Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2001 and 2002 Wesley Chapel Girls Soccer

My favorite quote in relation to the game of soccer comes from the greatest player of the 20th century. Pele stated that soccer has absolutely nothing to do with the size of the country or players. Heart, skill, and hard work are the only things that matter.

A soccer team that the people remember have no constant formation. Soccer is not repetitious, but adapts its form endlessly. Soccer superiority is achieved when a team is defensively organized, fitter than your opponent, and offensively unpredictable. Most importantly, soccer is only fun when the ball is shared with everyone.

How do we achieve this with our players? What are the characteristics of a modern day soccer player? What does it take for a soccer team to play, fast, secure, unpredictable, with creative attacking?

First players must be technically sound. Players must be comfortable with the ball at their feet. In addition, each player must be creative, possess a tactical mind, and complete all tasks with swagger.

Second each player must be extremely hard working to the point of obsession. Players must be trained with closely monitored methods. Each player’s body must be superior in all aspects compared to that of their opponents. A high level of fitness enables players to complete the work required to supply positive numbers around the ball.

With a mixture of individual skill, creativity, tactics, and fitness breeds great players and
    unforgettable teams.

To achieve this philosophy there is a teachable approach divided into four aspects. First the ball must be played on the ground, with the exception of crossing or shooting. Next, touches must be minimized to support a fast speed of play. Third a player must switch point of attack. This is only possible when a player minimizes their touches with the reception of the ball in the opposite direction it came from facing your opponent’s goal. The last aspect requires diagonal offensive and defensive support to facilitate diagonal passing.

For young athletes who want to become the best soccer player you can be, I Ian Pitkoff invite you to tryouts come June 2016. You will not find a better program geared towards developing athletes. Learn to play safe and secure soccer minimizing injuries while having fun. Experience what true development really is. See you at tryouts.

Six hours of training education weekly. All training will include the following topics with the four aspects implemented in all sessions.

Coordination
    Elasticity
    Flexibility
    Agility
    Endurance
    Fast Reaction
    Muscle Development
    Nutrition
    Four Heights of the Ball
    Feinting
    Anticipation
    Defensive Heading
    Offensive heading
    Dribbling
    Ball Control
    Trapping
    Receiving
    Passing
    Shooting
    Finishing
    Mental Speed
    Six Ways to Score Goals
    40 Yard Compactness 4-4-2 Diamond Midfield
    Six Ways to Build the Ball From the Back

http://www.wesleychapelsc.com/competitive/coaches/

Comment

Whew, that was close! After reading the last few posts, I almost barfed all over the table!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Whew, that was close! After reading the last few posts, I almost barfed all over the table!
        Why didn't you? It would have made you feel better getting some junks out of your system. Go ahead, it will make you feel good.

Comment

I just read the list above, and I can't stop laughing! OMG, how funny! All that from a few drills and lots of scrimmaging! Ha ha ha ha!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X