Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you're saying my daughter's team is really bad and ODP has a kid that can't even start on it, what you're saying is that ODP is even worse than I had imagined. Thanks for the input.
    Logic is not BTDT's strong suit. Give him a break.

The only "environments" that are "broken" or "diluted" are the ones he doesn't like. So let's not have criticisms of ODP or early recruiting, please.

Comment

The only "environments" that are "broken" or "diluted" are the ones he doesn't like. So let's not have criticisms of ODP or early recruiting, please.
      LOL, nailed it! Can you say DUPLICITY?

Comment

first hand

Comments regarding ODP must be weak because ODP player A "doesn't even start on our team", can possibly be misleading. This may be true, but if your team is a 99/00 U15 team and the player is an 00, then what percentage of your starters are birth year 99s? remember ODP uses FIFA cutoff of birth year. On some of the top teams the 99s will outnumber the 00s 4-1.

The best NEFC players frequently do ODP and have met with great success. They absolutely do it for the regional team events. While the number of coaches at the ODP state tournament have drastically reduced over the years, the number of coaches at the interregional (region versus region teams) are phenomenal. They are all there and they don't have many games to watch. Unlike the Sanford FL event where coaches have 18 or so fields to cover there are 1-2 at Boca Raton. They are lining the sidelines shoulder to shoulder. Further, there is the "soccer resume" The ODP regional team and events on the list of accomplishments still means something. Check the commitment spreadsheets. they list id2, ODP regional team and national team events only. Obviously still has some relevance for girls.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...put=html&gid=6

Agree that if your kid doesn't get a sniff at regional camp for the regional team/pool (never makes it onto the id pool lists) probably isn't worth it unless her club coaching and experience isn't as competitive as the ODP experience. Can't speak for the boys side.

Comment

Once again you are arguing with a shadow. That was not me.

I am not one that looks at ODP like one big cohesive thing. It is not. It is a lot of different things to different people. In our case we always saw ODP strictly as just an identification program and if it weren't for the benefits my daughter derived from it we definitely would not have stuck with it. If I remember correctly, my daughter first got identified when she was 11-12 and without that exposure that ODP gave her I seriously doubt that all of the good things that have since happened for her would have materialized. As someone who has been involved with the program for quite a long period of time I can tell everyone that ODP is not for everyone. Beyond the additional cost, it is pretty political in a lot more ways than most people think and in many respects at the state level it has always been a HUGE time suck because the training is rather rigid and focused on the lowest level players in the group. That said, at the regional and national levels though, it has actually been some of the most important training that my daughter has been exposed to. Even with all of its myriad of warts though, when we combine the amount of exposure my daughter got along with the training benefits she got, it is a slam dunk as far as we are concerned that you should at least give it a shot.

--BTDT

Comment

Right - who do I make the check out to?
            Brendon Boates
            care of #Starsnation

Comment

Comments regarding ODP must be weak because ODP player A "doesn't even start on our team", can possibly be misleading. This may be true, but if your team is a 99/00 U15 team and the player is an 00, then what percentage of your starters are birth year 99s? remember ODP uses FIFA cutoff of birth year. On some of the top teams the 99s will outnumber the 00s 4-1.

The best NEFC players frequently do ODP and have met with great success. They absolutely do it for the regional team events. While the number of coaches at the ODP state tournament have drastically reduced over the years, the number of coaches at the interregional (region versus region teams) are phenomenal. They are all there and they don't have many games to watch. Unlike the Sanford FL event where coaches have 18 or so fields to cover there are 1-2 at Boca Raton. They are lining the sidelines shoulder to shoulder. Further, there is the "soccer resume" The ODP regional team and events on the list of accomplishments still means something. Check the commitment spreadsheets. they list id2, ODP regional team and national team events only. Obviously still has some relevance for girls.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...put=html&gid=6

Agree that if your kid doesn't get a sniff at regional camp for the regional team/pool (never makes it onto the id pool lists) probably isn't worth it unless her club coaching and experience isn't as competitive as the ODP experience. Can't speak for the boys side.
              We can attest to this. The inter regional event is a major recruiting event. Not only are the college coaches there in significant numbers but also national team coaches.

--BTDT

Comment

We can attest to this. The inter regional event is a major recruiting event. Not only are the college coaches there in significant numbers but also national team coaches.

--BTDT
                When did you come back to the site, BTDT? Since you were last here things like WIFI, Facebook, and Twitter and have moved on to the scene. Good to have you back and hopefully your stay will be a long and rewarding one.

Comment

Once again you are arguing with a shadow. That was not me....

--BTDT
                  LOL! Sure, BTDT. Since your credibility is beyond question, we'll just believe what is transparently not true.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X