Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You didn't counter anything. You have no facts to prove what you said.
    Maybe one or two players from these "other" clubs go on to play some good D3 soccer but that's expected. The OP's point still makes the most sense fact-wise.
    Did you ever think the OP might have offered a distorted view because his real intent was to slam other leagues? Not going to provide you a full list but it is extensive --

Who was NESCAC Rookie of the Year and where did he play?

Where did national title winning Tufts GK play most of his club career?

Where did Brandeis' first team Academic All-American play?

Comment

Did you ever think the OP might have offered a distorted view because his real intent was to slam other leagues? Not going to provide you a full list but it is extensive --

Who was NESCAC Rookie of the Year and where did he play?

Where did national title winning Tufts GK play most of his club career?

Where did Brandeis' first team Academic All-American play?
      Those players are obviously good players and probably could have played at any of the clubs OP listed. You still seem to be misunderstanding the underlying point OP is trying to make.

I assume it's not all about the clubs but whether the player is able to make the roster for said club or not. If you have the talent, you could realistically play anywhere you want. It's only a problem if your kid doesn't have the talent and the parents are chasing after clubs who either don't want them or paying too much for clubs that aren't even good to begin with.

Comment

Those players are obviously good players and probably could have played at any of the clubs OP listed. You still seem to be misunderstanding the underlying point OP is trying to make.

I assume it's not all about the clubs but whether the player is able to make the roster for said club or not. If you have the talent, you could realistically play anywhere you want. It's only a problem if your kid doesn't have the talent and the parents are chasing after clubs who either don't want them or paying too much for clubs that aren't even good to begin with.
        Perhaps, but now you are changing up. If the point was that you have to be good and that many parents underestimate what it takes to play a high level of D3 then we simply could have agreed.

Comment

No they don't. 80% of Rev's and Bolts go D1. Go back to your six pack

To the first poster, I don't drink especially when you already drank the six pack. If you think that 80% of the the DAP roster goes to D1 then you are, in fact, drunk. If you want to change that to 80% of the regular starters then you are closing in on it. The Bolts class that is graduating in 2015 has about 25% going D1.

As for the rest of the post, I might agree that in New England (Revs Bolts, Seacoast) the DAP have strong players, however, I would not say that they are without peer. GPS and NEFC have remodeled and I suspect that fewer players will leave these clubs just to play DAP, or like many of the roster, not play.

The Blazers have a no-nonsense coach that has lost quite a bit of his club. His strongest team is the current U18 team. I am not so sure what he has left after that. At best, FO is trying to rebuild. At worst they will be a shell of their top years.

As for how you are defining the 'highest level' some might debate. If the only definition is how many kids attend a D1 soccer program thereafter then there are flaws to that. While certainly a clear statistic it is not 100% full-proof. Would it be better to attend a top D3 school or a low level D1 school? Is it better to play at Amherst or Central Conn State?

Finally, your statement is merely a sideline toss when there is no suggestion. What is that you would like to have done? How would you suggest that New England 'fix its problem'?
          Way off. Bolts DAP 2015 is actually above 80% going D1. Easy fact to uncover if you did any homework

Comment

Perhaps, but now you are changing up. If the point was that you have to be good and that many parents underestimate what it takes to play a high level of D3 then we simply could have agreed.
            But you agree that most of these NEP and Maple clubs aren't that great and costs a lot of money?

Comment

No one cares about soccer outside of D1 colleges or top D3 colleges like NESCAC and UAA here in New England. If your kid plays for a sub par, no-name D3 school that's great and if he enjoys it that's even greater. Just stop arguing whether NEP or Maple is better because most of the players will either not play college soccer or end up at a no-name D3 school and will probably quit soccer after a year or two in college because of how bad the whole soccer environment is at a no-name D3 soccer school.
              Uhhhh not quite right. Even top D1 schools basically draw parents, girlfriends and roommates to the games. You could throw 50 rocks into the stands during the game and not hit anyone.

Comment

Uhhhh not quite right. Even top D1 schools basically draw parents, girlfriends and roommates to the games. You could throw 50 rocks into the stands during the game and not hit anyone.
                What D1 schools are these?

Comment

What D1 schools are these?
                  harvard and uconn

Comment

harvard and uconn
                    This is a joke right?

Comment

This is a joke right?
                      UConn maybe. Harvard maybe not?

Comment

UConn maybe. Harvard maybe not?
                        Do they keep attendance records? Somebody must. That will settle it.

Comment

Moving to boston and looking for best boy u12 soccer club training

Any suggestion where to bring a u12 fist division player from Miami to Boston?

We are moving to Boston and I would like to find a good soccer school academy in Boston for my son.

Thank you for your help

Comment

Any suggestion where to bring a u12 fist division player from Miami to Boston?

We are moving to Boston and I would like to find a good soccer school academy in Boston for my son.

Thank you for your help
                            OP here. If you're son is U12, I suggest any club he feels comfortable with and likes playing with. At this age it's about finding your feet and the love for the game. U14-U15 is when you should start looking for elite clubs like Bolts, MPS Bulldogs, Blazers, Revolution Academy

Comment

NEFC then jump to the Bolts or Revs down the road a few years when the time is right.

Comment

No one in New England seems to know anything about football/soccer.

For boys:
                                If you're not on the Blazers, MPS Bulldogs, Bolts DAP or Revolution Academy you're "probably" not going to play division 1 soccer or even top division 3 soccer. Again, I say probably because there are always exceptions but it's very unlikely to land a D1 roster spot while playing on a team other than the ones listed.

Maple and NEP both equally suck in terms of quality of coaching, quality of fields and value of your dollar. Stop arguing which is better because if you can't make the roster for the above teams, you're pretty much part of the large majority of youth male soccer players who are playing soccer for FUN. Maybe you'll get a couple of letters from really bad D3 programs who you have no interest in academically.
                                Wow, your advice is very dated and clearly shows you're about a decade behind the times, First off, "MPS Bulldogs" are no more. They are now GPS and the top teams have now formed NPL Boys sides. I guess that's what you meant by the "Bulldogs" moniker. Bolts DAP as you put it, is non-MLS affiliated and by all accounts is a bit of a joke and cash grab and not the best boys are playing there. The Bolts pale in comparison to what they were and represented, again, 10 years ago. Blazers? Not relevant anymore. USYS affiliated and playing in Region 1(Maple comparable). Revs Academy youth teams? Yes okay but very volatile and cut throat. Hero one day, bum the next. Curious how much was a loaf of bread when you were a young lad? Outdated info.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X