Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gee. I notice you just trashed every club- except you didn't offer any criticism about the guys still at OC who have been running the show all along. I guess we know which club YOU'RE WITH, don't we?

So, allow me an edit: The biggest problem at Orlando City has been the incompetence of the Directors- things like three cancelled tournaments, lack of communication, firing staff without qualified replacements, cancelling a paid-for SSP program, embarrassing public relations failures, etc.
    Exactly. Well said. Just the continued arrogance of the OCYS team. Good luck to AH over there. He was bad-mouthing ECNL a year ago when FCA did not get it so how does he go sell it now?

Comment

Has the Memorial Day tournament been cancelled too?

Comment

Has the Memorial Day tournament been cancelled too?
        yes, it's been cancelled. Announcement will not be posted on website. Teams will be notified individually, all 8 of them.

Comment

yes, it's been cancelled. Announcement will not be posted on website. Teams will be notified individually, all 8 of them.
          you're joking right?

Comment

you're joking right?
            That would make FOUR. Or possibly five cancelled tournaments.

Comment

you're joking right?
              Definitely not joking. Folks you heard it here first. Start making a plan b if you truly want your teams to play memorial weekend. Don't wait for the email fom OC.

Comment

That would make FOUR. Or possibly five cancelled tournaments.
                Can anyone verify if that tournament HAS been cancelled?

Comment

Can anyone verify if that tournament HAS been cancelled?
                  No but they are hoping you believe it. If you read it on talking soccer, it must be true, right!?!!

Comment

Gee. I notice you just trashed every club- except you didn't offer any criticism about the guys still at OC who have been running the show all along. I guess we know which club YOU'RE WITH, don't we?

So, allow me an edit: The biggest problem at Orlando City has been the incompetence of the Directors- things like three cancelled tournaments, lack of communication, firing staff without qualified replacements, cancelling a paid-for SSP program, embarrassing public relations failures, etc.
                    All of those things are true and wasn't HM a director? Cancelled tournaments - do you remember how many CFK tournaments were cancelled? Do you know why? It's because they could not get along with other clubs so the clubs refused to allow their teams to play in those tournaments. This issue did not start with Orlando City, it's started with the same CFK leaders isolating and bad mouthing other clubs to the point that the clubs refused to send their teams. Rush tournaments had a much better turnout and FCA partnered with clubs from Tampa to get the numbers they needed.

Firing staff without qualified replacements? Orlando City never have enough qualified staff members. Most of the qualified coaches never played beyond high school and very few played division 1 soccer. The just paid for their courses and got the certificates. FCA is getting heat for bringing in the "Englishmen" but do they really have a choice? What's really out there? Who's willing to pay relocation to a soccer coach? The same guys who are starting up CFK are the ones who came up with the cost structure for Orlando City and because the did not make their number the club could not make the SSP payments.

Like I said earlier every club has their issues. That's why parents should shop around and see what issues are they willing to live with. Don't sign the first day of tryouts. Look around and make a educated decision.

Comment

All of those things are true and wasn't HM a director? Cancelled tournaments - do you remember how many CFK tournaments were cancelled? Do you know why? It's because they could not get along with other clubs so the clubs refused to allow their teams to play in those tournaments. This issue did not start with Orlando City, it's started with the same CFK leaders isolating and bad mouthing other clubs to the point that the clubs refused to send their teams. Rush tournaments had a much better turnout and FCA partnered with clubs from Tampa to get the numbers they needed.

Firing staff without qualified replacements? Orlando City never have enough qualified staff members. Most of the qualified coaches never played beyond high school and very few played division 1 soccer. The just paid for their courses and got the certificates. FCA is getting heat for bringing in the "Englishmen" but do they really have a choice? What's really out there? Who's willing to pay relocation to a soccer coach? The same guys who are starting up CFK are the ones who came up with the cost structure for Orlando City and because the did not make their number the club could not make the SSP payments.

Like I said earlier every club has their issues. That's why parents should shop around and see what issues are they willing to live with. Don't sign the first day of tryouts. Look around and make a educated decision.
                      Absolutely true. If you're kid is good enough they will make a good team. Don't let them force you to sign the 1st day. Especially w/ the garbage e-mail that reads:

"In order to secure your spot you must return this e-mail and register by tonight." Coaches leave at least 2-3 spots on their team just in case they run across that great player that either:

> moves to town new.
                      > gets released from their club because they don't like it.
                      > can't play because they need a scholarship.

Remember what Obi-wan said....."patience"

Comment

I don't remember ANY cancelled tournaments from CFK. I was there, too. I remember several successful events with teams from all over the place. I remember international friendlies, college coaches visiting practices, and player development that culminated in advancement, respect and an ECNL slot.

CFK got that status with (in part) highly qualified coaches- some well-licensed- who worked together to develop the players. you say they don't exist in central Florida? You're full of crap- there are some excellent CF coaches- but they won't work for OC next year.

"Couldn't make the SSP payments" ?!? Funny, my kid made payments for a program that was supposed to INCLUDE SSP. the club started 2012 with soemthing like 60 premier teams- and they couldn't "make the payments"?! WHAT?

Like I said- for every other cf soccer club, you point out the problems. But when it comes to your friends at OC, you shift blame to people who were GONE months ago. Pathetic.

Comment

Bait and Switch

How did post turn into ANOTHER OCYC vs CFK/FKK post?

Comment

How did post turn into ANOTHER OCYC vs CFK/FKK post?
                            Because the FKK people need numbers, and bashing other clubs is one way they plan on trying to get folks out. They know that they may get a few off of OC, but they know that FCA has some very good teams as well. I'm surprised they haven't started a Rush thread.

Comment

Because the FKK people need numbers, and bashing other clubs is one way they plan on trying to get folks out. They know that they may get a few off of OC, but they know that FCA has some very good teams as well. I'm surprised they haven't started a Rush thread.
                              CFK is the problem with Central Florida Soccer.

Comment

I don't remember ANY cancelled tournaments from CFK. I was there, too.

The only CFK tournament that I can remember was Central Florida Recreational Spring Kick Off held the last week of February each year. Were there others?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X