X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's past May 1st and the GK trainer for ECNL has not yet been announced
    Went to the TBU ECNL Open House last night. Very impressive. New to the club but they did a really good job of communicating out how the club works (leaders, structure, etc.) and how ECNL is going to work. I have read on here that Adrian Bush is a big "recruiter" and I can totally picture that. He speaks in a way that is very relate-able to a parent about their kid's soccer. And they did introduce the ECNL GK Director - Tim Mann.

Comment

He is a not any of the above. He destroyed a good team by his lies. And I know cause I know him personally also. This team had to split up by lies backstabbing. He didn't train he was handed talent. A nice guy to your face but behind your back be careful if he does not get his way.
      looks to me that TBU really needed players. Despite all the hubbub TBU getting hardly any movement from WFF. That Chargers team was good and TBU will definitely need those players to have a chance at getting any wins in ECNL.

Comment

looks to me that TBU really needed players. Despite all the hubbub TBU getting hardly any movement from WFF. That Chargers team was good and TBU will definitely need those players to have a chance at getting any wins in ECNL.
        Which age group on the charger team?

Comment

Which age group on the charger team?
          The U13 team

Comment

Went to the TBU ECNL Open House last night. Very impressive. New to the club but they did a really good job of communicating out how the club works (leaders, structure, etc.) and how ECNL is going to work. I have read on here that Adrian Bush is a big "recruiter" and I can totally picture that. He speaks in a way that is very relate-able to a parent about their kid's soccer. And they did introduce the ECNL GK Director - Tim Mann.
            The TBU coaches are the BEST used car salesmen around. They won't be impressive on the field. You can buy the car and drive it off the lot but its a lemon. Trust me.

Comment

The TBU coaches are the BEST used car salesmen around. They won't be impressive on the field. You can buy the car and drive it off the lot but its a lemon. Trust me.
              This is the truth. It's s very tight group that protects each other. UT mafia. Outside coaches are used for their players and then discarded. I've seen it happen since over and over...

Comment

Not all that surprising that most existing WFF players are reluctant to switch - it's human nature to stay with the "devil you know" instead of the "devil you don't know." But based on everything I have seen TBU is going to be the odds on favorite going forward for the younger age groups and that is going to tilt the talent toward TBU starting with the, '03, '04, '05, '06s. It was apparent from the open house last night that they are not measuring themselves against just WFF and not just next season. They have a much larger vision going forward. It's obvious that they have put a lot of thought into this and are systematically putting their plan to work.

Comment

Not all that surprising that most existing WFF players are reluctant to switch - it's human nature to stay with the "devil you know" instead of the "devil you don't know." But based on everything I have seen TBU is going to be the odds on favorite going forward for the younger age groups and that is going to tilt the talent toward TBU starting with the, '03, '04, '05, '06s. It was apparent from the open house last night that they are not measuring themselves against just WFF and not just next season. They have a much larger vision going forward. It's obvious that they have put a lot of thought into this and are systematically putting their plan to work.
                  I agree. Ironically, even though WFF had a 5-year head start with ECNL, within a few seasons they will be playing catch-up to TBU.

Comment

We disagree. I see it currently like this

2003 Close
                    2004 TBU
                    2005 WFF
                    2006 too young

I don't think its very clear that TBU will dominate the younger age groups. TBU won the 2004 presidents cup and WFF won it for the 2005 age group. The 2003 are very close. For 2003:

TBU
                    reached final 16 state cup (has an easier path in state cup going forward)
                    won more head to head games against WFF

WFF
                    had a better record in NPL
                    ranked higher in both YSR and Got soccer

I don't get the "head start" thing. If anything, ECNL records have dragged down WFF in terms of "perception" because TBU has enjoyed playing Florida teams with relatively good results. I think once there is a direct comparison and a way to directly measure the clubs then WFF will no longer experience the "drag" of ECNL records and TBU will no longer be "buoyed" by good Florida results. Id say that TBU is ahead on 2004 and WFF ahead on 2005. 2003 is a toss up and 2006 is too young to tell

Comment

TBU been claiming they are better the last 4 years since WFF got ECNL. Apparently conceding they are not now. Glad they finally recognize it. I'm just curious what their vision has been the last 4 years? Now it's time to have a vision? Their "vision" is one of necessity. They won't be competitive in ECNL at the older ages so they are circling the wagons and hoping to focus on the younger age groups and age them up. It's the only possible "vision" they can have. What ever happened to doing that right along? Lol

Comment

I think the poster referring to the "head start" is referring to WFF having the last five years to establish itself in ECNL, whereas, TBU is just now joining the league.

Comment

2003 Close
                          2004 TBU
                          2005 WFF
                          2006 too young

I don't think its very clear that TBU will dominate the younger age groups. TBU won the 2004 presidents cup and WFF won it for the 2005 age group. The 2003 are very close. For 2003:

TBU

WFF

I don't get the "head start" thing. If anything, ECNL records have dragged down WFF in terms of "perception" because TBU has enjoyed playing Florida teams with relatively good results. I think once there is a direct comparison and a way to directly measure the clubs then WFF will no longer experience the "drag" of ECNL records and TBU will no longer be "buoyed" by good Florida results. Id say that TBU is ahead on 2004 and WFF ahead on 2005. 2003 is a toss up and 2006 is too young to tell
                          Correction: TBU didn't win the u12 presidents cup! It was the Tampa Chargers!

Comment

TBU been claiming they are better the last 4 years since WFF got ECNL. Apparently conceding they are not now. Glad they finally recognize it. I'm just curious what their vision has been the last 4 years? Now it's time to have a vision? Their "vision" is one of necessity. They won't be competitive in ECNL at the older ages so they are circling the wagons and hoping to focus on the younger age groups and age them up. It's the only possible "vision" they can have. What ever happened to doing that right along? Lol
                            This post is sort of garbled but I don't understand WFF's singular obsession with TBU? I get the impression that TBU is looking way past WFF. And no offense but are you actually saying that WFF is "competitive in ECNL at the older ages."

Comment

2003 Close
                              2004 TBU
                              2005 WFF
                              2006 too young

TBU

WFF

for the 2003s. WFF has a better record in the NPL only because one of the losses on TBU's record was actually TBU's B-team filling in against Weston. So that 0-5 loss is bogus, particularly since TBU's top team beat Weston twice not long before that match. Also WFF has yet to play OCYS, so i suspect that will be another L for WFF, thus making the teams even in FPL this year. Also the rankings are close, but who knows what impact the 0-5 loss had on TBU's rankings. Agree they rae very close in skill though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered;

2003 Close
                                2004 TBU
                                2005 WFF
                                2006 too young

TBU

WFF

Current U12 teams made up of 2003 and 2004 birth years are not even close. WFF beat TBU multiple times when head to head including last month during NPL play and the TBU U12 team did not even make it to semi finals of Region C so how are you claiming that they won the President's Cup? They lost to Braden River in the Quarters.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X