Boys ecnl showcase

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Premier FC goes undefeated on Day 3. What a weekend for FPFC against top competition.

Comment

My overall take on tournament. Fields at sylvan lake were really good. Fields at seminole were better than usual but still had some ditches and muddy spots in front of goals. Referees were top notch, thank you for that. Quality of competition frim what i saw was not as good as what i would have expected. From what i gather from talking to parents from multiple teams , the florida teams at large were in the middle of high school season and haven't practiced as a team since October. Other states haven't been allowed to practice or play due to covid restrictions and for some was the first times their teams have played together. Lastly , some teams had next to zero subs due to injuries or quarantine. The amount of college coaches attending in person was extremely liw in comparison to what i have seen in pre covid showcases. Who knows if and who watched via livestream but i thought the livestreaming as someone else had mentioned wasn't good.

Parent and player behavior. My perception was very positive. It seemed most understood it was a showcase and weren't as concerned of scores or winning vs losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        My overall take on tournament. Fields at sylvan lake were really good. Fields at seminole were better than usual but still had some ditches and muddy spots in front of goals. Referees were top notch, thank you for that. Quality of competition frim what i saw was not as good as what i would have expected. From what i gather from talking to parents from multiple teams , the florida teams at large were in the middle of high school season and haven't practiced as a team since October. Other states haven't been allowed to practice or play due to covid restrictions and for some was the first times their teams have played together. Lastly , some teams had next to zero subs due to injuries or quarantine. The amount of college coaches attending in person was extremely liw in comparison to what i have seen in pre covid showcases. Who knows if and who watched via livestream but i thought the livestreaming as someone else had mentioned wasn't good.

Parent and player behavior. My perception was very positive. It seemed most understood it was a showcase and weren't as concerned of scores or winning vs losing.
        The live stream was frustrating, but at least I got to watch some of it. Overall from what I saw online, the fields looked decent.

Comment

Florida Premier FC goes undefeated on Day 3. What a weekend for FPFC against top competition.
          So did TBU, just with losses.

Comment

I call bs the u18/u19 parents didn't say a word on sidelines. The DOC. Was watching their games and would not have tolerated it.
            He actually did have to walk over and talk to a group of parents on the sideline. I seen it

Comment

He actually did have to walk over and talk to a group of parents on the sideline. I seen it
              Then i guess it may be true. DOC. Sent out an email before event giving a very strict warning . He will have zero tolerance of anyone that puts the club in a bad light

Comment

Then i guess it may be true. DOC. Sent out an email before event giving a very strict warning . He will have zero tolerance of anyone that puts the club in a bad light

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X