Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As someone from Region 2 Ohio that follows this forum it's unfortunate that the USYSA won't have Region 1's best teams. On the flip side, just know that U.S. Club won't have Region 2's best teams. Frustrating for top teams across the country that want to compete against each other that youth soccer can't get this figured out.
    Agree. The players are the ones that are hurt is this battle between the two organizations. Though it might just be the New England Teams that are staying out of USYSA - I think NY and NJ, PA, MD etc are still participating in USYA and there are plenty strong teams from those states.

Comment

Agree. The players are the ones that are hurt is this battle between the two organizations. Though it might just be the New England Teams that are staying out of USYSA - I think NY and NJ, PA, MD etc are still participating in USYA and there are plenty strong teams from those states.
      I don't think so, I think the same is happening in other states as well. Look at the Region 1 league and you will notice a dip in attendance from the top clubs.

Comment

The list of teams for the NEP State Cups is not complete yet. That's bad information.

The other bad information though is that State Cup got everything right. State Cup was a joke, the seeding process was handled poorly, as was the tournament itself.

Comment

The list of teams for the NEP State Cups is not complete yet. That's bad information.

The other bad information though is that State Cup got everything right. State Cup was a joke, the seeding process was handled poorly, as was the tournament itself.
          And how do you know it is not complete yet. It was sent to DCO's as complete, you may have bad info, sorry to say.

Comment

I disagree--this was the one thing that MYSA generally got pretty good--it was always a legit tournament with a legitimate champion. Of course, every year you could quibble about certain seeding decisions--that would be true of almost any tournament, but in the end, teams had to win it on the field.

The real problem I see here is that the MYSA field is now devastated. NEP teams accounted for the majority of champions and finalists in recent years. They also supplied a lot of the lower seeded teams--which at $500 per team is a big financial loss. How does MYSA replace that revenue?

Comment

BU17 -These are all the stronger teams in this age group. That said it is too bad that the State Cup has split into two competing cups. As Bradford showed on Saturday in the FA Cup there is always the possibility of a surprise. Teams like Hammer, Red Thunder, Liverpool that play Maple could have come up with a big win against the power clubs of NEP, NPL?

Aztec NPL Black
              FC Bolts Premier
              FC Bolts Elite
              FC Stars NPL
              BENFICA USA NPL
              WUP U17 Red
              WUP U 17 White
              NEFC Elite U17 Boys
              NEFC United U17 Boys
              CSU U17B Elite Central
              GPS-MA Elite NPL
              FC Stars Central United
              FC Stars West United
              Scorpions NPL
              GPS-MA South Elite
              GPS-MA Boston Elite
              The only strong teams listed there are the Scorpions, who recently have come into their own, GPS Bulldogs, Western United Red and NEFC Elite. The rest of those teams run the gamut from being the equivalent of D3 MAPLE sides to weak D1 MAPLE sides. Not all of them would receive (or deserve) state cup berths.

Top MAPLE teams are SF Vikings, Liverpool and South Shore Unite Blazers. Maybe FC Blazers if they've added players after a pretty significant exodus to the Scorpions.

Comment

It is really a shame that this split in state cup has occurred, particularly for the Maple teams.

You can try to salvage the reputation of Maple by denigrating some of the NEP teams (and agreed that for the big clubs which have numerous teams, their best team will probably be pretty good and their bottom team will probably be pretty bad) but the fact is that Maple is now a third-tier league (academy/NEP/maple/masc). I'm focused on the 2nd and 3rd tiers here- NEP and Maple. The really good teams are in NEP (check last year's final 4s for state cup and you'll see that most of the teams are NEP teams). The good Maple teams who are left surely know they are being left behind, but can't or won't take the steps required to qualify for NEP. Their recourse is to hope to play good teams in tournaments, and/or to try to play in region 1. But the Maple season itself (and now the MYSA state cup) will be mostly a joke- the big clubs (and almost all the top teams) have moved to NEP, and today's Maple 1 is composed mostly of teams which were Maple 2 prior to NEP.

Comment

It is really a shame that this split in state cup has occurred, particularly for the Maple teams.

You can try to salvage the reputation of Maple by denigrating some of the NEP teams (and agreed that for the big clubs which have numerous teams, their best team will probably be pretty good and their bottom team will probably be pretty bad) but the fact is that Maple is now a third-tier league (academy/NEP/maple/masc). I'm focused on the 2nd and 3rd tiers here- NEP and Maple. The really good teams are in NEP (check last year's final 4s for state cup and you'll see that most of the teams are NEP teams). The good Maple teams who are left surely know they are being left behind, but can't or won't take the steps required to qualify for NEP. Their recourse is to hope to play good teams in tournaments, and/or to try to play in region 1. But the Maple season itself (and now the MYSA state cup) will be mostly a joke- the big clubs (and almost all the top teams) have moved to NEP, and today's Maple 1 is composed mostly of teams which were Maple 2 prior to NEP.
                  come on 95% of teams in NEP boys are terrible

Comment

Not trying to salvage anything. I spoke plainly. The four teams I referenced are very good and are the top teams until further notice. They were all, of course, originally MAPLE teams. The rest are precisely what I said they are - a mix of teams that would fall anywhere from MAPLE D3 to weak MAPLE D1. Some of them would not receive berths to the state cup. That's not denigration, that's simple fact. The MAPLE teams I mentioned are good sides that would be earn berths with NEP in the mix and would be competitive.

As far as NEP goes, they've not cornered the market on the best teams and these things are cyclical. It may be that NEP will prove to have the better model, but the truth is, NEP hasn't really developed anything - just pulled MAPLE clubs away from MAPLE. It'll be up to MAPLE to respond. Whether they do, remains to be seen. I'm not overly confident, but I haven't completely written them off either. I would say that MAPLE needs to pull it's head out of the sand and begin by defining what consitutes a club and establishing creteria that weeds out all the fly-by-night operations. Those clubs can operate in MASC until they establish themselves and meet criteria established by MAPLE.

Comment

The only strong teams listed there are the Scorpions, who recently have come into their own, GPS Bulldogs, Western United Red and NEFC Elite. The rest of those teams run the gamut from being the equivalent of D3 MAPLE sides to weak D1 MAPLE sides. Not all of them would receive (or deserve) state cup berths.

Top MAPLE teams are SF Vikings, Liverpool and South Shore Unite Blazers. Maybe FC Blazers if they've added players after a pretty significant exodus to the Scorpions.
                      Its much worse for U16 boys---Basically 4 teams that are good and the rest are either B teams for the club or just plain second or even 3rd tier. The old state cup was a fair competition that actually decided the best teams at this age--no more

Comment

come on 95% of teams in NEP boys are terrible
                        History is not with you.

http://www.nepstatecups.com/massachusetts-cup.html

Last year every age group from U14-18 the finalists and champion were NEP teams. And at U13 the champion was NEP. So Maple had one team in the finals. All the better teams left for NEP.

Comment

History is not with you.

http://www.nepstatecups.com/massachusetts-cup.html

Last year every age group from U14-18 the finalists and champion were NEP teams. And at U13 the champion was NEP. So Maple had one team in the finals. All the better teams left for NEP.
                          Agree that top 5% are in NEP, but still believe 95% of teams are terrible in NEP have you ever seen a boys scorpion second team play or a GPS second or even worse third team - this is majority of NEP

Comment

Agree that top 5% are in NEP, but still believe 95% of teams are terrible in NEP have you ever seen a boys scorpion second team play or a GPS second or even worse third team - this is majority of NEP
                            Sodo you think that a 2nd team vikings v SSS 3rd team in a 4th divsion of maple is good?

Comment

Sodo you think that a 2nd team vikings v SSS 3rd team in a 4th divsion of maple is good?
                              Currently there are two players on the national team pools One under 16 and one u14 from the Revs academy that are doing well . JR and IA . One played for Vikings and the the other for Bayside RI.

People are trying to compare MAPLE vs NEP for their own selfish personal reasons .The reality is that you should find a good coach that will develop your kid and not develop their club.

Comment

sorry for my ineptitude, but can someone provide the website for the Mass state selections. I, personally, did not find it on the MYSA site.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X