Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tarsa

I'm wondering if anyone on here has a child that plays TARSA and what you think of the program? Also, it seems like the TARSA schedule runs at the same time as High School soccer - how have you handled the conflict, or can you really only do 1 or the other?

Thank you.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone on here has a child that plays TARSA and what you think of the program? Also, it seems like the TARSA schedule runs at the same time as High School soccer - how have you handled the conflict, or can you really only do 1 or the other?

Thank you.
    If you are playing in TARSA during your HS years, you will most likely NOT make the HS team unless your HS team sucks.

Comment

TARSA seems like a great idea. Inter-club recreational soccer - doesn't seem well organized nor run. They don't do a good job running this program at all nor advertising it to the parents / volunteers that could submit teams into the league from the recreational pool of players - or at least they don't seem to update much on the site. tarsasoccer.com is currently down as well. I don't know the inner workings on the league - but it seems like an after thought. It could be such a cool experience for rec kids as well - missed opportunity for Tampa Bay area.

Comment

If you are playing in TARSA during your HS years, you will most likely NOT make the HS team unless your HS team sucks.
        Actually, my son has been playing competitively and on the high school team for a few years, but as the classes get harder and work load gets larger, along with needing to find a job to pay for school, car, social life, etc..., competitive is probably not going to fit into the schedule going forward. However since my kid loves soccer, I'm trying to find a way to continue playing besides just in HS.

Also my other son who is younger is not quite ready for the rigors of competitive, but isn't really getting anything from being on just a plain rec team any longer, changing players and coaches every spring and fall. So thinking TARSA could work for him as a gateway.

Comment

TARSA is a league not a team. The club you play for must submit their rec teams to TARSA - I'm guessing your kid would have to be a part of a rec team and have the coach submit the team to TARSA.

Rec soccer is a cruel joke paid for by parents - and its a big money maker and by far one of the worst things about soccer development in the US. Kids don't get better, parents shell out money, and winning is determined by what team has the most physically developed kids. Not only that but you have "coaches" screaming at the kids and parents screaming at the kids ... no wonder the kids leave soccer at age 12 for other sports as soon as they can if they played rec. Its truly a terrible experience.

Stay away from rec soccer - as far away as possible. Clubs would serve the parents and kids better if they just called it free play - and would allow the kids to just come in on two or three days a week and just "free play" - simulate street soccer by charging for the facilities and coordinating a time for the age groups time. Have a coordinator/volunteer (not coach) that just makes even teams as kids show up and get them running and playing. Clubs would be better served to just charge a monthly or quarterly charge and the kids can come in on their age group days/times and just kick the ball around for the FUN of it.

Comment

We are the great GTBFC

TARSA is a league not a team. The club you play for must submit their rec teams to TARSA - I'm guessing your kid would have to be a part of a rec team and have the coach submit the team to TARSA.

Rec soccer is a cruel joke paid for by parents - and its a big money maker and by far one of the worst things about soccer development in the US. Kids don't get better, parents shell out money, and winning is determined by what team has the most physically developed kids. Not only that but you have "coaches" screaming at the kids and parents screaming at the kids ... no wonder the kids leave soccer at age 12 for other sports as soon as they can if they played rec. Its truly a terrible experience.

Stay away from rec soccer - as far away as possible. Clubs would serve the parents and kids better if they just called it free play - and would allow the kids to just come in on two or three days a week and just "free play" - simulate street soccer by charging for the facilities and coordinating a time for the age groups time. Have a coordinator/volunteer (not coach) that just makes even teams as kids show up and get them running and playing. Clubs would be better served to just charge a monthly or quarterly charge and the kids can come in on their age group days/times and just kick the ball around for the FUN of it.
            Come to our new and improved rec club http://www.greatertampabayfc.com/Def...x?tabid=260475 we have experience with competitive soccer but taking a step down this year to focus on our rec program. We have developed competitive players in the past but going through a little mishap right now but will be back to our great club again soon. We are the only rec club in the state that has and Executive Director and a DOC so you are in good hands with us. Check us out and you won't regret it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X