ECNL PDP List for New England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here we go again...and again...and again.

Comment

does anyone know if the invitations for the 2015 pdp event have come out yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        does anyone know if the invitations for the 2015 pdp event have come out yet?
        It's still a bit early I think - it's 6 weeks away

Comment

Last year the invites were out the last week of Jan. I am not aware of the invites being out yet this year. Maybe they are out or maybe they are a little late sending the emails. Given the event is supposed to be at the new Stars facility, I think ice skates may be required to participate.

Comment

Last year the invites were out the last week of Jan. I am not aware of the invites being out yet this year. Maybe they are out or maybe they are a little late sending the emails. Given the event is supposed to be at the new Stars facility, I think ice skates may be required to participate.
            I do not think they are out yet. It's not until mid March so I'd think the feilds will be fine by then.

Comment

No news yet?

Comment

No news yet?
                The list won't be posted publically until the week of the event.

Comment

No we are in agreement on the quality of that attendees of the national ID2 camp. My experience has been that the players that go to a national level camp are extremely well known by the time they are 15-16 and very very few newcomers get invited. The point I was debating was the other poster who seemed to be saying that being at this local PDP event was a stepping stone for getting to that national camp. I see these PDPs on a par with the NTC's. For sure they are an honor to get invited to but unless a player is already on the national track they are little more than that. That makes your point about the quality of the national ID2 camp superfluous because for all but a precious few it is unattainable.
                  You are 100% right. The PDP and NTC are nice to be invited, but that is about it. There is no sense that the coaches really care or have any clear method for tracking the girls at all. Last year's PDP was a joke. It has gotten worse now with the Northeast being broken into 2 groups. The talent is totally diluted to fill the spots. Definitely be proud of your daughter, but go into it for the experience of training with new girls and coaches for a few hours. Nothing more. Some college scouts could be there, but again, no big deal.

Comment

What is your purpose with this statement? Do you honestly think that this is any different than what is found at an ODP regional pool training camp? It is not. Seriously, some of you are so blinded by the club politics that you can't see things for what they are. Truth is most of the top players get identified by ODP or at the least one of the NTC's long before these PDPs come along so trying to elevate this grouping of players into something extraordinary simply because the ECNL is running the event is nothing but hype.
                    ODP? Really? ODP is irrelevant.

Comment

What is your purpose with this statement? Do you honestly think that this is any different than what is found at an ODP regional pool training camp? It is not. Seriously, some of you are so blinded by the club politics that you can't see things for what they are. Truth is most of the top players get identified by ODP or at the least one of the NTC's long before these PDPs come along so trying to elevate this grouping of players into something extraordinary simply because the ECNL is running the event is nothing but hype.
                      I wonder who wrote this on 3-24-14. Given the dozens of posters with these exact same views I suppose it could be just anyone. Trying to pinpoint this one certainly would be a fool's errand.

Comment

Yikes
                        Someone's panties are in a bunch
                        If nothing else it's a nice resume builder and a little recognition. No need to get all indignent.

Comment

I wonder who wrote this on 3-24-14. Given the dozens of posters with these exact same views I suppose it could be just anyone. Trying to pinpoint this one certainly would be a fool's errand.
                          and the obsession continues

Comment

and the obsession continues
                            Now what was it about that post the person was responding to that made you think the person was talking about BTNT?

Comment

Emails are out. If you didn't get it tonight you probably won't be going

Comment

For sure there will be lots of coaches' "favorites" (as long as the Christmas gift to the coach was generous enough) and admin's kids on the list.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X