Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    was the weston boy the mid fielder. dont see him with the 00's this year?
    Amazing how some people get sick from others success. That kid Is playing with the academy 16's and he can play right wing or on top. The center mid is moving to argentina, definitely a big loss for the club, but might be the best for his career. The third national player is with a cast since last June.

Comment

well good luck to one to bad for the other. hope he's back soon.

Comment

Amazing how some people get sick from others success. That kid Is playing with the academy 16's and he can play right wing or on top. The center mid is moving to argentina, definitely a big loss for the club, but might be the best for his career. The third national player is with a cast since last June.
        Like he said federation find he is 99. Off you go.

Comment

Like he said federation find he is 99. Off you go.
          Jaja you are funny, the kid is still in the 00 national pool, bozo !! I guess your midget son didn't made the team.

Comment

Jaja you are funny, the kid is still in the 00 national pool, bozo !! I guess your midget son didn't made the team.
            despite what u.s. soccer says it still looks for size and speed so average sized or little players aren't even being looked at. be grateful your kid is big for his age

Comment

despite what u.s. soccer says it still looks for size and speed so average sized or little players aren't even being looked at. be grateful your kid is big for his age
              I guess you are familiar with ODP camps, and yes this guys they don't have a clue what they are doing, that why they don't send anyone to the national team. By the way is not my kid, they play together at Weston, I just have a lot of respect for anyone that can compete at a national level and hate people that put down others success, specially when it comes from anonymous big mouths !

Comment

I guess you are familiar with ODP camps, and yes this guys they don't have a clue what they are doing, that why they don't send anyone to the national team. By the way is not my kid, they play together at Weston, I just have a lot of respect for anyone that can compete at a national level and hate people that put down others success, specially when it comes from anonymous big mouths !
                Dont know any of you but this is well said. Good job to the kid. I hope he makes it and sets an example for others to follow...remain humble.

Comment

Agreed! Its likely those poor parents whose kids did not make the academy teams coming on these boards stirring up the pot, trashing teams. FL academies are moving in the right direction trying to do things the right way and pull in and develop the top talent across the state. Tryouts are next June...see you then...
                  yes indeed. heading in the right direction. finally. good to see and glad we decided to get on board. very different than club soccer the whole way things are done and its nice to see the professionalism and lack of parent control. that is the worst part of youth soccer at most clubs and the DA for the most part is not influenced in this way. i like it. its good for the parents and especially good for the kids. development is happening and will continue to happen and those not on board or still against it will be way behind and may never catch up.

Comment

Why img has many 02 players and even 03?

Comment

Why so defensive? No one put this or any other kid down. It was a statement of objective fact ... if we're talking about the same kid he's big for his age relative to his peers, that's all it's not a put down (in contrast to you putting down kids--midget--who go through puberty later), it's a reality in reference to weight and height percentiles.

All players who hit puberty relatively early are extremely fortunate to have thus gained a huge advantage over their peers and no one is holding their temporary advantage against them (in fact it's quite the opposite, they benefit tremendously from that accident of circumstance). They should be grateful and take full advantage of opportunities made available to them before their peers hit puberty and they no longer have that physical advantage as the difference maker. That's why it's really, really difficult to project what a player will become until after puberty. Notice how only a fraction of the kids on past U14 YNTs are ever heard of again after the U17 age group? Make the most of the temporary advantage.

Comment

yes indeed. heading in the right direction. finally. good to see and glad we decided to get on board. very different than club soccer the whole way things are done and its nice to see the professionalism and lack of parent control. that is the worst part of youth soccer at most clubs and the DA for the most part is not influenced in this way. i like it. its good for the parents and especially good for the kids. development is happening and will continue to happen and those not on board or still against it will be way behind and may never catch up.
                        Catch up to what and for what purpose? Are you still buying into the dream of 10 year olds wanting to make a living playing a game of soccer in the U.S.?

Comment

Why so defensive? No one put this or any other kid down. It was a statement of objective fact ... if we're talking about the same kid he's big for his age relative to his peers, that's all it's not a put down (in contrast to you putting down kids--midget--who go through puberty later), it's a reality in reference to weight and height percentiles.

All players who hit puberty relatively early are extremely fortunate to have thus gained a huge advantage over their peers and no one is holding their temporary advantage against them (in fact it's quite the opposite, they benefit tremendously from that accident of circumstance). They should be grateful and take full advantage of opportunities made available to them before their peers hit puberty and they no longer have that physical advantage as the difference maker. That's why it's really, really difficult to project what a player will become until after puberty. Notice how only a fraction of the kids on past U14 YNTs are ever heard of again after the U17 age group? Make the most of the temporary advantage.
                          I don't make "statements" about things I don't know, if you have probe that the kid is a 99, show them to the federation and problem resolved. You are very naive if you think kids are in the national team because they are tall or fast, it requires a lot more than that; this kids are there because they are the best in their age, yes some have the advantage of being born first months of the year, early puberty, etc; however I will never use it as an excuse for my kid not being at the same level.

Comment

I don't make "statements" about things I don't know, if you have probe that the kid is a 99, show them to the federation and problem resolved. You are very naive if you think kids are in the national team because they are tall or fast, it requires a lot more than that; this kids are there because they are the best in their age, yes some have the advantage of being born first months of the year, early puberty, etc; however I will never use it as an excuse for my kid not being at the same level.
                            Really? Are you saying his early size was no issue? Are guy saying it is his skill and technical ability that got him looked at? He is not even in top 25 his age in Florida for those.

Comment

Really? Are you saying his early size was no issue? Are guy saying it is his skill and technical ability that got him looked at? He is not even in top 25 his age in Florida for those.
                              There is no case in continue arguing with you, is very obvious that either you don't know the kid, or you don't know the sport. Good luck buddy !

Comment

I'm not the same poster who is questioning the kid's age, and there's nothing in my post to even suggest that I'm calling his age into question. Take the time to read before you jump to conclusions and start attacking. Again, why so defensive? And again, please actually read before responding to a post. Nowhere in my previous post did I even suggest that the sole reason this kid (if we are referring to the same one) is on the YNT is because of early maturity. What I did point out as a matter of FACT is that he quite fortunately hit puberty before the majority of his peers and that's undoubtedly given him a huge competitive advantage. And he's benefiting from it. If it is the same kid we are talking about, he is a FANTASTIC player, but there's no doubt that his relatively pre-mature size and strength plays a very large part in his effectiveness.

Not knocking it or him, just pointing out a fact. And my earlier point still remains that the overwhelming majority of past U14 YNT players are never heard from again at the national, pro, or even semi-pro level after U17, again a statement of fact. Early puberty opens doors, but they frequently are slammed shut after peers go through puberty. Just make the most of these early opportunities and good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X