Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The very simple answer is that I would judge both equally slutty. I hope this doesn't cause your world view to come crashing down around you.

You don't even realize that it doesn't matter what I considered "slutty" nor what you consider "slutty". No one is entitled to any particular level of esteem from others based upon their actions. You want to enforce rules of thought and expression based upon some preconceived notion of the norm. Your notions are at odds with traditional notions (and in many cases legal notions and even logic) and so you want this game rigged. Sorry buddy - free though will out...even on American college campuses.
    You are a liar...and an illogical one at that. Now you say no one is entitled to any level of esteem based on their actions, even though you have very demonstrably shown in all of your posts that you embrace certain slurs based on some objective idea in your head about what those words convey. One thing is clear -- you hold yourself in too high esteem. Your intellect impresses as sophomoric...someone who was assigned the wrong side of an essay question and keeps flailing at trying to defend the losing side. And btw, I haven't tried to enforce anything. All I've said is that words influence and set the parameters for perception, and when perceptions are reified in negative images there are consequences to that.

Comment

You are a liar...and an illogical one at that. Now you say no one is entitled to any level of esteem based on their actions, even though you have very demonstrably shown in all of your posts that you embrace certain slurs based on some objective idea in your head about what those words convey. One thing is clear -- you hold yourself in too high esteem. Your intellect impresses as sophomoric...someone who was assigned the wrong side of an essay question and keeps flailing at trying to defend the losing side. And btw, I haven't tried to enforce anything. All I've said is that words influence and set the parameters for perception, and when perceptions are reified in negative images there are consequences to that.
      Devolving to name calling and thinking you understand the devious unstated motives of others are hallmarks of bad argumentation. You try to avoid the substance of the discussion. It's because there is no there there. You are just trying to avoid having to argue by cutting off what other people are allowed to say and think. There is never any shortage of your kind. Illegal aliens are illegal aliens. Sluts are sluts. Up is up. Down is down. 1 + 1 = 2. I don't make the rules of logic I just live by them. You should try too.

Comment

Illegal aliens are illegal aliens. Sluts are sluts. Up is up. Down is down. 1 + 1 = 2. I don't make the rules of logic I just live by them. You should try too.
        Apparently they didn't teach you at your school of higher learning that tautology doesn't equal logic. I gave you substance. I gave you the Utah example which you ignored. Apparently what something is in some places is not what they are in others. You have proven that you have no clue about the relationship between words and perception. You don't understand the difference between the signifier and the signified.

Comment

Devolving to name calling and thinking you understand the devious unstated motives of others are hallmarks of bad argumentation. You try to avoid the substance of the discussion. It's because there is no there there. You are just trying to avoid having to argue by cutting off what other people are allowed to say and think. There is never any shortage of your kind. Illegal aliens are illegal aliens. Sluts are sluts. Up is up. Down is down. 1 + 1 = 2. I don't make the rules of logic I just live by them. You should try too.

The Duke post is somewhat humorous but pathetically so. At least half of the words and phrases that they seem so offiensive is ridiculous. 'man up', 'throw like a girl'. Have you ever seen girls throw?? Words and phrases have color and meaning. They are descriptive. If you want to make everything bland and want to live in a robotic place where everyone acts, dresses, and talks the same then do so, but don't be upset or surprised when others want to be more colorful. What I find incredible is that those who complain about what other people say and how others express themselves, go on to express themselves in ways that I find unsuitable.....for me. Like they would say to me; 'don't look and don't express yourself', I would say to them and to you the same.
          The 'C' word is offensive and it was meant to be so with a particular purpose. It can be applied in whatever way a user wants to use it. A slut is a slut whether he be a he or she be a she. The 'N' word is used in a derogatory manner, however when blacks stop using it then I believe that others should stop as well.
          What is the fear of using these words and phrases? That someone will be upset and walk away with hurt feelings, or that someone will take out a shot-gun or some assualt weapon and fire upon a crowd.

Do not remove the color and creativity of people for concern of being offensive.

Comment

The Duke post is somewhat humorous but pathetically so. At least half of the words and phrases that they seem so offiensive is ridiculous. 'man up', 'throw like a girl'. Have you ever seen girls throw?? Words and phrases have color and meaning. They are descriptive. If you want to make everything bland and want to live in a robotic place where everyone acts, dresses, and talks the same then do so, but don't be upset or surprised when others want to be more colorful. What I find incredible is that those who complain about what other people say and how others express themselves, go on to express themselves in ways that I find unsuitable.....for me. Like they would say to me; 'don't look and don't express yourself', I would say to them and to you the same.
            The 'C' word is offensive and it was meant to be so with a particular purpose. It can be applied in whatever way a user wants to use it. A slut is a slut whether he be a he or she be a she. The 'N' word is used in a derogatory manner, however when blacks stop using it then I believe that others should stop as well.
            What is the fear of using these words and phrases? That someone will be upset and walk away with hurt feelings, or that someone will take out a shot-gun or some assualt weapon and fire upon a crowd.

Do not remove the color and creativity of people for concern of being offensive.
            The motives of censorship are more sinister than you give them credit for. It's not just an aesthetic. The desire to control what is said is connected to the desire to control what is thought. Liberals have become obsessed with the techniques of thought control and this is but one instantiation. Orwell gave us many other humorous examples. The USSR, North Korea and the nazis gave us the mother lode. The impulse to totalitarianism is common and "total" means total. Believe that.

Comment

Apparently they didn't teach you at your school of higher learning that tautology doesn't equal logic. I gave you substance. I gave you the Utah example which you ignored. Apparently what something is in some places is not what they are in others. You have proven that you have no clue about the relationship between words and perception. You don't understand the difference between the signifier and the signified.
              Tautology is one of the fundamental objects of logic. Not surprising that someone who tries to manipulate the definitions of words would not know that. Frankly, I'm surprised that you acknowledge the validity of tautologies. One of the afflictions of our culture's dalliance with the post-modern.

Comment

Tautology is one of the fundamental objects of logic. Not surprising that someone who tries to manipulate the definitions of words would not know that. Frankly, I'm surprised that you acknowledge the validity of tautologies. One of the afflictions of our culture's dalliance with the post-modern.
                The Duke defenders come off like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. All over the map.

Comment

The motives of censorship are more sinister than you give them credit for. It's not just an aesthetic. The desire to control what is said is connected to the desire to control what is thought. Liberals have become obsessed with the techniques of thought control and this is but one instantiation. Orwell gave us many other humorous examples. The USSR, North Korea and the nazis gave us the mother lode. The impulse to totalitarianism is common and "total" means total. Believe that.
                  Thought control?

Time to double up on the Zyprexa.

Comment

Thought control?

Time to double up on the Zyprexa.
                    Hollywood, mainstream news media, academia. Yeah, the idea that the left would want to control speech and thought is real tinfoil hat stuff, isn't it. We're really breaking new ground here.

Comment

Hollywood, mainstream news media, academia. Yeah, the idea that the left would want to control speech and thought is real tinfoil hat stuff, isn't it. We're really breaking new ground here.
                      Even this site wants to control everything said especially that which might be connstrued as anti-'nice' and 'PC'. One of the funniest responses was deleted along with several others that added to it. In fact, it was better than the original Duke post. Essentially a response to each of the 'Duke Athletes'. One difference, however, was that the deleted response wouldn't even write the 'C' word, while the Duke post really has no trouble doing so.

I ask this question: In sense of real 'liberal values' meaning open-mindedness, which group really holds this concept dear; the Democrats or the Republicans? And, which group is more main stream? The most recent vote would not support Democrats as being mainstream and the deletion of posts (as well as everything else with the current administration) would not suggest that they are open-minded or tolerant either. They are a few steps away from the control that Hitler had.....just no systematic attempt to rid the world of a people.

When the liberal left starts to hold on to their superficial ideals and allow ALL people the chance to express themselves without repercussion then the word Liberal will be restored to its true meaning. However, it has been hijacked and used to pretend to hold some values while, the left truly wants to control speech and not let it be free.....

Personally, I don't care if any of the Duke athletes (or any athlete) is a slut, dyke, douche, 'C', 'retard', or fatty, skinny, tall, short, black, yellow, green, white.....if they are the best one on the field then they get the job.

Divesity for diversity sake breeds mediocrity. Mediocrity might make more people feel better about not succeeding to a high level, but it brings the bar down and the level of play suffers. Everyone is not equal. They were not born that way and will not grow up that way. There is no need to force it. It is better to recognize it and live with it.

By the way, with regard to the Duke post, I don't recall any TS post using any of the words or phrases that they said they won't use 'anymore'. It seems to be a desire of the liberal left to argue a 'problem' or 'issue' that either is not significant or does not exist. My suggestion is to tell your kids to work harder and stop complaining.

Comment

I ask this question: In sense of real 'liberal values' meaning open-mindedness, which group really holds this concept dear; the Democrats or the Republicans? And, which group is more main stream? The most recent vote would not support Democrats as being mainstream and the deletion of posts (as well as everything else with the current administration) would not suggest that they are open-minded or tolerant either. They are a few steps away from the control that Hitler had.....just no systematic attempt to rid the world of a people.

By the way, with regard to the Duke post, I don't recall any TS post using any of the words or phrases that they said they won't use 'anymore'. It seems to be a desire of the liberal left to argue a 'problem' or 'issue' that either is not significant or does not exist. My suggestion is to tell your kids to work harder and stop complaining.
                        These two 'graphs of yours in particular display a rambling, disjointed train of thought akin to that of the recent speech by Palin that has been derided even by former supporters.

Seriously, read them a few times. Not a typo here and there or something written in haste....you could either be benefit from some help if your thought processes are indeed this loose but if thats not the reason you really have to stop modeling your comments on the incoherent ramblings of people like palin.

Seriously do you think those paragraphs are coherent? Try slowing down, formulate one coherent thought....write it down and then move on to next.

Comment

These two 'graphs of yours in particular display a rambling, disjointed train of thought akin to that of the recent speech by Palin that has been derided even by former supporters.

Seriously, read them a few times. Not a typo here and there or something written in haste....you could either be benefit from some help if your thought processes are indeed this loose but if thats not the reason you really have to stop modeling your comments on the incoherent ramblings of people like palin.

Seriously do you think those paragraphs are coherent? Try slowing down, formulate one coherent thought....write it down and then move on to next.
                          Liberals love free speech only when you agree with them. Disagree and it is labeled "hate speech". By the way, I am not the poster of the two paragraphs you called but they are perfectly coherent.

Comment

Even this site wants to control everything said especially that which might be connstrued as anti-'nice' and 'PC'. One of the funniest responses was deleted along with several others that added to it. In fact, it was better than the original Duke post. Essentially a response to each of the 'Duke Athletes'. One difference, however, was that the deleted response wouldn't even write the 'C' word, while the Duke post really has no trouble doing so.

When the liberal left starts to hold on to their superficial ideals and allow ALL people the chance to express themselves without repercussion then the word Liberal will be restored to its true meaning. However, it has been hijacked and used to pretend to hold some values while, the left truly wants to control speech and not let it be free.....

Personally, I don't care if any of the Duke athletes (or any athlete) is a slut, dyke, douche, 'C', 'retard', or fatty, skinny, tall, short, black, yellow, green, white.....if they are the best one on the field then they get the job.

Divesity for diversity sake breeds mediocrity. Mediocrity might make more people feel better about not succeeding to a high level, but it brings the bar down and the level of play suffers. Everyone is not equal. They were not born that way and will not grow up that way. There is no need to force it. It is better to recognize it and live with it.

Did they censor that hilarious 44 point reply to the Dukies? That was the funniest and most worthwhile reading on TS in the past 4 years. That really does put a cherry on the sundae. Speech and (attempted) thought control is more out of hand than I realized.

I guess you could say thanks to those Duke students for drawing the totalitarian left out of their holes to cheer them on. Now we can see what these folks are up to in the light of day. Wait, can I still say that?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I just re-read my post and find them to be coherent. Moving on, as you suggest, I would like to thank for agreeing, or not disagreeing, with my comments. If your only reply is an attempt at a grammar lesson, then I assume I got an 'A' for content.

Comment

Liberals love free speech only when you agree with them. Disagree and it is labeled "hate speech". By the way, I am not the poster of the two paragraphs you called but they are perfectly coherent.

The post was definitely coherent, but only if you either agree or are tolerant. This is where the left runs into trouble. If it is not what they want to hear then it is 'hate' or 'racism' or ...... poor grammar.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X