS and EXPESSION OF PROFOUND KNOWLEDGE, other wise it would be a total waist of time.

Comment

This is true for Stars DA, but not true at all for Breakers DA. Stars treating DA team as 2nd team filled their second team girls and cut girls from ECNL teams. But Breakers definitely setting their DA teams up as first team and a majority of their existing first team players have moved over. My guess is that Breakers will have to get out away from the Northeast DA teams to find good competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        This is true for Stars DA, but not true at all for Breakers DA. Stars treating DA team as 2nd team filled their second team girls and cut girls from ECNL teams. But Breakers definitely setting their DA teams up as first team and a majority of their existing first team players have moved over. My guess is that Breakers will have to get out away from the Northeast DA teams to find good competition.
                        Someone posted an article about DA, and the Stars NT girls were on it. You obviously don't know the roster of some of the Breakers teams, and I haven't seen anything to suggest DA is the second team for any club. Girls who were on low-level teams now on the DA and subs on Breakers teams are on the DA roster, so I don't know where you are getting that the level of player is so high even at our club. Combined birth years at all ages would raise the level but there is too much money with the separation. DA will be successful, but this post is typical of the propaganda that gets floated here.

Comment

The NE region will be a very mixed bag, unlike in other regions where top players did move over. OW is another example - according the the CT board they moved almost all their NPL players up and got virtually zero ECNL talent, let alone any top ENCL talent. The NY area also appears to be a mess.

Comment

The NE region will be a very mixed bag, unlike in other regions where top players did move over. OW is another example - according the the CT board they moved almost all their NPL players up and got virtually zero ECNL talent, let alone any top ENCL talent. The NY area also appears to be a mess.
                            and where are these mysterious regions where the top talent moved over?

Comment

To me there are two parts to the girls DA/ENCL situation IMHO.
                              A) What is better for the club
                              B) What is better for the current players

A) The club is a business. The club is going to plan where it needs to be in 5 yrs while still holding on to their better players to maintain basic street credit. If a club hedges their bets that DAP is going to be THE way to go in 5 years, they will make a a DAP team that is as strong as possible, sacrificing some of their ENCL power, or they’ll scrap having an ENCL team. This might cost them in the short term on having top players willing to come to them, but, if they’ve used the growing years of DAP to become a force, they’ll be attractive to all that soccer parent money in the future. In fact, if you play into these early DAP years by sacrificing your ENCL team players into DAP, knowing full well the other clubs are not putting all their power into the DAP team, you have a chance of coming out on top. 5 years from now, nobody will remember it wasn’t as hard to be a top DAP team in 2017-2018. All the parents will see is a winning record in a program touted by USSC as the path to the pros. Huge clubs can support both now in an attempt to keep their bottom lines firm for the current cycle, but might face recruiting challenges in the future if say, DAP takes off and parents of the next generations of little Mia want that shiny brass ring. Smaller clubs get hit hard in this situation I’d think.

B) Current players older than say U13. They lose in this situation for pure development. ENCL is weakened, DAP is not established. If the best players are spread out between two leagues, then, likely these girls will not face the same challenge that prior ENCL teams played up to. The clubs are not going to care since the main objective is to build a base for the future survival. But I also don’t think a club has to care and they know this. I don’t see this hurting any current players of quality on chances for college or YNT exposure. Look at how recruitment happens. If your kid is that good, somebody has noticed and somebody is watching. In fact this might give players who are late bloomers more opportunity to show off with greater access to playing minutes, if say, that player went from middle of the pack to star of either an ENCL or DAP team due to reshuffling players.

Comment

CC and WH both ranked in top 10. Are these teams really that good?

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/high...fall-2017/5022

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X