Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks more serious than selling shirts given that a number of DAP clubs involved. What happened with Celtic partnership?

http://www.fcbolts.com/home/805178.html
    GPS ended their relationship with Roma because all Roma is interested is selling youth kits. Jim Palotta brings nothing to the table in terms of training or development. Buyer beware on this one. The Bolts are desperate, they are a failing organization.

Comment

GPS ended their relationship with Roma because all Roma is interested is selling youth kits. Jim Palotta brings nothing to the table in terms of training or development. Buyer beware on this one. The Bolts are desperate, they are a failing organization.
      Perhaps you should seek out the truth first before throwing out BS. Unless your part of a staff that sits in an office in Waltham whos job it is to spin these tales as propaganda or you get sent back to the UK. Oh yes. Ive seen you in action

Comment

Rome coaches will spend a few weeks per year at each club. Usa coaches will visit rome for didect training. Teams will travel to rome to play Rome has aleady invited ameican players to rome for tryouts. Rome will also utilize thier exclusive disney relationship for scouted events. I. CAn See why the elite academy clubs all over the usa are lining up to join

Comment

This does not seem like yet another "money grab". These are some of stronger DAP clubs. Watching Bolts at Hanover they have two truly amazing players and I suspect each of these other DAP clubs do also. It would appear that this alliance is about giving the best of the DAP players an opportunity to develope within the Roma system. If that is the goal I say kudos to the Bolts. Anything less is yet another marketing gimmick.

Comment

This does not seem like yet another "money grab". These are some of stronger DAP clubs. Watching Bolts at Hanover they have two truly amazing players and I suspect each of these other DAP clubs do also. It would appear that this alliance is about giving the best of the DAP players an opportunity to develope within the Roma system. If that is the goal I say kudos to the Bolts. Anything less is yet another marketing gimmick.

I agree that it is a step in 'a' right direction for the Bolts, however, the Bolts have a long way to go. They are well behind, with regard to training and respect, NEFC, GPS, and Revs. There are even more youths flocking to Valeo than there are to the Bolts. If anyone is in doubt of this then you have not researched the population well. I don't even blame BA, or not solely, for the fall.

Although the DAP was a right decision for the Bolts, they should not have downgraded their training and attention to the younger teams. The intensity and focus should have been equal across the board. The DAP should have allowed the Bolts to elevate the entire program and not just the two DAP teams. Instead, the Bolts administration, whose kids were then and now all on DAP teams, focused on that small segment and, arrogantly, felt that the rest would follow along since, 'where else would you want to be'?. Very quickly the organization became segmented and the administration and BA assigned lower level coaches to be in charge of the 'other' non-DAP teams. These lower level DOCs did a ****ty job and the club became more and more fragmented and weaker. More recently, instead of stepping back and solidifying the club, they expanded by 'affiliating' with Central Mass Bolts, Londonderry Bolts, Bayside Bolts (a real joke of an affiliation), and Revere. At least the Revere affiliation contributed Futsal. Otherwise, they just spread out more.

If I were to sum it up, the Bolts have lost a strong foundation of training while building a superficial layer of ice, which is thin in many parts and thick in a few. Not as much solid footing as a DAP club should have.

Perhaps, the Roma affiliation will bring them a better structure and training plan for the youth. The kids should be training equally and as often as the DAP teams do throughout the seasons including winter. Even the PreAcademy teams only train twice per week.....well, there is the technical sessions. The Bolts need more creativity in the front office and consider getting rid of the hacks that exist there now.

If you were wondering, I used to be one of those hacks but disagreed to often with the others. Good luck to the club.

Comment

I agree that it is a step in 'a' right direction for the Bolts, however, the Bolts have a long way to go. They are well behind, with regard to training and respect, NEFC, GPS, and Revs. There are even more youths flocking to Valeo than there are to the Bolts. If anyone is in doubt of this then you have not researched the population well. I don't even blame BA, or not solely, for the fall.

Although the DAP was a right decision for the Bolts, they should not have downgraded their training and attention to the younger teams. The intensity and focus should have been equal across the board. The DAP should have allowed the Bolts to elevate the entire program and not just the two DAP teams. Instead, the Bolts administration, whose kids were then and now all on DAP teams, focused on that small segment and, arrogantly, felt that the rest would follow along since, 'where else would you want to be'?. Very quickly the organization became segmented and the administration and BA assigned lower level coaches to be in charge of the 'other' non-DAP teams. These lower level DOCs did a ****ty job and the club became more and more fragmented and weaker. More recently, instead of stepping back and solidifying the club, they expanded by 'affiliating' with Central Mass Bolts, Londonderry Bolts, Bayside Bolts (a real joke of an affiliation), and Revere. At least the Revere affiliation contributed Futsal. Otherwise, they just spread out more.

If I were to sum it up, the Bolts have lost a strong foundation of training while building a superficial layer of ice, which is thin in many parts and thick in a few. Not as much solid footing as a DAP club should have.

Perhaps, the Roma affiliation will bring them a better structure and training plan for the youth. The kids should be training equally and as often as the DAP teams do throughout the seasons including winter. Even the PreAcademy teams only train twice per week.....well, there is the technical sessions. The Bolts need more creativity in the front office and consider getting rid of the hacks that exist there now.

If you were wondering, I used to be one of those hacks but disagreed to often with the others. Good luck to the club.
              To bad the affiliation with Bayside did not panned out better. Adding the Bayside players to the Bolts U14 team could have made them better than what they are now. Yes, I agreed the affiliation did not bear fruit as they would have liked. The fact that Bolts is a pay to play worked against them.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful response. My son was in the Bolts junior academy and now plays for one of the clubs you mentioned above. You hit on the issue that just doesn't make any sense and why we left. Why did BA let the younger ages slip so far? I get the $ conundrum that non MLS dap clubs face and the need to go big but did this really have to happen at the expense of quality? BA could have put Jimmy O or someone else with a proven record of developing at the very young ages and stayed the magnet club for the most asipiring players. If you look at the Maple tables from a decade ago before NEP, the Bolts were at top in virtually every age group. The fall is truly astounding and even more so with the dap carrot.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughtful response. My son was in the Bolts junior academy and now plays for one of the clubs you mentioned above. You hit on the issue that just doesn't make any sense and why we left. Why did BA let the younger ages slip so far? I get the $ conundrum that non MLS dap clubs face and the need to go big but did this really have to happen at the expense of quality? BA could have put Jimmy O or someone else with a proven record of developing at the very young ages and stayed the magnet club for the most asipiring players. If you look at the Maple tables from a decade ago before NEP, the Bolts were at top in virtually every age group. The fall is truly astounding and even more so with the dap carrot.
                  Maple no longer exists as a viable league and has not for several years. The BOLT's elevated their status to DAP and their non DAP teams got caught up in the mess that club soccer is in MA. Many of their better players get pulled up a year early to play Pre Academy or DAP, which obviously does not help the team they came from. Just like the rest of the US bashes the Patriots, all the non-Dap clubs love to bash the Rev's and the Bolts. Sour grapes.

Comment

Perhaps you should seek out the truth first before throwing out BS. Unless your part of a staff that sits in an office in Waltham whos job it is to spin these tales as propaganda or you get sent back to the UK. Oh yes. Ive seen you in action
                    Okay, if you say so. Just wait and see. Roma has absolutely no interest in Bolts' players. All about Palotta branding his Roma team in his home state and beyond. BTW Bolts non- MLS affiliated "DAP" system sucks, suckers game. Parents keep paying into that scam.

Comment

Rome coaches will spend a few weeks per year at each club. Usa coaches will visit rome for didect training. Teams will travel to rome to play Rome has aleady invited ameican players to rome for tryouts. Rome will also utilize thier exclusive disney relationship for scouted events. I. CAn See why the elite academy clubs all over the usa are lining up to join
                      Will absolutely not happen. Italian coaches and trainers do not visit the United States, their economy is in shambles, and so is Serie A. Marketing gimmick, Ainscough at his best.

Comment

Will absolutely not happen. Italian coaches and trainers do not visit the United States, their economy is in shambles, and so is Serie A. Marketing gimmick, Ainscough at his best.
                        Well, the Bolts teams will get into the Disney soccer tournaments sponsored by Roma but those are pay to play and stay events and they suck. More cash grabs. Enjoy the nonsense Roma affiliation and be prepared to get soaked.

Comment

How di the Bolts/Celtic BS affiliation work out for them. yeah, thought so.

Comment

Maple no longer exists as a viable league and has not for several years. The BOLT's elevated their status to DAP and their non DAP teams got caught up in the mess that club soccer is in MA. Many of their better players get pulled up a year early to play Pre Academy or DAP, which obviously does not help the team they came from. Just like the rest of the US bashes the Patriots, all the non-Dap clubs love to bash the Rev's and the Bolts. Sour grapes.
                            "elevated their status to DAP????" Are you kidding? They are an absolute joke.

Comment

No kudos to Bolts man, wake up you American fools!!

Comment

Well what a surprise response from an arrogant Bolt parent. Aside from the two studs the other four DAP futsal players were not very impressive at all. Couldn't beat Hammer defenders one v one and couldn't defend. Take away either 99 or 10 and Hammer wins pretty easily. Take away both and Hammer crushes Bolts. So Hammer has five or six players that are much better than many of your DAP players. Hammer! A non-viable Maple club, with players better than DAP. Sour grapes that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X