Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEFC Tournament

From the tournament website................◦Upon acceptance, application fees will be deposited, credit cards will be charged, and there will be no refunds unless the event is canceled. Should the event be canceled, $150 of the application fee is nonrefundable. Every effort will be made to play all games in case of inclement weather. Games may be shortened to accommodate a delayed schedule.

$150 if they have to cancel the tournament? For what? A few years back my team had $100 held back from Scorpion Bowl for a cancellation and it seemed significant. What do they need $150 per team for if they do not play?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    From the tournament website................◦Upon acceptance, application fees will be deposited, credit cards will be charged, and there will be no refunds unless the event is canceled. Should the event be canceled, $150 of the application fee is nonrefundable. Every effort will be made to play all games in case of inclement weather. Games may be shortened to accommodate a delayed schedule.

$150 if they have to cancel the tournament? For what? A few years back my team had $100 held back from Scorpion Bowl for a cancellation and it seemed significant. What do they need $150 per team for if they do not play?
    Overhead

Comment

Event will rake in $600,000. About $100,000 if cancelled.

Comment

Overhead
        With the # of teams that will participate there is not that much overhead since you do not pay for fields/referees/etc. if cancelled. I understand you have to pay for awards still, but it jsut means you do not pay for them next year as those are all stickers that can just be replaced for next year. No tournament should bring in that much money from other clubs without the event just to be greedy.

Comment

What are you clueless & stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! or do you think its your duty to help this sight to be more pathetic than it already is!!!!!!!!! soccer forum===sure it is ------not. If your clueless & stupid, when you signed your agreement, it spells out what tournaments the club will cover and if this just happens to be 1 of them, don't complain about cost, the club is not going to lower your club fee or reimburse you if the application fee is a dollar. My gut says the latter.

Comment

What are you clueless & stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! or do you think its your duty to help this sight to be more pathetic than it already is!!!!!!!!! soccer forum===sure it is ------not. If your clueless & stupid, when you signed your agreement, it spells out what tournaments the club will cover and if this just happens to be 1 of them, don't complain about cost, the club is not going to lower your club fee or reimburse you if the application fee is a dollar. My gut says the latter.
            Hey smarty, this is a web"site", which you use your eye"sight" to read.

Pot meet kettle...

Comment

Spot on. This is how it works for kids playing soccer. You pay, and then you pay, and then you pay some more or your kid don't play. No questions please. Got it?

Comment

Spot on. This is how it works for kids playing soccer. You pay, and then you pay, and then you pay some more or your kid don't play. No questions please. Got it?
                The only way this will change is enough kids playing today give back as adults and town programs are on the same level as today's clubs. There are a few MA towns that are there but the reality is Dufus dads or professional coaches. If your child is talented then there really isn't a choice-pay or fall way behind.

Comment

The only way this will change is enough kids playing today give back as adults and town programs are on the same level as today's clubs. There are a few MA towns that are there but the reality is Dufus dads or professional coaches. If your child is talented then there really isn't a choice-pay or fall way behind.
                  You can pay whatever you want and it still won't buy determination and intrinsic motivation for a talented kid. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Comment

In my town we had a few women that wanted to give back to the town program that they played for as youth players. The women were college players and once they graduated they came to coach but were assigned as assistant to the assistant and eventually just stopped coming. These guys in town soccer will never relinquish there power to play Mia at center forward the entire game or until she passes out.

Comment

I think this thread proves the point that ts is very NEFC driven and friendly. A few years back when we got a foot of snow the day before the Scorpions tournament they had to cancel most of it and they held back $100 per team. This site was littered with anti-scorpions bashing and when NEFC does the same people are "stupid" and it is defended. Hmmm. Who could be the main posters?

Comment

You can pay whatever you want and it still won't buy determination and intrinsic motivation for a talented kid. Where there is a will, there is a way.
                        No where there is a will a club with outstanding coaching, a lot training and strong competition there is a way. Otherwise play just for fun or try lacrosse, no way top level soccer will happen.

Comment

Simple

So - don't sign up. Simple.

Comment

In my town we had a few women that wanted to give back to the town program that they played for as youth players. The women were college players and once they graduated they came to coach but were assigned as assistant to the assistant and eventually just stopped coming. These guys in town soccer will never relinquish there power to play Mia at center forward the entire game or until she passes out.
                            Same thing in Cambridge. Dads who never played and college players as assistants. Better players all play club only by u12 in a keep dads happy system.

Comment

Same thing in Cambridge. Dads who never played and college players as assistants. Better players all play club only by u12 in a keep dads happy system.
                              I think it is most towns. It's great that parents volunteer to help coach, but some of them end up thinking that they are gods gift to soccer and even worse are those that do it so their kid can play the entire game. Of ALL of my son's town soccer coaches where they had a kid on the team, none of them made either the JV or Varsity teams in high school. Most of them got more playing time then my son and yet my son made the high school teams. Go figure. That's why you really have to do club soccer if you are serious about soccer and wanting to get better. You won't get better plain town soccer. The only really good coach any of my kids had for town was a guy that just loved the game and loved teaching kids about soccer and didn't have a kid on the team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X