X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CORRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL POST
    (not mine)

Per the Boca United Website, the May 9th and 11 ECNL tryouts are at Loggers Runs.
    Not South County.

http://www.gbysa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=304888

Comment

Pardon me while a go off on a tangent and hit a few points:

I think there are very few people that are going to make the trek in South Florida traffic all the way to Boca for practice 3 times a week. The one thing that Weston has going for it is that its more centrally located for Dade AND Broward players. Not a whole lot of traffic on 27 heading west in the evenings. North on 95 and/or the Turnpike is awful.

As far as Boca's poor showing in its inaugural season in ECNL, that was to be expected. It's almost like an expansion team in pro sports. I would expect the same to happen for Weston this upcoming season. Doesn't mean its a failure, it just means that they have kinks to work out as they build something from nothing.

Either way, adding Weston to the league gives more girls in the area options to participate in something they may not have otherwise had an opportunity to do so and that can only be a good thing.

I'm not affiliated with Boca or Weston but like EVERY other club out there, there are positives and negatives. I've seen great teams and very poor teams in different age groups in the same club. It all comes down to the talent and coaching at the particular team level. And you know what is probably even more important than the coaching and the talent to make it a good experience?? Because let's face it, what we're really talking about here is YOUTH SPORTS. This is supposed to be something fun and engaging and educational for our kids. The most important thing a team needs is a good team manager. You need someone to keep the parents informed. Someone to be an advocate for the parents with the club and the coach. Someone that helps keep things organized. Someone to put out fires and calm people down when things are heated. You have a strong team manager that knows what they're doing, that cares about the team and the kids, and has a good relationship with the coach and it helps make it a positive experience for all.

Anyways, just wanted to spit a little knowledge on these otherwise lame boards.

Comment

makes no sense

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        All the top players are staying at Team Boca. Only girls that are leaving are ones that were subs at Team Boca. Everyone is aware that Team Boca is a better situation all around. Boca United is a mess in every aspect. Some girls are leaving Boca United and coming to Team Boca because they are fed up with losing and not developing,

is this for real?
        why wouldnt the top team boca players go to boca united
        why wouldnt the top area players go to boca united
        if they are top players they should want top competition
        if enough top players go there
        then most, if not all, of the issues at boca untied go away
        assuming and this is a big assumption boca united has top coaches
        i only recognize a few names
        one really stands out, unbelievable he is still around
        and for that age group, i understand not wanting to go
        but for the rest ... if the coaching is strong
        then what is left?
        that thye don't let parents screw things up?
        that is a good thing!!

Comment

is this for real?
          then what is left?
          that is a good thing!!
          The top players are TRYING to leaving. As you said, why would they not.
          The issue is because it is the 2nd year for ECNL, there will not be a lot of space for them (unless Weston opens up some space).

ECNL is going to be a drain on the talent for TB and the other local clubs.

Comment

CORRECTION TO THE ORIGINAL POST
            (not mine)

Per the Boca United Website, the May 9th and 11 ECNL tryouts are at Loggers Runs.
            Not South County.

http://www.gbysa.org/Default.aspx?tabid=304888
            Well, what the hell --
            BU web site says Loggers Run
            Twitter / Instagram says South County.
            So do your own due diligence!

At least both parks are near each other.

Comment

is this for real?
              then what is left?
              that is a good thing!!

i hope top players do go to one place
              where ever that is
              seems to me that ECNL would be, by far, the best place to go
              either BU or weston
              but probably BU, hopefully less growing pains on year 2

Comment

The pain will last 3-5 years

Both Weston and BU will suffer crushing pain of mediocre teams that will continue to get destroyed on the National stage for many years to come.

Good luck to both of our super ECNL clubs!!

i hope top players do go to one place
                where ever that is
                seems to me that ECNL would be, by far, the best place to go
                either BU or weston
                but probably BU, hopefully less growing pains on year 2

Comment

Both Weston and BU will suffer crushing pain of mediocre teams that will continue to get destroyed on the National stage for many years to come.

Good luck to both of our super ECNL clubs!!
                  I personally think that Weston will benefit hugely from Boca United's horrible record as a club and in ECNL. The better players at Boca United (and there are only a few believe me) are leaving for Weston. Boca United is the laughing stock of the ECNL. Their only good team is their 18's who not surprisingly are all kids who went to BU as an older player like U17. Nobody was developed by BU. They couldn't develop a photograph. This will be the last year of Boca United ECNL because ECNL will vote them out with their new voting process which will get rid of the "mistake" clubs like Boca United. How could anyone consider sending your kid to a club like Boca United. Those poor kids were pummeled every game last year and looked horrible in front of college coaches at every level. Weston has much more of a chance to succeed now because BU failed so much and now those better players will go to Weston.

Comment

I personally think that Weston will benefit hugely from Boca United's horrible record as a club and in ECNL. The better players at Boca United (and there are only a few believe me) are leaving for Weston. Boca United is the laughing stock of the ECNL. Their only good team is their 18's who not surprisingly are all kids who went to BU as an older player like U17. Nobody was developed by BU. They couldn't develop a photograph. This will be the last year of Boca United ECNL because ECNL will vote them out with their new voting process which will get rid of the "mistake" clubs like Boca United. How could anyone consider sending your kid to a club like Boca United. Those poor kids were pummeled every game last year and looked horrible in front of college coaches at every level. Weston has much more of a chance to succeed now because BU failed so much and now those better players will go to Weston.
                    from what premier teams or platers? Where are they coming from?????

Comment

This is a valid comment. I wouldn't bet on Weston making it and I probably wouldn't bring my kid there until at least the second or third year to see how they do, but Boca United is definitely done for. They were a disgrace last year and I know there are several kids leaving. My daughters best friend is one for sure.

Comment

Weston will get a taste of Boca's medicine

Out of 5 Weston ECNL teams you will have almost the same mix as Boca had last year.
                        You will have 3-4 teams that will win 1-3 league games .
                        You will have one team that may win 5.
                        This pain will last at least 3 years.

Comment

Out of 5 Weston ECNL teams you will have almost the same mix as Boca had last year.
                          You will have 3-4 teams that will win 1-3 league games .
                          You will have one team that may win 5.
                          This pain will last at least 3 years.
                          I don't agree, Weston will definitely do better than BU. Boca United is as bad as it could possibly be. Weston will do better because I also think they will take the few good players that BU had. BU has kids on their ECNL teams who didn't start at their prior clubs!

Comment

Weston devastation

The talent at the Weston ECNL tryouts was very thin.
                            Their teams will be ok Florida teams but they will get destroyed once they hit the national stage.

Neither Davie or Weston ever played outside of Florida so these kids are in for a rude awakening. Families will be shocked at how poorly these teams will perform out of Florida.
                            To spend this much money in order to get hammered over and over will be devastating.

Inevitably when the Weston teams are labeled as lower-tier then they will be matched against other low level ECNL competition in the showcases. Weston will not fare well against even the bottom of the barrel ECNL teams.

Last year many predicted what eventually happened to the Boca teams. This call is even easier to make.

I don't agree, Weston will definitely do better than BU. Boca United is as bad as it could possibly be. Weston will do better because I also think they will take the few good players that BU had. BU has kids on their ECNL teams who didn't start at their prior clubs!

Comment

There will be no more U14, U15, U16, U17 & U18 in ECNL next year.

Now it will be 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998.

Good luck Weston and BU.

Comment

There will be no more U14, U15, U16, U17 & U18 in ECNL next year.

Now it will be 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998.

Good luck Weston and BU.
                                Spoke to EE the other night and he is beyond thrilled that the teams are all changing to calendar years because it allows them to reshuffle all their teams so he can now say they don't all suck so bad like they did last year. He obviously doesn't know how good or bad they will be but at least now he can say they are all different teams. Guess what EE, if mix up crap and reshuffle it it's still all crap, just different crap!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X