Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'd say so. He would have had a heart attack if he knew all that was said after.
    What was said? I couldn't make the meeting and no one seems to be talking. Did he even speak?

Comment

What was said? I couldn't make the meeting and no one seems to be talking. Did he even speak?
      Fees will go up, BK will get a salary increase, new uniforms BUT nothing about players development.

Comment

Fees will go up, BK will get a salary increase, new uniforms BUT nothing about players development.
        Please tell me you're joking about a pay increase!!! I guess it's time to look for another club 'cuz I can't take another year of this craziness.

Comment

I want to say Thank You for all the annoying posts on these threads. I think I've finally broken my interest of these boards! I didn't think I'd appreciate these posts until now.

Comment

Please tell me you're joking about a pay increase!!! I guess it's time to look for another club 'cuz I can't take another year of this craziness.
            The fees go up any more, you might as well go to HCU. At least you get what you are paying for.

Comment

Palm Harbor and East Lake had teams in the State Cup Final Four.

Not one team from HCU. HCU and Clearwater don't develope players they just recruit.

Comment

Not one team from HCU. HCU and Clearwater don't develope players they just recruit.
                I wouldn't be talking to much about not developing players because the teams that were in the final four for PH and EL are made up of players from different clubs. (BP from C-side and DV from different clubs) So both of these clubs recruit just as much as any other club.

Comment

Recruit? The PH U16 girls team was from GCU via Countryside. The EL U14G team was from PH and West Pasco. What is development and what is recruiting?

Look at the U11G and U12G. Oldsmar dominates PH and EL.

All clubs recruit, some just more overtly than others. The more accurate discription of the big clubs is that they consolidate players from the smaller clubs.

If PH and EL merge (imo you still need to add Oldsmar and Tarpon) you would definately have the numbers. You would then just need to develop your reputation not just at select age groups but across all ages. This is where you currently come up short versus CLW, HCU and RSL.

Comment

Talk about recruiting...wait until word gets out on the new U15 team. Someone should ask to see a roster on that one!

Comment

Rapids Program is load of crap!

My wife and I looked at the rapids proposal last night in the website and decided it is a load of crap. Our DAUGHTERS will never play for the Rapids no matter how good they are. A monthly conference call and some forms are a load of crap too. This is a sad attempt to get us to pay for their marketing in Florida, get their staff a boondoggle trip down here occasionally, and cover the DOC for not initiating any program of his own in a year.

The MLS initiative driving this is described below. We are not in the "home territory" for the Rapids. Do you think someone with a personal agenda is driving this? We do. We are not paying extra and participating in the death of a club we have loved for years so that greedy, ambitious, faux soccer pros can hobnob with a club thousands of miles away on our tab.

The coaching staff and community relationship Palm Harbor had with the Nighthawks was good enough until the new DOC arrived. How is it that the opinion of this charlatan is more important than the families that form the membership.

W11/10/2006 10:53AM
                      MLS launches Youth Development Initiative
                      Major League Soccer Communications

NEW YORK -- Today Major League Soccer charts new territory among major professional sports leagues in the United States by launching a youth development initiative that allows teams to acquire, outside of the annual draft, top young players from their respective local areas. Ultimately, this initiative will enhance the quality of young players entering the League and allow more of them to represent their hometown teams.

Nov. 10 headlines -- MLS
                      • MLS address highlights changes
                      • Dynamo, Revs seek an advantage
                      • Ching's bicycle wins Goal of the Year
                      • Ironmen back Revs, Dynamo
                      • MLS launches Development Initiative
                      • United's Gomez named Honda MVP

HOUSTON DYNAMO
                      • De Rosario powers Dynamo's drive
                      • Kinnear relishes spot on hot seat
                      • Dalglish happy in Houston

NEW ENGLAND REVOLUTION
                      • Decisions loom for Revs' Dempsey
                      • Unsung players give Revs a boost
                      • Joseph puts '05 Cup behind him
                      • Notebook: Training in Texas

COLUMNISTS
                      • Davis: Steady influence buoys clubs
                      • Connolly: Dynamo lean on S.J. roots
                      • Lewis: Third could be Revs' charm

VIDEO
                      Houston arrives: 350K
                      State of the League: 350K
                      Goal of the Year: 350K

MLS RADIO
                      Nov. 10 show archive: Listen
                      FCD GM Michael Hitchcock: Listen
                      BBC's Richard Flemming: Listen
                      L.A.'s Landon Donovan: Listen
                      Chicago's Chris Armas: Listen
                      ESPN's Eric Wynalda: Listen
                      Nov. 9 show archive: Listen

GEAR
                      • Order MLS Cup products

AUCTION
                      • Bid on MLS items

MLS is requiring each of its teams next season to establish a youth amateur program, separate from the pro club. These youth teams will give talented young players with professional aspirations an excellent opportunity to pursue their dreams, stay close to home, and continue their education. Players registered for at least 24 months in an MLS youth program become eligible to sign a professional contract with that team without entering the MLS SuperDraft.

"The launch of youth development teams for MLS clubs is a major step forward for professional player development in the United States," said MLS Deputy Commissioner Ivan Gazidis. "MLS clubs will be able to invest resources in scouting and developing talented young players who will ultimately have the opportunity to graduate directly onto the first team roster. Those clubs which develop the best programs will reap the rewards on their senior roster. This new focus on youth development at the local level will provide tremendous additional opportunities for the best young American players and will better connect our clubs to their communities."

During the next few years, MLS clubs will create teams in up to six age groups. Players on these teams will wear the club's colors and train under the team's coaching staff. Players on MLS youth teams may be able to compete with other youth club teams at various times during the year. MLS youth programs will not jeopardize a player's NCAA eligibility.

Teams with existing youth programs that meet the established criteria may begin registering players to their Home Grown Player List this season. Therefore, the first "graduates" of these programs could move directly onto MLS rosters as early as 2008. Through 2010, teams will be permitted to sign up to two players from its Home Grown Player List per year.

The MLS youth programs will meet a number of standards, including:

The program will be based in the team's "Home Territory" approved by the MLS Board of Governors.

Each team will be allowed one team of up to 18 players in each of the following age groups on its Home Grown Player List:

Under-25
                      U20
                      U18
                      U16
                      U15
                      U14

Clubs will hire at least one coach for each age group. Players on these teams will be registered on the team's Home-Grown Player List. A minimum number of training and game days per year has been set for each age group.

All players must reside in a team's "Home Territory" for at least one year prior to being added to the team's Home Grown Player List. Players must be added to an MLS team's Home Grown Player List prior to entering a four-year college, but can maintain their Home Grown Player status during college if registered before entering that institution. Similarly, members of the U17, U20, and U23 U.S. National Teams cannot be added to an MLS team's Home Grown Player List, but a player already on a Home Grown Player List can maintain that status if selected for a U.S. National team at a later date.

Major League Soccer has already established player development programs unique among U.S. professional team sports with its Reserve Division, which recently completed its second season, and Generation adidas, which provides scholarships for select players. This new initiative complements those existing programs and reemphasizes Major League Soccer's ongoing commitment to player development and lasting connections to its teams' communities.

Comment

Talk about recruiting...wait until word gets out on the new U15 team. Someone should ask to see a roster on that one!
                        ????????????

Comment

BK Says His Prayers

Now I lay me down to sleep,
                          I pray the MLS to keep,
                          My resume on their brain,
                          While I flush PH down the drain.
                          And if they scout one from these clubs,
                          I want the credit, 'less he scrubs.
                          Amen

Comment

????????????
                            who's new U15 team?

Comment

I wouldn't be talking to much about not developing players because the teams that were in the final four for PH and EL are made up of players from different clubs. (BP from C-side and DV from different clubs) So both of these clubs recruit just as much as any other club.
                              How did PH recruit? BP came to the club and his team followed him. He developed that team. He trained them and he is a PH coach.

Comment

How did PH recruit? BP came to the club and his team followed him. He developed that team. He trained them and he is a PH coach.
                                Yes, and they will follow him to wherever he goes next.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X