Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Umm, all of Europe is on "Holiday" for the summer. Who are they going to train with?
    The better trips are during April Vacation, at least the good youth clubs are around to train with.
    They go on Holiday August 1, so the GPS kids will train with and scrimmage BM academy teams fr a few days, then go to sight see and watch 2 Audi Cup games.

Is there any other program int he area doing this type of thing, I think not. The relationship is new and it will develop over time. BM Coaches have already been over and trained with some players and talked to some coaches.

Comment

They go on Holiday August 1, so the GPS kids will train with and scrimmage BM academy teams fr a few days, then go to sight see and watch 2 Audi Cup games.

Is there any other program int he area doing this type of thing, I think not. The relationship is new and it will develop over time. BM Coaches have already been over and trained with some players and talked to some coaches.
      You're right. No one else in this area is doing this type of thing. That makes the program unique, but does not necessarily mean that it has any value at all. If every parent honestly asks themselves what their goals are for their kid's club soccer participation, would this program really move any of them toward those goals? The only benefit I see would be the thrill of the trip, sight-seeing, travel etc. as a life experience. I don't see a legitimate soccer value.

Comment

You're right. No one else in this area is doing this type of thing. That makes the program unique, but does not necessarily mean that it has any value at all. If every parent honestly asks themselves what their goals are for their kid's club soccer participation, would this program really move any of them toward those goals? The only benefit I see would be the thrill of the trip, sight-seeing, travel etc. as a life experience. I don't see a legitimate soccer value.
        As the original poster I somewhat agree with you. I do think that this makes the program unique and will, in the long run. help players. It is the first trip and GPS/BM will learn from the experience as will the families. I do know that other teams are going to Dallas Cup, Surf Cup, Milk Cup and a few others. In addition, these teams will practice together a few times a month to supplements their club practice.

I know there are a bunch of GPS haters out there, but they are moving in a great direction.

Comment

As the original poster I somewhat agree with you. I do think that this makes the program unique and will, in the long run. help players. It is the first trip and GPS/BM will learn from the experience as will the families. I do know that other teams are going to Dallas Cup, Surf Cup, Milk Cup and a few others. In addition, these teams will practice together a few times a month to supplements their club practice.

I know there are a bunch of GPS haters out there, but they are moving in a great direction.
          I give them credit for trying, and for not standing still and hoping to catch a positive wave. However, I consider the BM association to be a marketing-driven diversion.

Comment

Paul Breitner was talking about the different youth development model we have here vs. Germany. In Germany, the government subsidized youth programs. Imagine a U.S. coach being as direct as a German coach, the pay to play will not last. Imagine a coach telling a parent you kid is not club material. Wow!!! I like to see that.
            He even said that the liga and bundeliga are the best leagues and the quality of the BPL is subpar- I bet the bradleys were grimacing really hard on that one. Strange bedfellows...but where there's a good chance for high revenue, the bradleys are in!!

Comment

Liverpoolfsc has sent teams to Liverpool 3 out of last 4 years. New team going this year.
              They are a combination of training with Liverpool youth coaches, playing matches against local clubs, a football match or two and sightseeing.
              Been wonderful for everyone who has gone. Most would go again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Liverpoolfsc has sent teams to Liverpool 3 out of last 4 years. New team going this year.
                They are a combination of training with Liverpool youth coaches, playing matches against local clubs, a football match or two and sightseeing.
                Been wonderful for everyone who has gone. Most would go again in a heartbeat.
                That sounds great and I'll admit that I'm a little jealous. My kids have done a lot of soccer traveling, but nothing as fun as that. But, to the larger point, what has it done for the development of the players or the attraction of new talent to the club? If it has kept great players from leaving (because it's a marquee event on the calendar), that would be important as a retention strategy. What else?

Comment

Does this mean BM now holds my kids rights if he plays for GPS?

Comment

This is interesting FC BM ID process

http://gps-massachusetts.com/fc-bayern-id/

Comment

This is interesting FC BM ID process

http://gps-massachusetts.com/fc-bayern-id/
                      Sounds good if your son's a U11 or a U12, what about the U13 and up?

Comment

Sounds good if your son's a U11 or a U12, what about the U13 and up?
                        U13 boys are going to Dallas Cup and U14's are going to MILK Cup and to train at BM over the summer.

http://gps-massachusetts.com/gps-bay...-team-program/

Comment

Since they don't have a DAP status, will they be playing in Maple Orange or Nep Premiership II ?

Comment

Since they don't have a DAP status, will they be playing in Maple Orange or Nep Premiership II ?
                            Why not just ask where they will play? Why be a d1ck?

Comment

Does GPS have young teams called by Dreamteam in Maple?

Is that what you are implying in the Maple Orange comment??

Comment

Parents - just make a good holiday out of it, if you're blowing your money on this. The soccer value is real low

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X