Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Girls 2008 Thread

Stay off the 2007 thread with your 2008 nonsense.

Scorpions 2008 ECNL 1- NEFC GA 2008 1

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Scorpions 2008 ECNL 1- NEFC GA 2008 1
      This game was surprising. My daughter is on the NEFC GA team and they played this Scorpions team last fall to the tune of something like 6-0 or 8-0. Scorpions looked like an entirely different team last night. Definitely a different keeper.

Comment

Stars Blue

A mediocre Stars Blue team beat SSS 2-0 and NEFC 3-0. Lots of good players on all the teams including Surf. No complete teams at this age group. Maybe more consolidation of talent next year?

Comment

See the 2006 & 2007 landscape. Girls will gravitate to Scorpions & Stars at U14 & U15.

Comment

No complete teams at this age group. Maybe more consolidation of talent next year?
            I think this is right. It will be interesting to see what movement we see going forward. I suspect we would have seen more for this year absent covid. The jump from 9v9 to 11v11 is typically a big movement year but players weren't able to attend practices/tryouts last spring.

Comment

This game was surprising. My daughter is on the NEFC GA team and they played this Scorpions team last fall to the tune of something like 6-0 or 8-0. Scorpions looked like an entirely different team last night. Definitely a different keeper.
              Coaching + Recruiting has led to massive improvements.

Comment

Coaching + Recruiting has led to massive improvements.
                Can't speak to coaching but I was told that there are only 5-6 holdovers from last fall's 2008 Scorpions ECNL National. 12 new girls this year.

Comment

Yah i was told that scorpions picked up the old SSS goalie who was dominant for them in U-11 and U-12. Good pick up for them.

Comment

Yah i was told that scorpions picked up the old SSS goalie who was dominant for them in U-11 and U-12. Good pick up for them.
                    All true. Coaching is excellent. Brand new team but have improved dramatically since the start of the fall.

Comment

Scorpions also picked up the keeper from NEFC SS. The two split time but the former NEFC SS keeper played the entire game last night against NEFC GA.

Comment

Hopefully she is more committed than she was when she was at SSS. Tough never knowing when your keeper is going to show up for games and tournaments.

Comment

Try having some class and don’t talk about an individual kid. I know that must be hard to comprehend.

Comment

Try having some class and don’t talk about an individual kid. I know that must be hard to comprehend.
                            What did you expect from someone affiliated with Select? This is the club that asks its players to publicly identify the weakest players on their team - at U10 and U11.

Comment

Got all the way to page 2 before a classless SSS parent weighs in.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X