Can a player play on 2 clubs in same season - 1 in NEP and the other in Maple

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly it's the parents fault. If parents left stars in droves over the ECNL travel, you could see a league like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      honestly it's the parents fault. If parents left stars in droves over the ECNL travel, you could see a league like this.
      ECNL is horrible. All that travel and so little talent. Waste of time.

Comment

ECNL is horrible. All that travel and so little talent. Waste of time.
        Ecnl is organized . Looks good from a marketing point of view. All teams and player profile are displayed unlike npl very scattered and never up Date . Npl does Not do a good job on pdp or id2 either.

A college coach has to go through hoops to find player profile and contact information who plays npl

There are good npl teams some are better than ecnl but some how got relegated behind ecnl teams. It should be relegation and promotion but that will never happen because there is
        To much self interest and money involved with ecnl.

What they should do is have ranking and inter league tournents
        For one true championship

Comment

Can a player play on two town teams at the same time? My daughter plays for a team in the Pioneer Valley and has been asked to join a MAPLE team as they are short on players. Would this be considered a violation? In all honesty her Pioneer Valley team would beat the MAPLE team she has been asked to join so I don't think it would be an issue.

Comment

Ecnl is organized . Looks good from a marketing point of view. All teams and player profile are displayed unlike npl very scattered and never up Date . Npl does Not do a good job on pdp or id2 either.

A college coach has to go through hoops to find player profile and contact information who plays npl

There are good npl teams some are better than ecnl but some how got relegated behind ecnl teams. It should be relegation and promotion but that will never happen because there is
            To much self interest and money involved with ecnl.

What they should do is have ranking and inter league tournents
            For one true championship
            That's not true, we play npl and most coaches find the info updated and we have many layers in pdp and id2

Comment

That's not true, we play npl and most coaches find the info updated and we have many layers in pdp and id2
              It is not npl's fault if the resume is not updated, blame the players, they are responsible for that.

Comment

Can a player play on two town teams at the same time? My daughter plays for a team in the Pioneer Valley and has been asked to join a MAPLE team as they are short on players. Would this be considered a violation? In all honesty her Pioneer Valley team would beat the MAPLE team she has been asked to join so I don't think it would be an issue.
                Not an issue - most players play MAPLE and/or NEP and also play PVJSL

Comment

I must ask you then why would you want her to play with worst players? If I'm understanding this correctly the town team would beat a "premier team"

Does that sit with you fine because I would run like hell personally. Will she not pick up bad habits ? Tell me your not paying a penny. Please

Comment

Why wouldn't players be able to play both. Go for it! What would the order of importance be?
                    1. NT(ODP)
                    2. RT(ODP)
                    3. ST(ODP)
                    4. ECNL
                    5. NPL
                    6. NEP
                    7. MAPLE
                    8. Town travel
                    }8&9 interchangable
                    9. MASC
                    10. Town Rec.

To bad all of the New England states "MAPLE Leagues" & ECNL/NPL/NEP couldn't get together, and create 5-6 divisions with 1 or 2 play up/stay in game per division. No automatic up/down, but 1/2 last/2nd to last place vs first/2nd place game, and do it aggregate style. Home and Home series. The 3rd-5th/6th division stays in state, and only the top 2 divisions travel out of state. Big clubs would still exist, and the mom/pop could survive. thoughts?
                    At first I thought no way it could work. Too much money will be lost by one group or another, but they wouldn't. I'm trying hard to poke a hole in the idea, but I like it the more I think about it. The one reason I can come up with, for it not to work, is greed. They probably can't work together, and at least one group will want it all for themselves. To bad they can't just put the players first, and not the power and money!

Comment

What facts, grandma?
                      Make me a sandwich honey and face the facts.

Comment

dual roster

Here's the better question. U16s and up haven't previously been able to play for both town and club teams because towns and most clubs have been under US Youth Soccer. But NEP's affiliation has changed to US Club Soccer instead of USYS. What would prevent a U16 player being on a town team and a US Club Soccer affiliated club team in NEP?

Comment

Originally posted by forzaazzurri View Post
                          actually, i shouldn't have said simply *adopted*. A bylaw had existed, but it was clarified so as to remove any ambiguity. For example, one can't play on two different maple clubs or teams at the same time (e.g., one u14 and one u15).

what about nep and maple?

Comment

I wanted to share our experiences.

All 3 kids have played simultaneously for 2 towns. Our children went to private school so we played there and then they played for our home town.

Then a different time, one of my children played for both a maple team and a nep team.

The secret is planning. For multiple towns, it helps if you are the assistant coach. That allows some limited say into the practice schedule.

For NEP/Maple, there are some time slots that are designed to play at a certain time. For example, U12 11v11 might be in the afternoon. U12 8v8 might be in the morning so this allows you to sign up for both.

If you do double town and double team, you can practice 5 days a week sometimes multiple sessions and have 4 games on the weekend!

Comment

Maple is a state league not a town league. Maple will be around for 20+ years and your usclubsoccer league will come and go with different names . They will change the requirements every couple of year to try and make sound all elite but in fact it will be same garbage marketing message over and over again.Those that can,will pay more for nothing more than a slick coach with a nicer fitted Adidas tapered bottom . The practice session will be no better than a E-license town coach .

Director of coaching will continue to register their teams under their credentials and give you some over priced pub coach to only show up to half of the practices. It been done before and it will not change. You need to let it go !!!
                              Keep telling yourself that sweetheart.. Maple is a bunch of bad town teams. Bottom of the barrell.

Comment

what about nep and maple?
                                They can play for both. Maple is town and Nep is club. NPL is where the actual competitive clubs play. Truth hurts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X