Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are benefits of collegiate soccer worth the costs? Are parents concerned about this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are benefits of collegiate soccer worth the costs? Are parents concerned about this?

Committing to college team is a significant investment of time and energy. Will it detract from other more important goals? Are parents concerned about this?

I thought the season was very short?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Committing to college team is a significant investment of time and energy. Will it detract from other more important goals? Are parents concerned about this?
      These kinds of threads are silly. You have to know your kid. Yes, college soccer at any level is very time-consuming. If your kid isn't getting something out of it, then of course it's worth it. Some kids flourish more when playing a sport. Some don't By the time your kid is a junior or senior in high school you should have some decent clues about this.

Comment

who asks these stupid questions

Comment

someone looking to stir up trouble

Comment

I know it's expensive but I think it's good for kids to go to college. Absolutely.

Comment

Didn't one of your teacher's ever tell you that there are never any stupid questions? This is a discussion forum and asking questions is how one generally starts a discussion. The sad thing about TS is there is a very vocal minority that apparently feels that nothing can be discussed that might ultimately generate a conclusion that runs counter to their personal opinions.

The reason they don't want this thread particular thread is because it is aimed at clubs who market themselves by pushing college commitments and we all know which club really does that the most around here. Instead of debating the issue they will deflect attention from the actual topic by mocking the thread and making all sorts of accusations about who started it and why. That is how trolls act.

Comment

Didn't one of your teacher's ever tell you that there are never any stupid questions? This is a discussion forum and asking questions is how one generally starts a discussion. The sad thing about TS is there is a very vocal minority that apparently feels that nothing can be discussed that might ultimately generate a conclusion that runs counter to their personal opinions.

The reason they don't want this thread particular thread is because it is aimed at clubs who market themselves by pushing college commitments and we all know which club really does that the most around here. Instead of debating the issue they will deflect attention from the actual topic by mocking the thread and making all sorts of accusations about who started it and why. That is how trolls act.
                Wow. I didn't know you would be that transparent. What you fail to realize when you boil it down is that YOU can't tolerate any conclusion (or even a hint of a suggestion) that runs counter to your personal opinions and agendas. NO ONE has been more dogmatic and more of a never-change-my-mind-preacher than you. Almost everyone else, including Mr. P, have at various points agreed with you. But that's not enough for you. You want blood. And that's why these posts of yours like the one above suggesting you are the open-minded discussion King advocating for greater diversity of view is so hideously dishonest.

And you give yourself away in the second paragraph. This thread is aimed at commitment lists and a specific club? Really? So the OP's questions aren't genuine and were intended to get at commitment lists and Stars? That's quite a leap unless you know exactly why the thread was started. Let's hear it.

Comment

So ignore and carry on discussion. I have enjoyed some creative mockery on here but so far efforts on this thread are weak.

Comment

So the Stars don't make a big deal about commitments???

Comment

So the Stars don't make a big deal about commitments???
                      Actually they don't. You do. But is that now the official topic of the thread? I thought it was about the value of playing college soccer. Seemed a lot more generic than you are making it out to be, but I guess that just means you did start the thread and are anxious to get at why you really started it. In that case, you've covered this ground thousands of times, so consider your points made.

Comment

Actually they don't. You do. But is that now the official topic of the thread? I thought it was about the value of playing college soccer. Seemed a lot more generic than you are making it out to be, but I guess that just means you did start the thread and are anxious to get at why you really started it. In that case, you've covered this ground thousands of times, so consider your points made.
                        Wow, we really are breaking out all the lies and misinformation tonight. Perspective must be feeling the heat after the Stars poor showing this past weekend.

BTW, Next time you have a thought in your head say welcome stranger!!

Comment

Wow, we really are breaking out all the lies and misinformation tonight. Perspective must be feeling the heat after the Stars poor showing this past weekend.

BTW, Next time you have a thought in your head say welcome stranger!!
                          This was the OP -- "Committing to college team is a significant investment of time and energy. Will it detract from other more important goals? Are parents concerned about this?"

How does that lead to the conclusion that the thread is supposed to be just another in the long line of hate Stars threads started by the same person? Do you know how many he has started in just the last 6 months alone? And we're just supposed to say "keep up the good work...keep hating....keep 'discussing'"???

Comment

Yes I am concerned about this because I would like to see my children go to a competitive grad school.

So my next question to myself is -- if college soccer is not really the goal, then how much club soccer is needed for my child to make a good high school varsity soccer team.

When do I strongly suggest an alternative to club soccer like AAU baseball or USTA tennis?

Good question.
                            -- Pathfinder

Comment

This was the OP -- "Committing to college team is a significant investment of time and energy. Will it detract from other more important goals? Are parents concerned about this?"

How does that lead to the conclusion that the thread is supposed to be just another in the long line of hate Stars threads started by the same person? Do you know how many he has started in just the last 6 months alone? And we're just supposed to say "keep up the good work...keep hating....keep 'discussing'"???
                              Why don't you list all of the threads here that you think he started so we can all laugh our butts off at how foolish you are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X