Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All clubs tryouts are end of May! Why?

I'm interested in having my kids tryout at different clubs but it seems like every club has tryouts on the same week? What's up with that? I would like to see different clubs style, hear what they have to say about their goals in the new season and just get a feel for other clubs. Is this a tactic so that you can't tryout out at other clubs?

Another thing most have awful websites and are not updated timely with club news and events. Well except Weston, they are in with the whole media communications updating their webpage and FB wall with current team events and accomplishments.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm interested in having my kids tryout at different clubs but it seems like every club has tryouts on the same week? What's up with that? I would like to see different clubs style, hear what they have to say about their goals in the new season and just get a feel for other clubs. Is this a tactic so that you can't tryout out at other clubs?

Another thing most have awful websites and are not updated timely with club news and events. Well except Weston, they are in with the whole media communications updating their webpage and FB wall with current team events and accomplishments.
    You answered your own question in your email. Go to Weston and you will get all the team news and updates on a timely manner. Don't bother with the other clubs.

Comment

You answered your own question in your email. Go to Weston and you will get all the team news and updates on a timely manner. Don't bother with the other clubs.
      But most importantly, DO NOT forget your credit card.

Comment

Of course they don't want you trying out elsewhere. All clubs need bodies and their parent's checks. If you really want to see what a club is about and if your child fits in you should have been taking him/her to practices at other clubs over the last few weeks. Tryouts are a cattle call. By then clubs know 90% of who they want and are just looking for one or two last players to round out the roster

Comment

Of course they don't want you trying out elsewhere. All clubs need bodies and their parent's checks. If you really want to see what a club is about and if your child fits in you should have been taking him/her to practices at other clubs over the last few weeks. Tryouts are a cattle call. By then clubs know 90% of who they want and are just looking for one or two last players to round out the roster
          Ding, ding, ding!!!
          You are correct sir!

Comment

Good point but you forgot the FYSA poaching rule. Unless the player is currently not registered with any fysa club, he cannot just go train with other clubs.

Comment

Good point but you forgot the FYSA poaching rule. Unless the player is currently not registered with any fysa club, he cannot just go train with other clubs.
              Rules? Really? Here is some breaking news. FYSA doesn't give a s h i t about you or your kid's best interest. All clubs do it.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                rules? Really? Here is some breaking news. Fysa doesn't give a s h i t about you or your kid's best interest. All clubs do it.
                fact!!!!!!

Comment

These narcs around brevard will turn a coach in the following day.

Comment

Really???

You must be new...

Comment

I saw one large club wait until their rival posted their try out dates. Schedule their tryouts for the following week. So the other club quickly changed theirs to the following week just to compete with them.

Comment

You need to be at the team you want the first night.

That being said find the coaches list, call or email coach of the team you want to play for and see if they even have spots open before you part ways with your old crappy coach/team. Ask about coming out to a practice beforehand for an honest opinion before tryouts.

Comment

Does Weston tell you what a crappy, overpriced, ripoff soccer club they really are on social media? Well good for them for being so honest and forthcoming. I guess they have really turned the corner over there.

Comment

Rules? Really? Here is some breaking news. FYSA doesn't give a s h i t about you or your kid's best interest. All clubs do it.
                            Hahaha, yeah sure coaches won't turn on each other in a heartbeat. It's because of all the professional courtesy going around. The code of coaching!

Seriously though, that's the best laugh I have had all day. My DOC asks all the time if anyone has evidence of any poaching. You must be new to travel soccer. It isn't a collection of kindred spirits pal, it is a cutthroat business.

Comment

This is why so many kids have "dentist appointments " this time of year

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X