Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama ODP Camp

If your 13 y/o daughter isn't in a big club like ECNL, Armada, DA or any others I don't know of due to non available in the area would you recommend that she attends the region III Alabama camp? Or is it not even worth it? I just don't know what to believe because everyone isn't on the same sheet of music here...
    Yes
    69.70%
    No
    30.30%

The poll is expired.

My daughter has gone for the last 3 years and has loved it. It's a great experience and sometimes the training is good.

If you are in an area that does not have elite teams this would be a good way for her to be seen in the next level. Also the key is to get her to the region III pool. Those camp are even better.

The opportunity of meeting like minded girls from other states is great. My daughter still keeps in touch with other players from them.

I know ppl talk about politics and it surely is there, but at your daughters age she will just have fun.

Comment

Odp

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My daughter has gone for the last 3 years and has loved it. It's a great experience and sometimes the training is good.

If you are in an area that does not have elite teams this would be a good way for her to be seen in the next level. Also the key is to get her to the region III pool. Those camp are even better.

The opportunity of meeting like minded girls from other states is great. My daughter still keeps in touch with other players from them.

I know ppl talk about politics and it surely is there, but at your daughters age she will just have fun.
      I suppose politics are everywhere sadly enough. Is it coach/parents, coach/coach, coach clubs politics? During all the pool training I didn't see anything really odd happening. However, I don't know much about soccer so..

Glad to hear the camp will be a positive event I am excited for her now. I know the email said what to bring and whatnot but could you recommend anything extra based off your experience?

Comment

My daughter, an 02', went last year and loved it. Good competition, great experience. Tore her ACL in November so this year is a no go, otherwise she'd be going back.

Comment

If your 13 y/o daughter isn't in a big club like ECNL, Armada, DA or any others I don't know of due to non available in the area would you recommend that she attends the region III Alabama camp? Or is it not even worth it? I just don't know what to believe because everyone isn't on the same sheet of music here...
          My daughter went last year and enjoyed it and it opened the door to the Region III team and Thanksgiving event against other regions. Regardless, the camp alone was very enjoyable for her and she will be going again.

Comment

Glad to hear the camp will be a positive event I am excited for her now. I know the email said what to bring and whatnot but could you recommend anything extra based off your experience?[/QUOTE]

A sleeping bag versus sheets and a comforter.

Comment

Glad to hear the camp will be a positive event I am excited for her now. I know the email said what to bring and whatnot but could you recommend anything extra based off your experience?
              A sleeping bag versus sheets and a comforter.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, we bought my daughter a cheapo twin bed in a bag and use it every year and shove it all back in the original bag an stow away for all sleepover camps.

Comment

Why would you care about the Opinions on Talking soccer? Let her decide. Can't hurt right?

Comment

My daughter went last year and enjoyed it and it opened the door to the Region III team and Thanksgiving event against other regions. Regardless, the camp alone was very enjoyable for her and she will be going again.
                  Congrats to all that have been selected

Comment

My daughter has done ODP for 4 years and has been in ECNL for 3 years.

Comment

Your daughter should not. They only take three u13 teams to Alabama. Make way for a regular player at a small club without ECNL or DA. At U14, ODP takes two teams to Alabama. The math says with 6 ECNL clubs, there will be over 120 U14 girls playing in ECNL. Save yourself the worry down the road. Only about 40 or 50 players will get selected for ODP Alabama at U14. End the worrying now about what to believe.

Comment

My daughter has done ODP for 4 years and has been in ECNL for 3 years.
                        Well isn't she special

Comment

My daughter, an 02', went last year and loved it. Good competition, great experience. Tore her ACL in November so this year is a no go, otherwise she'd be going back.
                          A 12 year old tearing her ACL? Sounds like she is doing a little too much soccer. Relax dad

Comment

Your daughter should not. They only take three u13 teams to Alabama. Make way for a regular player at a small club without ECNL or DA. At U14, ODP takes two teams to Alabama. The math says with 6 ECNL clubs, there will be over 120 U14 girls playing in ECNL. Save yourself the worry down the road. Only about 40 or 50 players will get selected for ODP Alabama at U14. End the worrying now about what to believe.
                            Are you trying to say that because your kid plays on an ECNL team, she is above ODP? This is some funny stuff. I have seen some of these kids in a few ECNL clubs in south Florida that should be playing rec ! Some clubs need to fill a roster, doesn't mean they are elite due to ECNL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X