Are any club parents happy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

most of the nitwits on here need misery so they come to this forum for it....they can't do anything but whine and complain on TS and attack anyone who asks remotely interesting questions or actually writes something positive. God forbid you are happy, as they will try and drag you down to where they are. Pathetic.

Comment

Ups and downs which are to be expected, but overall happy. Wouldn't trade the experience for our daughter. She loves her team and teammates. We are lucky with a nice group of parents too. I think that if you have freaky parents, it can ruin a team. You spend a lot of time together. Luckily the freaks on our team were weeded out a few years ago. Maybe the parents attitude was a reflection of thir daughters fit with the team. Just let your child enjoy the experience and as a parent, stay away from the chatter.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        interesting, when you say: "...they improving at a rapid rate", who or what you compare them with? has it ever occur to you that somewhere out there bunch of teams developing with much rapid-er rate. You only happy because of geographical proximity and low commitment expectation at your club/team. which allows you to minimize time and energy spent on soccer and your kid in general. Next fall you will realize that 2 best players are gone and team will be winning 1/5 of their games and then will be moved in the lower division (if there is any). But I guess you will still be happy with the rate of their
        improvements.

You surely seem to know what your talking about. I must be an idiot & I'm glad that you've told me how it is. Apparently, I would have never known how this works after countless years of involvement. Perhaps, My child needs to travel more and I can shell out another 4-5k to play at the next level. Nah, I'll save it for college.

Comment

You surely seem to know what your talking about. I must be an idiot & I'm glad that you've told me how it is. Apparently, I would have never known how this works after countless years of involvement. Perhaps, My child needs to travel more and I can shell out another 4-5k to play at the next level. Nah, I'll save it for college.
          I can't believe you are wasting your money to be on a b team. Take up ballet! Obviously soccer is not her thing!

Comment

Has the OP shared his or her story yet?

Obviously the thread has not gone the way the OP expected.

Comment

I can't believe you are wasting your money to be on a b team. Take up ballet! Obviously soccer is not her thing!
              keep writing your checks, book another hotel and good luck explaining to your kid that soccer doesn't pay the bills.

Comment

keep writing your checks, book another hotel and good luck explaining to your kid that soccer doesn't pay the bills.
                Not worried about checks. My kids on full scholarship. B teamers like you pay for her. We enjoy to travel and have plenty of money left over for college. Thanks for your concern.

Comment

Not worried about checks. My kids on full scholarship. B teamers like you pay for her. We enjoy to travel and have plenty of money left over for college. Thanks for your concern.
                  Maybe you would be in a position to help fund scholarship for a player who not only doesn't have plenty money left over for college, doesn't have money to play soccer. Think about a donation.

Comment

Maybe you would be in a position to help fund scholarship for a player who not only doesn't have plenty money left over for college, doesn't have money to play soccer. Think about a donation.
                    He won't. Clearly he's one of those Dbags that only cares about what's in it for him/his kid

Comment

He won't. Clearly he's one of those Dbags that only cares about what's in it for him/his kid
                      Exactly!

Comment

Different poster. Sorry, but this is laughable. Show us what parents aren't in it primarily for their own kids. Among the sports that involve being on a team, soccer is perhaps the one most like tennis, golf, gymnastics, etc in terms of the motivation being about the individual.

Comment

Maybe I am speaking for the parents here but....

Top level teams: In general the top 5 players on the top 3 teams in the state are pretty happy. they get the coaches attention during training, get to play the positions they prefer and dont come off the field at game times. Their parents are happy because they dont have any angst about play time and "opportunities" lost etc. The bottom 5 kids are ok about their situation. They know where they are weak and they know they have to work hard outside of training even more than the top tier and have to bring it in every event to see the field. The middle 8 are pissed because they think they are better than the top 5. They think there is some politics going on and they hate when they are pulled off. Their parents count their minutes on the field.

Most other teams over u10 have a top 2 or 3 kids that are looking to move up. They are frustrated when their teammates can't play at their level and miss training/games for other events. They want to make it to be one of the top 5 on one of the top 3. They are looking to leave. Training and guesting with higher level teams until they ultimately top out, quit or make it to one of the top 3.
                          The middle and lower level kids on these kids (the vast majority of youth soccer players) are oblivious the the other world out there as are their parents. Ignorrance is bliss.

Comment

I am not that happy, but at least 50% of it is my daughter's issues and not so much the club. I also am not sure that it would be different with any other club. My U12 daughter has lots of skill and not enough intensity. The team is very clickey and centers around the alpha females. The coaches do not get involved in the social running of the team and, like any other coach, cherishes those more intense than those who are not. As a result of her lower social standing and her not being a coaches favorite, she does not get the same opportunity and playtime as the others on the team. She has increasingly become more and more what she is treated like i.e. a downward spiral.

I am wondering what the solution is....
                            If I can teach her how to be more intense, I would
                            Perhaps I should consider another team/coach/club
                            Perhaps I should have her consider another activity/sport?

Comment

Different poster. Sorry, but this is laughable. Show us what parents aren't in it primarily for their own kids. Among the sports that involve being on a team, soccer is perhaps the one most like tennis, golf, gymnastics, etc in terms of the motivation being about the individual.
                              Exactly!

Comment

Maybe I am speaking for the parents here but....

Top level teams: In general the top 5 players on the top 3 teams in the state are pretty happy. they get the coaches attention during training, get to play the positions they prefer and dont come off the field at game times. Their parents are happy because they dont have any angst about play time and "opportunities" lost etc. The bottom 5 kids are ok about their situation. They know where they are weak and they know they have to work hard outside of training even more than the top tier and have to bring it in every event to see the field. The middle 8 are pissed because they think they are better than the top 5. They think there is some politics going on and they hate when they are pulled off. Their parents count their minutes on the field.

Most other teams over u10 have a top 2 or 3 kids that are looking to move up. They are frustrated when their teammates can't play at their level and miss training/games for other events. They want to make it to be one of the top 5 on one of the top 3. They are looking to leave. Training and guesting with higher level teams until they ultimately top out, quit or make it to one of the top 3.
                                The middle and lower level kids on these kids (the vast majority of youth soccer players) are oblivious the the other world out there as are their parents. Ignorrance is bliss.
                                Agree but bottom 5 parents think they should be middle tier, middle tier think they should be with the top group, B team parents think that there was a mistake in placement. I've heard comments from C and even D team parents that their kid really should be on the A team. All parents watch out for their kids and think that they are better than they are. The big problem in US soccer today: parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X