Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Completely agree. As the kids get older, they need a coach that can be objective, especially when playing in showcase tournaments. The Daddy Coach will only look out for his own. They won't put the best interests of the other players first. Their kid does everything. They play the whole game, take the pk's, take the corner kicks, take the free kicks, etc. That is a Daddy Coach.
    That is a Daddy Coach. And it is atrocious. I've seen it in action and it must be addressed by the club.

BUT LET"S BE CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING...

What you have defined as a Daddy Coach is not the same thing as a coach who is coaching a team that has his kid on it. There are at least a couple of teams at Rangers that are coached by parents that I'd argue are some of the best coached teams in the club.

And oh yeah, if you put a stop to parents coaching the teams to which you referred, who's going to coach all those teams U11 and up? You?

Comment

That is a Daddy Coach. And it is atrocious. I've seen it in action and it must be addressed by the club.

BUT LET"S BE CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING...

What you have defined as a Daddy Coach is not the same thing as a coach who is coaching a team that has his kid on it. There are at least a couple of teams at Rangers that are coached by parents that I'd argue are some of the best coached teams in the club.

And oh yeah, if you put a stop to parents coaching the teams to which you referred, who's going to coach all those teams U11 and up? You?
      Settle down big boy...you are right. There are quality coaches who happen to have a kid on the team. They do a good job or separating the father/daughter or father/son relationship. There is one team, above U11, that the coach's kid takes all free kicks, all corner kicks, and PK's. That is not right, and needs to be addressed. Just so we are "CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING" as you yelled...I completely agree with you. Go check your BP...all is well.

To answer your question...yes...I do coach a team. My kid is on the team. I make sure I separate the relationship on the field.

Comment

That is exactly why there should be NO daddy coaches above U10 in competitive soccer. Crazy that people pay anything when you have daddy coaches. Daddy coaches are also assistants on the team as well. They may not be the head coach but they sure let the head coach know how good their kid is and how this kid and that kid is rude, selfish, lazy, or whatever other adjective they want to use to describe them. This is very biased and puts a bad taste in the coaches eyes before they ever meet Johnny or Sue, etc.....
        What planet is this coach from that he tastes with his eyes?

Comment

Settle down big boy...you are right. There are quality coaches who happen to have a kid on the team. They do a good job or separating the father/daughter or father/son relationship. There is one team, above U11, that the coach's kid takes all free kicks, all corner kicks, and PK's. That is not right, and needs to be addressed. Just so we are "CLEAR ABOUT SOMETHING" as you yelled...I completely agree with you. Go check your BP...all is well.

To answer your question...yes...I do coach a team. My kid is on the team. I make sure I separate the relationship on the field.
          My blood pressure is fine and my bad with the all caps. It was intended to be an attention getter, not yelling. Being an experienced, dedicated, unbiased coach myself who happens to coach his own kid, I get really tired of the daddy coach BS. Peace.

Love that you coach and work to be unbiased but you did not answer my question. It was suggested that there should be no daddy coaches in competitive soccer beyond U10. Many clubs still have volunteer coaches. Without parents, who is going to coach all of those teams?

Comment

My blood pressure is fine and my bad with the all caps. It was intended to be an attention getter, not yelling. Being an experienced, dedicated, unbiased coach myself who happens to coach his own kid, I get really tired of the daddy coach BS. Peace.

Love that you coach and work to be unbiased but you did not answer my question. It was suggested that there should be no daddy coaches in competitive soccer beyond U10. Many clubs still have volunteer coaches. Without parents, who is going to coach all of those teams?
            You are right. I too deal with the "Daddy Coach" problem. With so many teams, qualified coaches, who will most likely have kids on the team, will have to coach. They just need to do a good job of not showing favoritism to his or her kid. This means actually sitting them for a part of the game, and letting other players play key roles on the team. It does not help anyone, including people like you and me, when a coach has his kid play the whole game and take all kicks, etc.

The U17 Girls are a perfect example. He needs to let other people play key roles on the team. Having both his kids play the whole game, and the one take all kicks, needs to be addressed.

Comment

Paid coaches that's who. Above U10 should be no daddy coaches period. If daddy wants to coach, then coach a team your kid is not on. Your kid can then play for free, but you are still coaching a team, but not your kid's team . How hard is that to comprehend.. don't coach your own kid. But that's the norm at the Rangers.

Comment

What planet is this coach from that he tastes with his eyes?
                should of read "mouth" smart *****. I guess you aren't smart enough to figure that out. Go back to school.

Comment

Paid coaches that's who. Above U10 should be no daddy coaches period. If daddy wants to coach, then coach a team your kid is not on. Your kid can then play for free, but you are still coaching a team, but not your kid's team . How hard is that to comprehend.. don't coach your own kid. But that's the norm at the Rangers.
                  1. Ranger coaches aren't paid, so their kids play whether they deserve to or not.
                  2. The Ranger fees are really low. For that deep discount you have to put up with 1.

Comment

Go meander over to tbu and take a look at their coaching list. Even the new elite OLDER girls teams have parents coaching. Just because your fees are high & your coaches get paid doesn't mean you are not having parents coach.

Comment

Someone has it right about u17G. Daddy's girls do it all. Kicks, play entire game, captain...they do it. You would think he would be less obvious. The others are just there to fill in and help his girls look good. Makes no bones about how fabulous he thinks they are and daddy's girls know it!

Comment

Someone has it right about u17G. Daddy's girls do it all. Kicks, play entire game, captain...they do it. You would think he would be less obvious. The others are just there to fill in and help his girls look good. Makes no bones about how fabulous he thinks they are and daddy's girls know it!
                        They are good players and great girls. But the team does center around them way too much.

Comment

They are good players and great girls. But the team does center around them way too much.
                          When they are off during a game, they don't get replaced for another player. They get the Daddy pass.

Comment

I'm with the club and know him. I will make sure that he is aware of the message and image he is promoting.

Comment

Playing one player down while daughter is off hurt and a bench full of players tells what he thinks of the other girls. Maybe that contributed to the 10-1 loss they had. I would never out my kid on that team because the team isnt the priority. Too bad, there are some other talented girls besides his.

Comment

Playing one player down while daughter is off hurt and a bench full of players tells what he thinks of the other girls. Maybe that contributed to the 10-1 loss they had. I would never out my kid on that team because the team isnt the priority. Too bad, there are some other talented girls besides his.
                                Clearly he did not want to lose her for the half/ rest of game (depending on when it happened ). That is not putting the team first. When a player goes down, next one up. It does not matter if it is your kid. You have to think what is best for the team. You need to separate your personal feelings once the game starts. You are sending the message that nobody can replace your kid. Not good for team morale. He should know better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X