Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Required distance from sideline to my chair.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on getting three pages of responses to your troll post. You almost had us going, but now we realize nobody is actually that much of a d-bag.

Comment

I think we need to do a better job as parents setting better examples for our kids. If the ref asks you to move well then you move.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        This is a troll response.
        No one is this much of a colossal a**hole to actually measure the distance and then argue with the referee.
        I would not be at all surprised to see someone measure it; the variety and cluelessness of our spectators is limitless. At every level of the game, it amazes me to see parents that all but sit on top of the line without a clue as to where they should be sitting. I do appreciate it when you go to a field and they actually have lines drawn for the distance as to where seating on the sidelines can be, safely back from the action, yet more than close enough for anyone that wants to sit there to watch. I've seen it all on the sidelines, including being an unfortunate witness to seeing a baby in a stroller who was pushed up to the line by its clueless parent, get hit square in the face by a ball heading out of bounds. could hear the screams for miles. People are clueless and I always feel for the refs.

Flipping though, I have to say my worst ref story was seeing a ref bring her toddler to a game and try to have him sit next to her while she officiated on the sideline. Unimaginable. I get it that care is expensive, but how is that acceptable? It wasn't bring your kid to work day either...

Comment

There should always be a line 1.5 yards from the side line to let us know were to sit. Since there usually is not one I bring my tape measure

Comment

There should always be a line 1.5 yards from the side line to let us know were to sit. Since there usually is not one I bring my tape measure
            If you are being for real, then you are the epitome of everything wrong with youth sports.

Comment

I was asked to move back a foot at this past weekend state cup game by the linesman. I refused and I took out my tape measure to demonstrate that I was more than far enough from the line, 1.5 yards to be exact. But he still was not satisfied and actually went as far as threatening to have me removed if I did not move. I relented and moved but I felt he was completely out of line.
              you need a tap measure? a yard and a half, I would have just dropped my pants!

Comment

I don't know if it's a troll thread or not, but we've all seen some pretty awful adult behavior. I've certainly seen refs ask parents to push back many times - and of course they comply, then slowly inch their way back up again. Much of the issues with reffing come from parents who don't know rules of the game - they just think they know them and feel teh need to discuss/debate/even yell at refs. Great example to set for kids. Yes there are some bad refs out there. But it's no wonder so many refs drop out if they have to deal with bad behavior so often.

Comment

Why? Because I like structure and to follow the rules. You are missing my original point. Its not about me or the tape measure. Its about an out of control linesman and him infringing on my rights. My rights as a free American to sit and enjoy my child playing a freaking soccer game without the gestapo telling me to move.

Comment

Your V a g i n a is 1.5 yards wide???

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                      your v a g i n a is 1.5 yards wide???
                      lmao!

Comment

Your V a g i n a is 1.5 yards wide???
                        Comeback of the day award goes to ^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Why? Because I like structure and to follow the rules. You are missing my original point. Its not about me or the tape measure. Its about an out of control linesman and him infringing on my rights. My rights as a free American to sit and enjoy my child playing a freaking soccer game without the gestapo telling me to move.
                          I'll admit I have a problem with parents sitting too close. They block my view!

Comment

How do ypou measure the other 41 inches???

Comment

You know, I thought this was a troll thread when it started, but now I think this dimwit is for real.

If it is a serious thread, then youth soccer is worse off than I thought. This is a disturbing thread if it is for real.

You right to sit !?! Are you freaking joking !?!
                              You are not the only one with rights. The other parents at the game should have the right to enjoy the game without some a**hole parent harassing the referees.

The soccer game is NOT you !!
                              It is about the kids on the field. And the referees are there to manage and control that field.
                              They are the sole arbitrators of what is right. They were hired and trained by the league to do this.

You are a spectator and a guest. The referee has every right to remove you.
                              If you want to be present at a soccer game, listen to the referee, and shut up !!

Comment

How do ypou measure the other 41 inches???
                                Fail....you are late to the game. Someone beat you with the v@gin@ post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X