Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is the team bringing all 12+ players that they carried on the roster for the Regionals?
    How do you know many kids were on another team's roster?

Comment

How do you know many kids were on another team's roster?
      Correction, my bad (I saw some games, not a roster)...

Is the team planning on bringing all of those 12+ kids that played for them during the regionals?

Comment

They lost in finals last year by a goal and added four outstanding players.
        Yeah DL and his twins. The Valeo U12 team was in fact one of the best teams at regionals. We did not have a chance. Who are the other two? Newton United kids?

Comment

Why should we bother? I'll just wait for your report in a few weeks. I'll help you out with a template:

Outcome A: We won. We are the best futsal team in the country. Nobody can challenge us. We should have played U13 for a challenge.

Outcome B: We didn't win, and got totally screwed by the _______ (terrible referees, condition of the courts, travel fatigue, player(s) that were sick/hurt).

Outcome C: We didn't win, but we don't care because futsal isn't soccer.
          And you will surely be the first to congratulate this team no matter how they do. Look on the bright side, you losers get to whine incessantly for another three weeks about Valeo in the dead of winter. :)

Comment

And you will surely be the first to congratulate this team no matter how they do. Look on the bright side, you losers get to whine incessantly for another three weeks about Valeo in the dead of winter. :)
            And there I was just trying to be helpful. (I love the turnaround time for any V U12 responses, it's almost immediate... way better than a turn-based game on my phone.)

My kid qualified, and the team isn't going to KC.

Comment

And there I was just trying to be helpful. (I love the turnaround time for any V U12 responses, it's almost immediate... way better than a turn-based game on my phone.)

My kid qualified, and the team isn't going to KC.
              Oh well, we will have fun without you!

Comment

Oh well, we will have fun without you!
                Not as much, though.

Comment

Not as much, though.
                  Sounds like you are all set for fun with your. "Turn based games" on your phone. Good luck! :)

Comment

Yeah DL and his twins. The Valeo U12 team was in fact one of the best teams at regionals. We did not have a chance. Who are the other two? Newton United kids?
                    No, GPS had not a prayer, but you cried anyway.

Comment

Easy to explain. This tourney is open to anyone willing to spend the $$ to go to Kansas City in February. Look at the line up--a bunch of teams from KC and ohio too. They can't all have been regional finalists.
                      Supposed to allow anyone paying $ to enter after champs/finalists neg cutoff date. Futsal and soccer in the US are a money making enterprise. Still need to fill the hours of free time and all the money the 1% make. Too bad it doesn't make for the best athletes in the sport.[/QUOTE]

Don't be a hater. It has to start somewhere. It doesn't just become huge over night. I applaud US Youth Futsal for making it as recognized as it has become in such a short time.
                      If we all sit around complaining, we'll never have any nationally recognized futsal tournaments. So instead of slowing it down by complaing, speed it up by spreading the word about the positives of the tournament.

Comment

Supposed to allow anyone paying $ to enter after champs/finalists neg cutoff date. Futsal and soccer in the US are a money making enterprise. Still need to fill the hours of free time and all the money the 1% make. Too bad it doesn't make for the best athletes in the sport.

Don't be a hater. It has to start somewhere. It doesn't just become huge over night. I applaud US Youth Futsal for making it as recognized as it has become in such a short time.
                        If we all sit around complaining, we'll never have any nationally recognized futsal tournaments. So instead of slowing it down by complaing, speed it up by spreading the word about the positives of the tournament.[/QUOTE]

can't force it. If futsal is not ready, hyping it will only create more disillusionment (when people find out how lame the tournament is). The tournament is Kansas is NOT any where near a National type championship. Promoting it falsely only serves to hurt futsal not improve it.

Comment

can't force it. If futsal is not ready, hyping it will only create more disillusionment (when people find out how lame the tournament is). The tournament is Kansas is NOT any where near a National type championship. Promoting it falsely only serves to hurt futsal not improve it.

Comment

It's getting there. Our age group has teams from all over the country. Are they good? I would hope so considering the distance that these teams are traveling to KS in the middle of winter. Who would consider getting on a plane with a weak team to go anywhere? The local teams are probably the weakest-

Comment

Some regions seem well represented across age groups. Others are very heavy with locals. I wonder if anything would change for the champions/finalists from other regions if the competition was held more at a destination vs. "headquarters"? What if prior year's champions and finalists received automatic bids to next year's tournament, allowing them to make plans (and score much cheaper tickets) earlier in the process? Of the regionals, Northeast was held last; other held as early as Christmas vacation week.

Comment

Some regions seem well represented across age groups. Others are very heavy with locals. I wonder if anything would change for the champions/finalists from other regions if the competition was held more at a destination vs. "headquarters"? What if prior year's champions and finalists received automatic bids to next year's tournament, allowing them to make plans (and score much cheaper tickets) earlier in the process? Of the regionals, Northeast was held last; other held as early as Christmas vacation week.
                                Yeah good idea!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X