Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The morons on this site must have been taught by Jay Heaps. Sure, Diego went from team mvp last year to 0 minutes this year because he lost his many skills in the off season/s. Jay Heaps had some hair across his butt concerning Diego so he sat him to the detriment of the team. I presume Diego had some of the same issues (actually knowing how to play the game at another level) with Heaps as Juan Agudelo did, another great player that wants nothing to do with the Revs.

And please save the 'they were almost champions' talk. Without signing Jones, Heaps and his team team goes nowhere.

I wish a great player, Diego, all the best. Just don't turn your back on Suarez when you become his teammate.
    You're crazy if you think he can play for senior Uruguay national team.

Comment

You're crazy if you think he can play for senior Uruguay national team.
      It is nice to see Deigo plays for Uruguay. Here in the USA he been discouraged to play creative soccer. Helpfully he will find his way back playing for Uruguay.

Comment

He doesn't fit in: too small, quick, and technical.
        We need big, slow and robotic.
        Does Bradley have a twin?

Comment

It is nice to see Deigo plays for Uruguay. Here in the USA he been discouraged to play creative soccer. Helpfully he will find his way back playing for Uruguay.
          Agree - we don't play creatively as a rule. There certainly have been thousands of examples of athletes who thrive when put in the right environment. This could be the right one for him. Time will tell.

Comment

On a related note - another young player playing elsewhere

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/sp...T.nav=top-news

Comment

On a related note - another young player playing elsewhere

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/27/sp...T.nav=top-news
              I'll give you all a chuckle during a snowstorm:

The more I've seen Yedlin, the less impressed I am with his pure soccer skills. He is good, but his best 3 skills are:
              speed
              speed
              speed

Put another way, relative to this thread, Diego Fagundez is a better soccer player than Yedlin. 11 Fagundez's would essentially play keep away for 75% of the time against 11 Yedlins.

Comment

The morons on this site must have been taught by Jay Heaps. Sure, Diego went from team mvp last year to 0 minutes this year because he lost his many skills in the off season/s. Jay Heaps had some hair across his butt concerning Diego so he sat him to the detriment of the team. I presume Diego had some of the same issues (actually knowing how to play the game at another level) with Heaps as Juan Agudelo did, another great player that wants nothing to do with the Revs.

And please save the 'they were almost champions' talk. Without signing Jones, Heaps and his team team goes nowhere.

I wish a great player, Diego, all the best. Just don't turn your back on Suarez when you become his teammate.
                You weren't watching objectively last year if you can't admit that Diego struggled. He wasn't scoring, he wasn't setting people up, he was getting knocked around, and he was getting caught out of position defensively. The Revs then started getting results without him in the lineup, and as they say, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I still think he's a good player with a high ceiling and I expect him to bounce back and be more like 2013 Diego - and I'm sure that is how the Revs staff think about him, too. In any case, he's under contract with the Revs for 2 more years, so he's here unless they sell him.

And it looks like Juan may be coming back after turning down plenty of chances to play in Europe in places like Germany and Holland because....well, I don't know why, but I'll take him.

Comment

The more I've seen Yedlin, the less impressed I am with his pure soccer skills. He is good, but his best 3 skills are:
                  speed
                  speed
                  speed

Put another way, relative to this thread, Diego Fagundez is a better soccer player than Yedlin. 11 Fagundez's would essentially play keep away for 75% of the time against 11 Yedlins.
                  Keep dreaming. We're not talking Messi here. The Yedlin's would eat the Diego's alive.

Comment

Wasn't just JH who thought the team was playing better without him in the line up, so did the entire staff and his team mates. All where on the same page, and this includes him. Once the speed of play increased, and they became more organized he was leaving obvious holes defensively. He also wasn't able to read the game when other players took chances getting forward, or committed into the attack around him. His lack of experience playing with other creative players exposed his ability to read the game, and adjust to the space that opened up when he didn't have the ball. Yes he is creative himself when he has the ball, but you need to be able to see others creativity, and be able to fill the right space in the shape, and game plan for that game. Not real strong at understanding the roles of other positions(not players) on the field within the days game plan. I do however think projecting his demise as an elite player, has been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

The truth is he is an average MLS player at best. The rev's hyped him to be something more than he is which is still quite an accomplishment but lets face it not a superstar

Comment

The truth is he is an average MLS player at best. The rev's hyped him to be something more than he is which is still quite an accomplishment but lets face it not a superstar
                        And it's one thing to be an MLS superstar vs one on the world stage

Comment

speed
                          speed
                          speed

This is stupid. That's like saying Harry Kane is a better footballer than Ronaldo just because Ronaldo's faster. Yedlin is flithy and will do great on the Spurs. You have no idea what you're talking about, the kid's a beast and his first-touch will only get better as he trains in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Comment

Yup, went from revs best player to non player in one year because he is average at best. watch him grow with a real coach. (and hopefully with another real playmaker like Juan Agudelo.)

Comment

This is stupid. That's like saying Harry Kane is a better footballer than Ronaldo just because Ronaldo's faster. Yedlin is flithy and will do great on the Spurs. You have no idea what you're talking about, the kid's a beast and his first-touch will only get better as he trains in one of the top leagues in Europe.
                              Think it's odd that you're talking about the need for Yedlin's 1st touch to improve at age 21 or 22? You made my point. Those type of skills are either deep in your blood or not. That's why Diego Fagundez would play keep away from him for 75% of a game.

Comment

Think it's odd that you're talking about the need for Yedlin's 1st touch to improve at age 21 or 22? You made my point. Those type of skills are either deep in your blood or not. That's why Diego Fagundez would play keep away from him for 75% of a game.
                                I never said his first touch was bad...
                                I said his first touch will only improve. Even Ronaldo's first touch improved from his Utd days and now to his Madrid days
                                Same with Sterling and Barkley.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X