Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The only roma affiliated clubs in the USA are those announced the other day.....period. Anyone that says otherwise is lying Report him to rome and see what haPpens in fact i will report him myself if such exists

The move to affiliate with the creame de la creame of the usa youth system is one of player ID through training of coaches direct relationships and quality control measures. This offers the promising prospect a direct route to europe Not just in boston but in different areas in the usa to assuure coverage across the country. Read the release. But you must obviously know better than the clubs mentioned let alone their excelllent reputations and track records for producing Top players in USA. Tou can hate yourself for the inadequte genes you past on to your kid but dont slam something you know nothing about nor have reserched properly
    "Report" to who exactly you stupid nitwit. The Roma "affiliates" are with obscure youth soccer clubs in St. Catherines, Ontario and Sydney, Australia. I'll slam it because it's an absolute farce that Roma wants to identify American boys. The entire planet knows that the US is an untapped merchandising market worth billions and not to identify seasonal soccer players that typically are multi sport kids who don't train nearly enough with American parents that are obsessed with won/loss game results only. Europeans laugh at the America pay to play system and it marches on with the Bolts so-called Roma affiliation. Like I said earlier, hurry and pick up the new Nike 2015/16 Roma kit, your Bolt kid will feel so special, you stupid fool.
    and btw, it's creme de la crème, not "creame"

Comment

The only roma affiliated clubs in the USA are those announced the other day.....period. Anyone that says otherwise is lying Report him to rome and see what haPpens in fact i will report him myself if such exists

The move to affiliate with the creame de la creame of the usa youth system is one of player ID through training of coaches direct relationships and quality control measures. This offers the promising prospect a direct route to europe Not just in boston but in different areas in the usa to assuure coverage across the country. Read the release. But you must obviously know better than the clubs mentioned let alone their excelllent reputations and track records for producing Top players in USA. Tou can hate yourself for the inadequte genes you past on to your kid but dont slam something you know nothing about nor have reserched properly
      Did you actually say "read the release?" I have some land on the moon that you may be interested in. You can't be that naïve.

Comment

"Report" to who exactly you stupid nitwit. The Roma "affiliates" are with obscure youth soccer clubs in St. Catherines, Ontario and Sydney, Australia. I'll slam it because it's an absolute farce that Roma wants to identify American boys. The entire planet knows that the US is an untapped merchandising market worth billions and not to identify seasonal soccer players that typically are multi sport kids who don't train nearly enough with American parents that are obsessed with won/loss game results only. Europeans laugh at the America pay to play system and it marches on with the Bolts so-called Roma affiliation. Like I said earlier, hurry and pick up the new Nike 2015/16 Roma kit, your Bolt kid will feel so special, you stupid fool.
        and btw, it's creme de la crème, not "creame"
        Report to the club. You cant just slao the name of a pro club on your mom and pop. The only official affiliate in canada for rome is Vardar announced the other day

If they want to sell jerseys you dont join up with DAP who only have a few hundred kids you join pay to play factories to reach big numbers. They can certainly find a few kids with this olan and the type of clubs they joined. But i guess you know better than these guys Maybe you can save them and convince then to join MAPLE with the club you own or work for?

Also announced is partnerships with Chargers (Clearwater, FL), three time national champions in the youth ranks and 40 Florida State Titles. Pateadores (Southern CA) were 2011 U-17/U-18 national champions, and Vardar (Detroit, MI), the top soccer club in the state of Michigan. Also included is Real Colorado (Denver, CO) a regular in the top 20 ranks of youth clubs. These are all prolific feeders to D1 and to MLS.
        Call them. Ask them why would they sell out after all these years of producing pros and D 1 players. Maybe rome fooled them and your the only one who sees this?

Comment

Report to the club. You cant just slao the name of a pro club on your mom and pop. The only official affiliate in canada for rome is Vardar announced the other day

If they want to sell jerseys you dont join up with DAP who only have a few hundred kids you join pay to play factories to reach big numbers. They can certainly find a few kids with this olan and the type of clubs they joined. But i guess you know better than these guys Maybe you can save them and convince then to join MAPLE with the club you own or work for?

Also announced is partnerships with Chargers (Clearwater, FL), three time national champions in the youth ranks and 40 Florida State Titles. Pateadores (Southern CA) were 2011 U-17/U-18 national champions, and Vardar (Detroit, MI), the top soccer club in the state of Michigan. Also included is Real Colorado (Denver, CO) a regular in the top 20 ranks of youth clubs. These are all prolific feeders to D1 and to MLS.
          Call them. Ask them why would they sell out after all these years of producing pros and D 1 players. Maybe rome fooled them and your the only one who sees this?

Maybe they tried to join NEFC or GPS first, but were turned down. I am still waiting for NEFC to affiliate with a club but maybe they realize the farce in doing so. Perhaps they are successful without having to join up with an international business. Clearly, GPS decided that Roma was not for them and went to Bayern. Perhaps the Bolts was a third or even fifth consideration for Roma. Perhaps the Bolts saw an opportunity and sought out Roma and said 'While you are here.....'.
          Either way, the value in affiliating with any of these international clubs is yet to be seen. While it is more likely that I just don't have the data, but how many kids were ID'd by one of these affiliations to go to Europe/Asia/Whereever to play?

As I said earlier, unless these affiliations are providing more training at a lower cost by Bayern or Roma coaches for prolonged stretches (3 months and beyond) then the affiliation is superficial and benefits the international club for marketing and the local club for advertising. Unless, the international clubs are providing free trips to their junior academies or helping to build fields and indoor training sites in this country, then I fail to see the significant benefit for the players.

As I said, it is possible that I just don't know any of the statistics. However, I submit that if only one kid gets ID'd this way then I don't see the real benefit to American youth soccer. Statisticallly, that one kid was likely an anomaly. When these presumably better coaches with a better system come to this country and establish another way of training then I will be excited about it. However, it is yet to happen. Even GPS(MPS) tried a little to do this, but I don't seen their kids practicing 5 days per week with the professional coaches.

The irony of this is that it took smaller clubs (I won't give example so as to not infuriate posters on TS) to start offering more training at a lower cost to get the larger clubs to start offering more. Now the bar is set at three training sessions per week and weekend games. Any club that does less is not worth it. Fact is, the clubs should be offering more than that, but they don't want to spend the money on fields and the parents would have to re-write their weekly schedules.

Good luck to the Bolts. My kids have played for them when the Kerr family was around. They have gone downhill despite the opportunity (DAP) to 'escalate' themselves. They allowed their foundation to fall apart. I blame BA and the BOD for that. Perhaps Roma can help. However, for the reasons cited above, I remain skeptic. Until they give their best coaches to the youngest teams, they will continue to destroy their foundation. Any club that sees the foundation as being built from U15 and older is being foolish. The future is in our youth.

Comment

I'm not a Bolts person, actually a Roma fan, but I find it incredible that people think so much of themselves to write page long analyses based on nothing other than their ill informed opinions and a flawed understanding of both marketing and soccer.

I doubt Roma went to NEFC or anyone else first in this endeavor since they were clearly looking to establish relationships with non-MLS DAP clubs across the U.S. to gain access to training and scouting of young prospects over the next 3-5 years. They took a regional approach, northeast, southeast, north central, so cal, mountain central, with plans for No Cal/Pacific NW and NY/NJ.

This is not an altruistic venture to improve the state of soccer in the US, this is a club, that lacks the financial foundation and scouting network of the biggest clubs in Europe that finds the soccer market in Europe increasingly favoring the haves over the have-nots. the systematic involvement in the DAP's non-MLS clubs gives them CHEAP access to a pool of potential players they are interested in withou having to compete with MLS homegrown player clauses or fees to other European clubs.

In the end it is a very inexpensive experiment. If they find the talent they want, they'll keep doing it and their US affiliates will benefit. If they don't find the talent, they'll stop and no one will benefit.

I'm not denying the marketing potential, but the marketing of jerseys to 5-7 US youth teams isn't the goal. The goal is 3-5 star US players that a nation of millions buys jerseys in support of.

Comment

I'm not a Bolts person, actually a Roma fan, but I find it incredible that people think so much of themselves to write page long analyses based on nothing other than their ill informed opinions and a flawed understanding of both marketing and soccer.

I doubt Roma went to NEFC or anyone else first in this endeavor since they were clearly looking to establish relationships with non-MLS DAP clubs across the U.S. to gain access to training and scouting of young prospects over the next 3-5 years. They took a regional approach, northeast, southeast, north central, so cal, mountain central, with plans for No Cal/Pacific NW and NY/NJ.

This is not an altruistic venture to improve the state of soccer in the US, this is a club, that lacks the financial foundation and scouting network of the biggest clubs in Europe that finds the soccer market in Europe increasingly favoring the haves over the have-nots. the systematic involvement in the DAP's non-MLS clubs gives them CHEAP access to a pool of potential players they are interested in withou having to compete with MLS homegrown player clauses or fees to other European clubs.

In the end it is a very inexpensive experiment. If they find the talent they want, they'll keep doing it and their US affiliates will benefit. If they don't find the talent, they'll stop and no one will benefit.

I'm not denying the marketing potential, but the marketing of jerseys to 5-7 US youth teams isn't the goal. The goal is 3-5 star US players that a nation of millions buys jerseys in support of.

If you don't like 'page long' posts then why write one? Oh. You don't like other people's page long posts. Sorry. Just being cute.

I don't doubt that Roma is benefitting from this relationship either by the rare player or merchandise and marketing. And for that one rare player that they will find in New England, what is the benefit for the other 1000 plus players currently at the Bolts? The Bolts are certainly hoping it will be good advertising and bring in more players.......both good and paying players. Perhaps the teams might be better but only by recruitment and replacement of the current players.

My question or criticism is that what added developmental benefit is there for the Bolts players with the affiliation with Roma, or any club? Unless the training is increased and improved (for more than 5-8 day camp/trip) then there is no change at all. Unless money is being pumped into the youth clubs then there is no change at all. Unless fields are being provided then there is no change at all.

If Roma claims to want to find and develop potential players, and they feel that they can offer something better, then they will provide coaching year-round, help to improve training facilities, and help to reduce fees and travel costs. Short of this, I don't see how this benefits the current players.

Comment

pay-to-pay US soccer continual failure

If you don't like 'page long' posts then why write one? Oh. You don't like other people's page long posts. Sorry. Just being cute.

Bolts is the premiere example of pay-to-pay US soccer continual failure.

Any affiliation with real futbol teams (e.g. almost anywhere else, Europe, South America, Africa) benefits their BUSINESS bottom line. Soccer is a business in the US whereas it's a subsidized sport and national resource elsewhere.

No US company can afford one-offs as their business model - they are in it for name and recognition to draw a contingency of further clientele.

Comment

Can someone tell me what local club has the most players who have gone to d1 schools and then the pro's?

Comment

Can someone tell me what local club has the most players who have gone to d1 schools and then the pro's?
                    Historically, back to the beginning of time, it would be the Bolts. Not sure about last three years or so with the Rev's coming into the picture, but I would say it is still very close.

Comment

Historically, back to the beginning of time, it would be the Bolts. Not sure about last three years or so with the Rev's coming into the picture, but I would say it is still very close.

If your son plays on a DAP team, do you, as the parent, have the expectation that they will attend a divison 1 soccer program and anything less would be a failure? Assuming that your kid is not going to be a professional ball player, would you choose a D1 school with weaker academics over a D3 school with significantly better academics?

Comment

If your son plays on a DAP team, do you, as the parent, have the expectation that they will attend a divison 1 soccer program and anything less would be a failure? Assuming that your kid is not going to be a professional ball player, would you choose a D1 school with weaker academics over a D3 school with significantly better academics?
                        I would hope that he would chose a school that is the right fit both academically and athletically. Is that a good enough answer for you?

Comment

Well, BTDT advice from experience - if your kid is focusing his life on DAP in order to get into a "D1 program", then he and/or you must be dumb. If your kid has intelligence, the first priority is getting him into a good college and encouraging him get a good education. The "D1 program" part should come second. But if he truly is dumb, and he will take fake or easy classes when he gets to college anyway, just so he can spend all his time with a soccer ball, then you're correct to focus now on DAP and the "D1 program".

Comment

Well, BTDT advice from experience - if your kid is focusing his life on DAP in order to get into a "D1 program", then he and/or you must be dumb. If your kid has intelligence, the first priority is getting him into a good college and encouraging him get a good education. The "D1 program" part should come second. But if he truly is dumb, and he will take fake or easy classes when he gets to college anyway, just so he can spend all his time with a soccer ball, then you're correct to focus now on DAP and the "D1 program".
                            Don't worry about it. Your kid isn't playing DAP or going D1, thus your post. Let the kids who have earned it figure out which school they want to go to. Nothing to do with you.

Comment

I would hope that he would chose a school that is the right fit both academically and athletically. Is that a good enough answer for you?

No. This is a generic answer. I am curious to know if there is pressure for DAP kids to play Division 1 soccer. I am not intending to start a war, I just want to know what the thoughts are on the part of the parents and kids of DAP teams.

Comment

No. This is a generic answer. I am curious to know if there is pressure for DAP kids to play Division 1 soccer. I am not intending to start a war, I just want to know what the thoughts are on the part of the parents and kids of DAP teams.
                                None of your business. Get lost

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X