Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That was painful...and now I REALLY appreciate my club!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are the same person who keeps posting this crap.

I saw Kendall Academy 97 v. Weston Academy 97 this past Sunday and I can tell you that neither team is that great. Maybe #7 to 8 in the state. Both teams played rough, Kendall had slow and short defenders. I watch these teams play several times per year because I know players on each team and the rivalry is great but the soccer level is not that great. Fast and furious is what i see.
    There is not a single club u17/u18 team that would beat these two teams. DA is for the best players if don't play DA you are not a serious soccer player, and if you play high school it is just for fun. DA>Club>Highschool no questions asked (based on skill level of players).

Comment

Our HS team is loaded; best year so far! Players are working hard for each other, and nice chemistry! The HS is definitely more independent from parent involvement than club! Quick and intense season with the actual goal to create a brotherhood, and win when possible (not suck up to parents)!

Comment

There is not a single club u17/u18 team that would beat these two teams. DA is for the best players if don't play DA you are not a serious soccer player, and if you play high school it is just for fun. DA>Club>Highschool no questions asked (based on skill level of players).
        Ha, Ha, Ha! 1/2 our HS team plays on same club, and we did beat you! LOL!

Comment

Our HS team is loaded; best year so far! Players are working hard for each other, and nice chemistry! The HS is definitely more independent from parent involvement than club! Quick and intense season with the actual goal to create a brotherhood, and win when possible (not suck up to parents)!
          Ha ha! Thanks anyway HS coach.

Comment

Ha ha! Thanks anyway HS coach.
            Sorry, real coaches are doing their job and don't have time for TS or BS (all in the same). Sorry that your HS team and HS coach are less than you would care for…...

Comment

High School soccer sucks. Kickball with goals.

Comment

High School soccer sucks. Kickball with goals.
                Sorry your kid didn't make the team. There's always Xbox to keep him or her busy!

Comment

"If you don't play DA you're not a serious soccer player"????

Dude, please!!! Boca has a couple kids from last year's squad that are playing in college. Plantation has some amazing players. I believe one is on the ODP national team. The striker for the Toros is nasty. Neither Weston or Kendall has a forward that frightens anyone. You obviously drank the DA Kool-Aid but the reality is that 99% of the players at both those academies will amount to nothing from a soccer perspective. The DA players from both these programs should concentrate on school.

Comment

"If you don't play DA you're not a serious soccer player"????

Dude, please!!! Boca has a couple kids from last year's squad that are playing in college. Plantation has some amazing players. I believe one is on the ODP national team. The striker for the Toros is nasty. Neither Weston or Kendall has a forward that frightens anyone. You obviously drank the DA Kool-Aid but the reality is that 99% of the players at both those academies will amount to nothing from a soccer perspective. The DA players from both these programs should concentrate on school.
                    The fact that you said ODP national team makes me disregard anything else you had to say. If you want to play DI college soccer your best chances of making it are through academy. Obviously there will be some good players who play on club teams, but as a whole- DA>Club>Highschool.

Comment

The fact that you said ODP national team makes me disregard anything else you had to say. If you want to play DI college soccer your best chances of making it are through academy. Obviously there will be some good players who play on club teams, but as a whole- DA>Club>Highschool.
                      Your son at DA will be flipping burgers unless he gets an education because there is no future in soccer in the US. At least boys who play club and high school have fun and make friends and memories that will last a long time. Most DA players never amount to anything but you will spend 10k per year dreaming. Take that money and invested in an SAT course.

Comment

Your son at DA will be flipping burgers unless he gets an education because there is no future in soccer in the US. At least boys who play club and high school have fun and make friends and memories that will last a long time. Most DA players never amount to anything but you will spend 10k per year dreaming. Take that money and invested in an SAT course.
                        Isn't DA to a point where sponsors are covering much costs for players?

Comment

Small point, at most clubs DA is free

Comment

Small point, at most clubs DA is free
                            Not free for most kids in DA in South Florida.

Comment

Isn't DA to a point where sponsors are covering much costs for players?
                              OC is free I believe because of the MLS. Clearwater charged over $3,000 from what I heard

Comment

This is so true. I saw the documentary regarding Clint Dempsey. They also show the one success story but not the 9999 other kids that failed.

My son is a great soccer player ( relatively speaking) and I convinced him to go to school get his degree then at 22 go to Europe and give it a shot

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X