Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Plain to see that soccer is for elite status (top 10%ers) in the US as a means to achieve status toward college. These parents don't want "blue collar" soccer players as their kid. Just the aspect of Jones' my kid is better than your kid. They don't actually have a clue about soccer on a global scale. Just who s got a bigger house, or scholarship down the street in Del Mar or Newton. (talking of boys soccer). Therefore, nepotism is the name of the game because the it's predominantly only a rich insiders game.

Unless development is free and clubs make money by "selling" their products will there be improvement in US soccer.

right now its just the rich kids like tennis
    This is why I like and support the Revs. ODP is full of rich suburban club kids that don't have what it takes to compete with real soccer player from other states .Any club associated with us club soccer is the same as ODP . Kids that can afford to pay the high price of club soccer, tournaments and travel.
    The revs will take anyone with talent.Yes they have their issues with favoritism but what business doesn't.
    Look at the rosters of the revs and the kids are coming from all over the youth soccer spectrum . So many different clubs represented from inner city kids to Western Mass burbs to the 95 belt.

A great example of this is DM who plays for PC. 5'7" Comes from a blue collar town
    " Attleboro" began his career with Explosion moved on to the Revs .

Comment

If soccer helps my kid get a better education I'm all for it. Take your hippie futbol kumbaya B.S. somewhere else because the state of soccer affairs around the globe is about the 1,000,000th priority on my life list.
      You do realize that with that attitude you'll raise a kid JUST LIKE YOU!! Enjoy the nursing home when your selfish clone realizes you're not "moving his agenda forward".

Comment

You do realize that with that attitude you'll raise a kid JUST LIKE YOU!! Enjoy the nursing home when your selfish clone realizes you're not "moving his agenda forward".
        You're a simpleton. I'm all about my kids. I'm not about soccer.

Comment

You're a simpleton. I'm all about my kids. I'm not about soccer.
          I rest my case. Hope Junior picks a nice rest home for you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1456191]

MB is up to his old tricks. He had the nerve to send his own travel level kid and 4 politically connected REVS kids to a u14 US training center last weekend in CT. It's bad enough he does this will the REVs. The question is who let this slimeball into a us training center? There were more deserving revs that should have gone.
            Shameful!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1456191]

MB is up to his old tricks. He had the nerve to send his own travel level kid and 4 politically connected REVS kids to a u14 US training center last weekend in CT. It's bad enough he does this will the REVs. The question is who let this slimeball into a us training center? There were more deserving revs that should have gone.
              In the words of one of the most influential people of our time " I say we kill him"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0VMI67a4Y

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1462261]

Shameful!
                Both Revs and Bolts have us by the balls with their academy teams and they know it.
                We can't ask for or question anything or risk being shown the door
                Or your kid getting little playing time. Shameful is one way to describe it.
                Lack of humility / arrogance is another.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1464037]

Both Revs and Bolts have us by the balls with their academy teams and they know it.
                  Having had sons in both Revs and Bolts academy teams I can tell you that we learned the hard way to keep our mouths shut and don't say anything unless asked.

It was tough; many times had to bite my lip but my kids stick it out and became better players and now play in good programs.

Comment

People need to understand that most of these coaches graduated from low to middle tier colleges (some barely). Sophistication and people skills are not their strong points.

Then add to it that they are paid relatively low salaries in jobs they could easily lose. So egos are tense and fragile.

Just be thankful your sons getting decent coaching and competition.

Comment

People need to understand that most of these coaches graduated from low to middle tier colleges (some barely). Sophistication and people skills are not their strong points.

Then add to it that they are paid relatively low salaries in jobs they could easily lose. So egos are tense and fragile.

Just be thankful your sons getting decent coaching and competition.

Offspring of sophisticated people do not make the Revs. Those kids go play D3 somewhere and are better off at GPS or NEFC.

Interesting to see were most of the U14 Academy team live - Providence, Pawtucket, Framingham, Mansfield Watertown, East Hartford, Ashland, Somerville, North Atteboro , Cranston , Nashua etc. I don't think the parents of these kids are complaining much

3 or 4 kids from wealthy towns . I am sure these parents have a lot to say !!

Comment

Anyone know anything about the Revs U18 kid with a dad that's an assistant to Jay Heaps? Is he any good or just another Scales, Burns, nepotism baby?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1464037]

Nice try Bolts dad. Do not for one minute compare the Bolts DAP teams to the Revolution academy teams. Bolts is a pay to play racket just like ECNL is for girls. Bolts do not end up with the top tier boys in the area. They just don't.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1477974]

Nice try Bolts dad. Do not for one minute compare the Bolts DAP teams to the Revolution academy teams. Bolts is a pay to play racket just like ECNL is for girls. Bolts do not end up with the top tier boys in the area. They just don't.
                            Actually they do have their share. Take a look at the recruit rankings for 2015.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1477974]

When there is corruption and incompetence on both sides (different levels), top players get spread out between both teams. If their parents can afford it, why not Bolts especially if the driving is easier? If the revs were amazing, they would sacrifice the drive and go there (but that is not the case). Coaching is similar. It's true that Bolts teams are more watered down than the revs teams (speaks to the corruption) but speaking for the U14 DAP teams only, the top 6-8 players in the Bolts U14 could easily be in the top 6-8 at the Revs U14 DAP. BTW, some of the top Bolts U14 players just played some of the top U15 club teams (their A teams) in Holland and Germany- they won 4 of 5 games easily (all shutouts with 2 or more goals scored).

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1479080]

When there is corruption and incompetence on both sides (different levels), top players get spread out between both teams. If their parents can afford it, why not Bolts especially if the driving is easier? If the revs were amazing, they would sacrifice the drive and go there (but that is not the case). Coaching is similar. It's true that Bolts teams are more watered down than the revs teams (speaks to the corruption) but speaking for the U14 DAP teams only, the top 6-8 players in the Bolts U14 could easily be in the top 6-8 at the Revs U14 DAP. BTW, some of the top Bolts U14 players just played some of the top U15 club teams (their A teams) in Holland and Germany- they won 4 of 5 games easily (all shutouts with 2 or more goals scored).
                                No Bolts players would make the Revs teams, or they would be presently on them. No doubt about it. Funny stuff. Write your check to BA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X