Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just wait until your children get to high school and the other high schools in BAYS division beat the crap out of your team because they all played club soccer at the highest level and your kids played in low levels of MAPLE. The high school coaches must love this thought process of town clubs. Wake up, it might be good for the average players but push the top players onto better club teams. These town coaches have the biggest egos and think they are helping these kids but in reality you are only hurting them in the long run. Love to see how strong Braintree is in 3 to 4 years.
    The starting 11 will have played together, as a team, for 5+ years. There are Braintree kids at big clubs as well. They'll round out the roster. The really good players from the top club teams will go DAP, so your special little players won't be much help to their high schools.

When it comes to high school boot ball I think the Braintree kids will be particularly well situated. Their parents will have money in the bank for college too.

Comment

The starting 11 will have played together, as a team, for 5+ years. There are Braintree kids at big clubs as well. They'll round out the roster. The really good players from the top club teams will go DAP, so your special little players won't be much help to their high schools.

When it comes to high school boot ball I think the Braintree kids will be particularly well situated. Their parents will have money in the bank for college too.
      So your argument is that Braintree will be well situated to play "boot ball" (HS soccer) because they won't have to play against the best club players (because they are playing DAP). In addition the Braintree kids will have been trained poorly so they are better suited for HS soccer? Sign me up!

Comment

So your argument is that Braintree will be well situated to play "boot ball" (HS soccer) because they won't have to play against the best club players (because they are playing DAP). In addition the Braintree kids will have been trained poorly so they are better suited for HS soccer? Sign me up!
        What I'm saying is that the most advanced level of soccer 90% of the players out there can hope to compete at is high school soccer. That goes for players at large clubs, mom & pops, or town organizations. The Braintree players being together for such a long time is a benefit.

Make all the elitist comments you like. Even if your kid is a top 100 player in MA, he/she will be lucky to play 4 more years of soccer than my townie child. If my child finishes up at 18, yours will be done after college. You sure are making a lot of noise for a person whose child has no real future in the sport.

Comment

What I'm saying is that the most advanced level of soccer 90% of the players out there can hope to compete at is high school soccer. That goes for players at large clubs, mom & pops, or town organizations. The Braintree players being together for such a long time is a benefit.

Make all the elitist comments you like. Even if your kid is a top 100 player in MA, he/she will be lucky to play 4 more years of soccer than my townie child. If my child finishes up at 18, yours will be done after college. You sure are making a lot of noise for a person whose child has no real future in the sport.
          My kid's "future" in the sport of soccer will include a bunch of memories of bonding with teammates, striving to succeed at the highest level that their team can play at, some travel to other states to play other teams, perhaps some national camp experiences, some high school successes and disappointments, most likely some college successes and disappointments. My kid will learn a lot from all this (both good and bad), especially from the effort and commitment that all this will take. 15-20 years from now, I expect that these experiences will be looked back on with pride, appreciation, and fondness.

That's what I expect the future to hold for my kid, and I'm not being wildly optimistic. If you can say the same for your kid, then that's great.

Comment

My kid's "future" in the sport of soccer will include a bunch of memories of bonding with teammates, striving to succeed at the highest level that their team can play at, some travel to other states to play other teams, perhaps some national camp experiences, some high school successes and disappointments, most likely some college successes and disappointments. My kid will learn a lot from all this (both good and bad), especially from the effort and commitment that all this will take. 15-20 years from now, I expect that these experiences will be looked back on with pride, appreciation, and fondness.

That's what I expect the future to hold for my kid, and I'm not being wildly optimistic. If you can say the same for your kid, then that's great.
            Then why are we reading posts about how this team is amazing because they haven't lost in a year in D3 maple. Sounds like a parent on the team looks at the win/loss record, not for development. I assume this team will compete in state cup, unless of course they want to keep that win streak alive

Comment

My kid wants those extra 4 years and, in my opinion, his chances are better playing at a "large" club. If your kid doesn't want to play past high school, you have made the right choice. How many college showcase tournaments will Commonwealth FC play in/have a chance to win?

Comment

Braintree is a baseball town. They aren't any good at soccer. They obviously can't make the baseball team either. These kids have 4 hard years of losing soccer games in high school ahead of them.
                Off topic but aside from their dwindling soccer talent Braintree has a talented freshman and varsity baseball team I think that baseball is probably their only strong suit at the moment.

Comment

This thread is a monumental waste of space. Commonwealth F.C. is for people too cheap to play club soccer. It's The Dollar Store F.C.

Comment

This thread is a monumental waste of space. Commonwealth F.C. is for people too cheap to play club soccer. It's The Dollar Store F.C.
                    Hahahhahhaa

Comment

This team is one of the best stories around. Their high school team will be world beaters.

Comment

This team is one of the best stories around. Their high school team will be world beaters.
                        Couldn't handle the action on the Galway site, huh?

Comment

This thread is a joke. Commonwealth FC is a team nobody heard of for a reason - they haven't won squat. Within 18 months this team will fall apart because the good players will leave to play on a club team of some significance.
                          It's been 18 months and no one has left and if they win their next game they are in division 1.

Comment

It's been 18 months and no one has left and if they win their next game they are in division 1.
                            But it's MAPLES and some of their kids could be in Juvie by September.

Comment

But it's MAPLES and some of their kids could be in Juvie by September.
                              There has been inquiries from players on almost all the top teams in NEP and maple for next season after seeing the team spirit, soccer, results and enjoyment the boys go through compared to most clubs

Comment

Cheap program, awful fathers coaching and even more clueless parents. What a disgrace to soccer in general! Stick to town and rec and leave the the big boy stuff to the real clubs, not the club started by a pretender of a coach you absolute joker :)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X