Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CIAC will pause all fall sports activities until Aug 24

CIAC will pause all fall sports activities until Aug 24 for further evaluation by Department of Health

Positive kid cases on the rise.

Comment

It's all about football, and to a lesser extent indoor volleyball. There are multiple blowhards in our town screaming about football possibly ruining going back to school. Then we have the football blowhards screaming about it being low risk.
      Having top college conferences pull out isn't a good look (yes I know it's not the same as HS but the average Joe blowhard can't handle complex concepts). And look, football is much more contact. Personally I think CIAC is too afraid to pause football and let other sports go ahead. Spineless jellyfish. Whatever it is I wish they would make a decision and stick to it

Comment

Just postpone football

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Just postpone football
          I think that was the decision a few days ago, then football was back on again. No doubt football supporters cried for justice

Comment

I think that was the decision a few days ago, then football was back on again. No doubt football supporters cried for justice
            I get it but CT is full of wussy. No one has the balls to move forward.
            I think virus is basically done here so significant spread is not likely.

Comment

I get it but CT is full of wussy. No one has the balls to move forward.
              I think virus is basically done here so significant spread is not likely.
              Yeh ok fool, other countries and states thought the same and now they are surging and locking down again. You are a dumfuk for sure

Comment

Yeh ok fool, other countries and states thought the same and now they are surging and locking down again. You are a dumfuk for sure
                Like who?
                Florida?
                They did not lockdown again. Closed bars but that was about it. Gyms are open in FL
                Gyms are still not open in NJ FL kept much more open and has done well.
                CT unemployment is 15%
                FL unemployment is 8%
                CT deaths per million 1249
                FL deaths per million 426

Virus is seasonal. States & countries below the 30th latitude (sub-tropical) had different virus timing & growth then those north of the 30th. Just look at Latin America or South America. When it’s your turn you get it. No policy’s change that.
                Virus is going to virus
                When a community get to 15-20% it burns out. That is what happened here. No policies can stop that.

Comment

Georgia, Florida, SC, Alabama, Texas, Oklahoma and other states are moving forward with fall sports including football. Teams are already practicing in full pads and 1st game is next weekend. The OP was correct. CT is a bunch a liberal wussies that have an agenda. There are no surges in cases here!

Comment

Wait until Kamala Harris takes over as president midterm. You will wish this this was what made you frustrated! When this state has Murphy and Blumenthal as their senators, did you really expect anything less of wussville chaos?

Comment

Actually 9 of the 10 Football committee members voted to move it to Spring, yet the CIAC decided to proceed as is with the fall. The football committee wanted to move it to spring so that they would more likely get a real, full season.

There’s no reason that football and volleyball can’t be moved but the other sports kept in the fall. It actually makes too much sense! I believe the DOH even suggested this scenario.

The constant flip flopping and no leadership is what’s creating so much anger. Just make a decision and stick by it, someone. There’s no surge in cases here, no new data that suggests it’s dangerous to move forward. The kids deserve to have an answer.

Comment

It’s absolutely preposterous CIAC did not meet with the dept of health before making their first decision.

Comment

Actually 9 of the 10 Football committee members voted to move it to Spring, yet the CIAC decided to proceed as is with the fall. The football committee wanted to move it to spring so that they would more likely get a real, full season.

There’s no reason that football and volleyball can’t be moved but the other sports kept in the fall. It actually makes too much sense! I believe the DOH even suggested this scenario.

The constant flip flopping and no leadership is what’s creating so much anger. Just make a decision and stick by it, someone. There’s no surge in cases here, no new data that suggests it’s dangerous to move forward. The kids deserve to have an answer.
                          Exactly

Comment

ciac

Football wasn't happy about a short season with no state touney. So they complained and played the safety card. The result is now likely no fall sports at all. There is no way the ciac is going to kill spring sports again just to cater to the football egos.

The soccer kids have been playing games and training the entire summer without any issues at all. Numbers have dropped over the summer in CT with almost everything open. School is going to be a risk but the sports piece doesn't add to that risk. This is nothing but political nonsense.

Just horrible for the kids that put years into their sport and will lose their senior season.

Comment

Football wasn't happy about a short season with no state touney. So they complained and played the safety card. The result is now likely no fall sports at all. There is no way the ciac is going to kill spring sports again just to cater to the football egos.

The soccer kids have been playing games and training the entire summer without any issues at all. Numbers have dropped over the summer in CT with almost everything open. School is going to be a risk but the sports piece doesn't add to that risk. This is nothing but political nonsense.

Just horrible for the kids that put years into their sport and will lose their senior season.
                              Screw football. They can still get a season in the spring. As it is the soccer season is also very short and won't have playoffs (no way they happen). Besides the much lower risk with soccer, too many soccer players have club in the spring. Football doesn't have that problem.

Does anyone have email addresses for committe members? Players and families should flood them with sound, rational emails.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X