Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

broken

Anything the FYSA does is poorly done. State Cup is now a joke now. Their league play is a joke. Their ODP is probably the biggest joke. The guy running the FYSA and his misfit board members are a joke. Get the pattern? Save your money!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Anything the FYSA does is poorly done. State Cup is now a joke now. Their league play is a joke. Their ODP is probably the biggest joke. The guy running the FYSA and his misfit board members are a joke. Get the pattern? Save your money!
      Fl ODP is a farce. State pools have become like a rec league. Parents just want to be able to say their kid is ODP. Wake up parents, nobody's impressed anymore. Fl ODP is a complete joke. The state coach MS couldn't coach a u12 rec team and guess what. Everyone makes ODP now. Congratulations!

Comment

Sorry your kid did not make it

Comment

Fl ODP is a farce. State pools have become like a rec league. Parents just want to be able to say their kid is ODP. Wake up parents, nobody's impressed anymore. Fl ODP is a complete joke. The state coach MS couldn't coach a u12 rec team and guess what. Everyone makes ODP now. Congratulations!
          jealous much?

Comment

My daughter didn't make the first cut back in the fall for the pool, but yesterday she got an invite to attend the camp in Lakeland, which leads me to believe that having it on Memorial Day weekend was a bad choice.

They must be very low on registrants, if they are sending out emails to girls that couldn't even make the first cut.

And yes, I know already, my daughter sucks, she should be playing rec. Ha-Ha. I get it. I'm just trying to point out that they must not have a good turnout.
            ODP is a thing of the past. It use to have merit but is struggling anymore. Most don't accept anymore. Look for it to be gone someday. It had it's time don't get me wrong.

Comment

Unfortunately ODP is just another tool for the state and federations to make more $. Dissapointing

Comment

ODP is a thing of the past. It use to have merit but is struggling anymore. Most don't accept anymore. Look for it to be gone someday. It had it's time don't get me wrong.
                Those that don't accept must be in a position to pass on it (already playing DA, ECNL or have been to Id2, etc. and are already in that system). If you aren't though, being selected for ODP is one thing you would be nuts to pass on if you can afford it. Look at it this way... if you believe your kid has an inclination to play beyond HS/club, and playing in college is an aspiration for them, jot down a couple notes now if you haven't already done this: your kid's best individual accomplishments playing soccer - a HS MVP, Offensive Player of the Year? Many clubs don't award these things too. So what are you coming up with? lots of stuff? I'm here to say that having your kid's resume say ODP says something. It helped my kid. She didn't play in ECNL, but did ODP, and was picked up (offered) just before school let out her junior year. substantial out of state D1. She dropped all other offers and coasted her senior year... BIG MISTAKE. She went off to college and hated it. We now call that her "gap" year. lol. She is though now back playing in college at a large JC. (well, school is out now but she'll finish there this fall ...). Lessons to be learned by those that have been there... Don't pass up opportunities you may never get back.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered

jealous much?

Agree..jealous much. Only an idiot who had no idea how this bullets/helps to advance a player would say such a thing. Either that or the parent of a kid who never had a chance to make a pool in the first place.

Comment

It's a training camp. At the end of the camp you will get a report which critiques what improvements need to be made or what you have mastered to make the ODP next year. My daughter did it 2 years ago and she had a great experience staying at the university which taught her to be independent. Don’t be negative about this program because it helped my daughter and she made ODP the following season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X