•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champions League 2015

Champions League Link

http://www.gotsport.com/asp/director...?EventID=41412

I made a statement that I was going to wait and see what the competition was going to be like and the format before I commented. I think the competition will be pretty solid over all but the format is going to be a nightmare. I will take SSS U14 team and put this into perspective. I have pasted the teams and locations below. No teams are within 4 hours of SSS if I am correct on where these clubs are located. I am not sure how they will 2 games away unless they play at a neutral location. I also looked at the U13 SSS schedule and not sure how LL will be able to coach these 2 teams when away or even home.

SOUTH SHORE SELECT U14 ELITE (MA)
    EMPIRE REVOLUTION BUFFALO BLUE (NYW)
    RHINOS ELITE 00/01 (NYW)
    GBFC SELECT RILEY (NYW)
    DELAWARE RUSH DE RUSH '00 (DE)
    HBC IMPACT 00 (NYE)
    NJ STALLIONS ACADEMY FREEDOM NPL (NJ)
    PREMIER STRIKERS (MD)

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Champions League Link

I made a statement that I was going to wait and see what the competition was going to be like and the format before I commented. I think the competition will be pretty solid over all but the format is going to be a nightmare. I will take SSS U14 team and put this into perspective. I have pasted the teams and locations below. No teams are within 4 hours of SSS if I am correct on where these clubs are located. I am not sure how they will 2 games away unless they play at a neutral location. I also looked at the U13 SSS schedule and not sure how LL will be able to coach these 2 teams when away or even home.

RHINOS ELITE 00/01 (NYW)
    GBFC SELECT RILEY (NYW)
    HBC IMPACT 00 (NYE)
    PREMIER STRIKERS (MD)
    Yeah our club declined this insanity.

Comment

Glad we did not do this Champions league. This is just what I thought would happen with all the best clubs playing ECNL and NPL. Not much left close to MA.

Comment

USYSA and Region 1 at it best.

Comment

Yeah our club declined this insanity.
          Better teams top to bottom than ECNL, both NPLs. Even after USCS pulled all their clubs out and refused to let teams enter because of US Youth Soccer turf war. If you wanted more local clubs, you don't have them this year but you might start next year if player or teams start pulling out of USCS clubs.

Comment

Better teams based on what, Gotsoccer points, state cup champions. It looks good on paper because they go to a lot of tournaments because they need points. ECNL and NPL clubs still better competition and more sensible travel. Good luck with this league and let us know how it works out.

Comment

Better teams based on what, Gotsoccer points, state cup champions. It looks good on paper because they go to a lot of tournaments because they need points. ECNL and NPL clubs still better competition and more sensible travel. Good luck with this league and let us know how it works out.
              ECNL is over rated , a bunch of blowhards talking about how great there league is. Try winning something.

Comment

hahahaha, this is even worse than i expected. Competition isn't bad, given what's left in region one this is actually pretty decent. The problem is the travel. The ECNL and NPL travel requirements are nothing compared to this mess; if you live in NYW, this is good but for the northeast this is a terrible situation. Also it looks like games will start in february, and go on saturdays and sundays. So much for town leagues, and everyone loves playing outdoors in february, Of course if you're down in Maryland for a game, it's probably warm enough.

On top of all this, they let everyone in year one, the whole selling point of this was going to be only the best, now it's a watered down version with the worst travel schedule i've ever seen in a league. Have fun SSS and anyone else willing to travel 6-9 hours every weekend, both ways.

Comment

Champions League Link

RHINOS ELITE 00/01 (NYW)
                  GBFC SELECT RILEY (NYW)
                  HBC IMPACT 00 (NYE)
                  PREMIER STRIKERS (MD)
                  You forgot
                  GS CASH MONEY ACADEMY (EBF)

Comment

You forgot
                    GS CASH MONEY ACADEMY (EBF)
                    boring

Comment

Champions League Link

RHINOS ELITE 00/01 (NYW)
                      GBFC SELECT RILEY (NYW)
                      HBC IMPACT 00 (NYE)
                      PREMIER STRIKERS (MD)
                      Who in there right mind would travel to play b teams in second division. What a joke! Stick with the town league of maple second division. Your team is horrible why travel?

Comment

Who in there right mind would travel to play b teams in second division. What a joke! Stick with the town league of maple second division. Your team is horrible why travel?
                        Oh, the SSS haters are back, ouch!

Comment

Oh, the SSS haters are back, ouch!

Jealous fools. I like how they talk about all the travel and the schedule isn't even out yet.

Comment

Did you read what you said and actually look at the teams you are playing.

EMPIRE REVOLUTION BUFFALO BLUE (NYW) - 6 hours
                            RHINOS ELITE 00/01 (NYW) - 6 hours
                            GBFC SELECT RILEY (NYW) - 6 hours
                            DELAWARE RUSH DE RUSH '00 (DE) - 7 hours
                            HBC IMPACT 00 (NYE) - 4 hours
                            NJ STALLIONS ACADEMY FREEDOM NPL (NJ) - 5 hours
                            PREMIER STRIKERS (MD) - 8 hours

All these times are with perfect driving conditions.

Comment

That right, you are SSS and all the teams will come to you. Not!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X