Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA League

In the USA League which region is C5, I was reading the USA League notes from their June meeting and it says no team in C5 will be allowed to host games, their home games will be played at a field in C3.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the USA League which region is C5, I was reading the USA League notes from their June meeting and it says no team in C5 will be allowed to host games, their home games will be played at a field in C3.
    USA league is in region C3. they wonder why they have defections year after year with that rec mentality...

Comment

FYSA shows Regions here:

http://www.fysa.com/about/EC_BOD/

C5 is Fort Myers/Naples.

Comment

C5 is the extreme SW corner of Florida. Naples, Ft. Myers, etc. C3 is just north of C5. Sarasota is pretty much at the southern end of C3. You can see the map here: http://www.fysa.com/about/find_a_local_club/

Comment

USA league tampa teams don't want to travel any further south than sarasota. that's what it comes down to.

the league was already poor in most age groups but with that ruling it's nothing more than just another local league and not trying to breed any form of competition.

there is no significant league in C5 so teams from that area i assume will play south florida and FSPL where applicable.

Comment

To me, the rule just says - "This is a Tampa Bay area league. Teams within an hour and a half of Tampa Bay have no worries. If you are beyond that distance, but still want to play in the league, fine - but your games are being moved to a location that is within an hour and a half of Tampa Bay. *If you are a D1 team, no worries - we will come to you, no matter the distance."

Seems reasonable to me.

Comment

it says D2 and D3 teams in C5 (Sarasota/Charlotte County line and South) must play 'home' ties at a C3 pitch (Sarasota cty north)

D1 teams still travel

The interesting one is Charlotte Premier, have two fields in CC. North County close to North Port and South County in Punta Gorda..............they are listed as C3.............will they be allowed to use North not South ????

Comment

What about eliminating the travel to Citrus County, Hernando Heat and Nature Coast. Al lof those drives are worse than driving to C5, at least C5 allows you to use the highway most of the way.

Comment

It's all a ploy to get more games hosted at Premier Sports Campus in Lakewood Ranch.

It wasn't too many years ago Region Cup opening round was hosted in Naples.

Comment

It's all a ploy to get more games hosted at Premier Sports Campus in Lakewood Ranch.

It wasn't too many years ago Region Cup opening round was hosted in Naples.
                    If so, it's a ploy I support 1000%. I don't like driving to Lakewood Ranch, but I hate, hate, HATE driving to Ft. Myers/Naples/etc. for a stupid league game.

Comment

If so, it's a ploy I support 1000%. I don't like driving to Lakewood Ranch, but I hate, hate, HATE driving to Ft. Myers/Naples/etc. for a stupid league game.

will your beat up ol truck not get you and the hillbillies down from Homosassa then ?

Maybe some people don't like driving north of Tampa either

Comment

will your beat up ol truck not get you and the hillbillies down from Homosassa then ?

Maybe some people don't like driving north of Tampa either
                        The drive to Bartow has to be the worst. Surely.

Comment

There should not be long drives to play games in the USA League, your basically playing advanced recreational soccer, so no need to travel the state to play long ball ugly soccer.

Comment

Which clubs will have the best u11 boys in the USA league?

Comment

There should not be long drives to play games in the USA League, your basically playing advanced recreational soccer, so no need to travel the state to play long ball ugly soccer.
                              It's two hours from Tampa to Ft Myers. If that's too long a drive then why travel at all. Flugsa will still travel to C-5 (from Region A) and it's better competition.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X