Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This does not seem like yet another "money grab". These are some of stronger DAP clubs. Watching Bolts at Hanover they have two truly amazing players and I suspect each of these other DAP clubs do also. It would appear that this alliance is about giving the best of the DAP players an opportunity to develope within the Roma system. If that is the goal I say kudos to the Bolts. Anything less is yet another marketing gimmick.
    I personally know the owner of the Toronto youth soccer Roma "affiliated" organization and I can tell you that Roma does not care about North American players and their development. All they want is to sell Roma merchandise in this part of the world. That is the bottom line, sorry you had to hear it here first. Same with the Australian Roma alleged "academy".
    Buy the Nike Roma shirt and track suit now and get it over with Bolts dad.

Comment

I personally know the owner of the Toronto youth soccer Roma "affiliated" organization and I can tell you that Roma does not care about North American players and their development. All they want is to sell Roma merchandise in this part of the world. That is the bottom line, sorry you had to hear it here first. Same with the Australian Roma alleged "academy".
      The only roma affiliated clubs in the USA are those announced the other day.....period. Anyone that says otherwise is lying Report him to rome and see what haPpens in fact i will report him myself if such exists

The move to affiliate with the creame de la creame of the usa youth system is one of player ID through training of coaches direct relationships and quality control measures. This offers the promising prospect a direct route to europe Not just in boston but in different areas in the usa to assuure coverage across the country. Read the release. But you must obviously know better than the clubs mentioned let alone their excelllent reputations and track records for producing Top players in USA. Tou can hate yourself for the inadequte genes you past on to your kid but dont slam something you know nothing about nor have reserched properly

Comment

The owner of Roma is one of the wealthiest men in the world and a good man. Thinking that his motive is to sell shirts, etc. is silly.

Comment

The owner of Roma is one of the wealthiest men in the world and a good man. Thinking that his motive is to sell shirts, etc. is silly.
          How do you think he got to this point?

The whole US Club/European club partnership thing is all about marketing and market share. The Roma Brand is competing with clubs across the globe for market share.

That's like saying the guy is so rich he doesn't need to sell merchandise at all.

And I'm sure it was mentioned before in this thread, but the GPS relationship with Roma is only a couple of years old. There are no GPS players playing for AS Roma right now.

These things are all about marketing, and maybe once you figure this all out you'll become smarter.

Comment

How do you think he got to this point?

The whole US Club/European club partnership thing is all about marketing and market share. The Roma Brand is competing with clubs across the globe for market share.

That's like saying the guy is so rich he doesn't need to sell merchandise at all.

And I'm sure it was mentioned before in this thread, but the GPS relationship with Roma is only a couple of years old. There are no GPS players playing for AS Roma right now.

These things are all about marketing, and maybe once you figure this all out you'll become smarter.
            Amazing thx for your amazing insight. So selling 200 jerseys is better than finding a 15 mil dollar player or 2? Is that the savey that made you a billionare?

Comment

Well what a surprise response from an arrogant Bolt parent. Aside from the two studs the other four DAP futsal players were not very impressive at all. Couldn't beat Hammer defenders one v one and couldn't defend. Take away either 99 or 10 and Hammer wins pretty easily. Take away both and Hammer crushes Bolts. So Hammer has five or six players that are much better than many of your DAP players. Hammer! A non-viable Maple club, with players better than DAP. Sour grapes that.
              What a moron you are. Keep believing that was the DAP team if it makes you feel good. It was three or four players, the rest were local revere kids and kids from other clubs. If Bolts showed up with their U18 DAP team, including their National team players, game over in 5 minutes.

Comment

"elevated their status to DAP????" Are you kidding? They are an absolute joke.
                Really? So how many D1 players over the last two years has your club graduated? Let's work with some facts, which I am sure you don't want to deal with.

Comment

Really? So how many D1 players over the last two years has your club graduated? Let's work with some facts, which I am sure you don't want to deal with.
                  Bolts just don't have the talent and don't develop. Eighth of ten in both u18 and u16, very lucky they have two weak New England DAP clubs in their division.

Comment

Bolts just don't have the talent and don't develop. Eighth of ten in both u18 and u16, very lucky they have two weak New England DAP clubs in their division.
                    AS I suspected, you avoid the question. How many D1 players has you club graduated over the last two years? Do you understand the question?

Comment

Well what a surprise response from an arrogant Bolt parent. Aside from the two studs the other four DAP futsal players were not very impressive at all. Couldn't beat Hammer defenders one v one and couldn't defend. Take away either 99 or 10 and Hammer wins pretty easily. Take away both and Hammer crushes Bolts. So Hammer has five or six players that are much better than many of your DAP players. Hammer! A non-viable Maple club, with players better than DAP. Sour grapes that.
                      Pretty funny that an established club team could not beat last minute put together team that was basically anchored by two or three DAP players.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered

I don't doubt that he is a fine man, but if you don't recognize what a business this is then you are naive. The amount of money that these clubs get from selling merchandise is huge.

Below is what Manuchester United brings in: Less than 1/3 is due to specatator attendance.

Match Day: $760 M
                        Broadcasting: $708 M
                        Commercial: $944 M

Roma, Bayern, Celtic, Liverpool etc etc are all working to sell a brand name....to become part of your household. If you think that the owners wake up and ask themselves how they can produce American Soccer players then you are fooling yourself. If a player or two comes around then Bonus!!!. Most around the world recognize that soccer is a second ro third tier sport in this country and the support and recruitment lag behind the others by 10-100 fold or more.
                        When one of these clubs actually buys and American club and reduces the yearly fees or makes it free in addition to sending over their youth coaches for long periods of time (i.e. more than a year) then I will be impressed that they are here to develop the talent. Until, I can't get the business part out of the way.

Comment

I don't doubt that he is a fine man, but if you don't recognize what a business this is then you are naive. The amount of money that these clubs get from selling merchandise is huge.

Below is what Manuchester United brings in: Less than 1/3 is due to specatator attendance.

Roma, Bayern, Celtic, Liverpool etc etc are all working to sell a brand name....to become part of your household. If you think that the owners wake up and ask themselves how they can produce American Soccer players then you are fooling yourself. If a player or two comes around then Bonus!!!. Most around the world recognize that soccer is a second ro third tier sport in this country and the support and recruitment lag behind the others by 10-100 fold or more.
                          When one of these clubs actually buys and American club and reduces the yearly fees or makes it free in addition to sending over their youth coaches for long periods of time (i.e. more than a year) then I will be impressed that they are here to develop the talent. Until, I can't get the business part out of the way.
                          ......as for the Bolts, their biggest problem is who is running the club i.e. the front office, perhaps BA and his assignment of weak coaches to lead the youth.

Comment

Granted they are trying to sell a brand, but if the 'brand' represents a team that can't win a game, then they're not going to sell many shirts. So the first priority is creating and maintaining a good team. These moves will only help those efforts. Everybody wins. Don't want to be part of it, go elsewhere. (I'm speaking in general, not directly to the poster I quoted who left a rational response rare for TS)

Comment

Below is what Manchester United brings in: Less than 1/3 is due to specatator attendance.

We need a team in the BPL that's based in NYC- seriously- they can fly over there for games in 6 hours. that will bring us fans big time! Palotta, John Henry are you with me???

Comment

Eh.. They had their relations with Celtic. Some result from that? This isn't anything more.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X