Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They can play for both. Maple is town and Nep is club. NPL is where the actual competitive clubs play. Truth hurts.
    very clear, if you play in maple, you cannot play for another club team, official rules or your team gets thrown out

Comment

very clear, if you play in maple, you cannot play for another club team, official rules or your team gets thrown out
      I don't understand. Maple is a town league. Why cant I play Nep?

Comment

I don't understand. Maple is a town league. Why cant I play Nep?
        Why bother with maple when anyone can play nep. Just find a club like gps with town level talent and play in the lower divisions. It not that hard.

I think you rather boast about your kid playing nep rather than maple to all your friends at work. Maple is for old school soccer parents. NEP is for those that just picked up the sport in the last 5 years and need to invest their money into blackhole that only benefits a select few.

Comment

Why bother with maple when anyone can play nep. Just find a club like gps with town level talent and play in the lower divisions. It not that hard.

I think you rather boast about your kid playing nep rather than maple to all your friends at work. Maple is for old school soccer parents. NEP is for those that just picked up the sport in the last 5 years and need to invest their money into blackhole that only benefits a select few.
          wow, you must be really busy at work and have a great job if thats what you talk about with colleagues at work..bring TS to your job, huh, that must really impress people

Comment

By anyone do you mean all the best MAPLE clubs that left to go to NEP?

Can you name any clubs that have gone from NEP back to MAPLE?

I'll wait.

Comment

By anyone do you mean all the best MAPLE clubs that left to go to NEP?

Can you name any clubs that have gone from NEP back to MAPLE?

I'll wait.
              Ill slow down and spell it out for you this time. Anyone who can write a check can find a team to play for in NEP

Comment

Ill slow down and spell it out for you this time. Anyone who can write a check can find a team to play for in NEP
                So you agree that the best clubs left for NEP.

I'll counter your point about anyone being able to find a team with the notion that the same can be said about MAPLE. If I'm wrong about that simply explain why?

By and large, MAPLE clubs are no cheaper than NEP ones(unless we're talking town youth soccer teams, but I'm guessing you don't want to go down that road).

We agree that the better clubs have all left MAPLE for NEP.

So why pay the same fees to play lesser competition?

Comment

So you agree that the best clubs left for NEP.

I'll counter your point about anyone being able to find a team with the notion that the same can be said about MAPLE. If I'm wrong about that simply explain why?

By and large, MAPLE clubs are no cheaper than NEP ones(unless we're talking town youth soccer teams, but I'm guessing you don't want to go down that road).

We agree that the better clubs have all left MAPLE for NEP.

So why pay the same fees to play lesser competition?
                  The LARGER clubs have all left Maple. Sure they may have some of the best teams but dont kid yourself they also have some "town" teams.

With the exception of perhaps the very top teams anyone can find the appropriate team in either league. NEP is stronger at the top there no question. Thats a small percentage of the total league the rest are no better or worse than what's in Maple.

If a team is placed at the appropriate level how is that lesser competition?

Comment

The LARGER clubs have all left Maple. Sure they may have some of the best teams but dont kid yourself they also have some "town" teams.

With the exception of perhaps the very top teams anyone can find the appropriate team in either league. NEP is stronger at the top there no question. Thats a small percentage of the total league the rest are no better or worse than what's in Maple.

If a team is placed at the appropriate level how is that lesser competition?
                    I agree that there is a place for everyone in either league.

Larger clubs, by definition, have a larger pool to choose from so it stands to reason that their top teams have a better chance of being excellent.

The level of competition within each MAPLE division seems very inconsistent. The goal differentials and W/L totals are vastly different between the teams at the top and bottom of the table. This isn't as pronounced in NEP.

In NEP your child will get:

More consistent competition against better clubs

Potential for advancement upward to better teams

Better fields

Better refs

When you consider all that for the same cost as MAPLE it seems like NEP is the more prudent choice. I'm not saying MAPLE doesn't serve its purpose quite well, it just seems like the NEP has more upside for a similar investment.

Comment

I agree that there is a place for everyone in either league.

Larger clubs, by definition, have a larger pool to choose from so it stands to reason that their top teams have a better chance of being excellent.

The level of competition within each MAPLE division seems very inconsistent. The goal differentials and W/L totals are vastly different between the teams at the top and bottom of the table. This isn't as pronounced in NEP.

In NEP your child will get:

More consistent competition against better clubs

Potential for advancement upward to better teams

Better fields

Better refs

When you consider all that for the same cost as MAPLE it seems like NEP is the more prudent choice. I'm not saying MAPLE doesn't serve its purpose quite well, it just seems like the NEP has more upside for a similar investment.
                      So we are in agreement on the first point.

As for the rest I can only base it on personal experience. Every year you will have stronger and weaker teams within divisions. my guess is this happens in both league although i will be honest i have not looked at NEP standings to confirm. This is nothing new and a reason for relegation and promotion.

Again Ill say again LARGER which does not necessarily mean better. What is best for you may not be the same for me.

Over the past two years my kids played on one field which was sub par. 90% of the fields they are playing on are turf. Again our experience.

Better refs, it's the same pool of refs that the leagues pull from so this is not true.

Potential advancement to better teams. Unlikely, if your child is good enough they will be on the better team to start. Breaking into a higher level team is difficult no matter which league.

Comment

Better refs, it's the same pool of refs that the leagues pull from so this is not true.
                        I know several refs and they get better money in NEP and less unhinged parents. Trust me, the better refs take the NEP route.

Comment

Oh yes, the old "I know several refs...." comment and of course that makes the statement completely true and accurate.....

Comment

I know several refs and they get better money in NEP and less unhinged parents. Trust me, the better refs take the NEP route.
                            Too funny, of course the parents of kids in the best league ever are less unhinged. They are the role models for all youth sports.

Comment

The referee assignor in our area assigns the NEP games. The MAPLE games are assigned by an assignor out of our area. The NEP games are assigned first to the most competent officials. The MAPLE assignor is always scrambling to fill slots.

Comment

The referee assignor in our area assigns the NEP games. The MAPLE games are assigned by an assignor out of our area. The NEP games are assigned first to the most competent officials. The MAPLE assignor is always scrambling to fill slots.
                                Untrue

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X