Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest players having more playing time then team players

At a recent tournament (regionals) our coach recruited players from our top team to help us advance to nationals. Our top players played the entire game while our players on the team that helped us get to regionals were benched. Why???? Why not play with the team that got you to regionals? Win as a team and lose as a team? I hate club soccer for this. Too many coaches with EGOs.....

What regionals?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      At a recent tournament (regionals) our coach recruited players from our top team to help us advance to nationals. Our top players played the entire game while our players on the team that helped us get to regionals were benched. Why???? Why not play with the team that got you to regionals? Win as a team and lose as a team? I hate club soccer for this. Too many coaches with EGOs.....

Sounds like stars girls team......maybe NEFC girls team...

Comment

I'm truly sorry for the players on the original team. This sucks, but unfortunately, is the nature of the beast. Unless and until roster rules are changed for these tournaments, then it will not change.

Comment

I'm truly sorry for the players on the original team. This sucks, but unfortunately, is the nature of the beast. Unless and until roster rules are changed for these tournaments, then it will not change.
          u16 Stars United?

Comment

Troll ALert

The Regionals have not been played yet, still a couple of weeks away.

Comment

The Regionals have not been played yet, still a couple of weeks away.
              Perhaps the OP was referring to regionalism last year. Have US Club regionalism taken place yet?

The situation you described, unfortunately, is not unique. Some club coaches do it a lot while others (the better coaches), will still primarily use his regular players and use the guests primarily in the "helper" role that they should be used for.

Comment

1) It is not a Stars (or any other) National Champion Series (ie State Cup USYS) team as regionals are not until next month

2) USYS just changed the rules to allow this to happen, why would they change it back?

Comment

Perhaps the OP was referring to regionalism last year. Have US Club regionalism taken place yet?
                  This is kind of funny. I typed the above response on my Android. I have the predictive text feature turned on. I hadn't noticed that "regionals" is changed to "regionalism." I've had other words mistyped that were a lot worse and caused me embarassment. Luckily this is no big deal and onan anonymous forum.

Comment

sorry, it was not stars or nefc........it was a NH team

Comment

Think you'll see more of this "playing down" at least on the girls side with ECNL teams supposedly not in the USYS state cup series, but nothing stopping a club for fielding those players in. Also maybe smart way for USYS to get back top players back into the state cup series when ECNL teams have nothing left to play for. what a mess. And said for the girls on these teams. Don't think this is seen on the boys side cuz of academy rules - true?

Comment

Think you'll see more of this "playing down" at least on the girls side with ECNL teams supposedly not in the USYS state cup series, but nothing stopping a club for fielding those players in. Also maybe smart way for USYS to get back top players back into the state cup series when ECNL teams have nothing left to play for. what a mess. And said for the girls on these teams. Don't think this is seen on the boys side cuz of academy rules - true?
                        typos sorry..."say for the Players" not "said"

Comment

typos sorry..."say for the Players" not "said"
                          there has to be some strange spell check going on, cuz it is "SAD FOR THE PLAYERS"...

Comment

Stars teams put ECNL players in the as fillers for state cup play in and round robin games.

Comment

then why would anyone in Mass care?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X