Central Florida - 03/04 Boys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entries are posted. Looks like a good turnout for the Jr ages, but not much in the senior ages but that is to be expected as many have state cup next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Inaugural Greater Tampa 3v3 Challenge

April 17/18, 2010

Keith Waller Park, 1100 Sydney Dover Rd. Dover FL 33527

Hosted by the Valrico Soccer Club

ages U6 thru Adult

early entry fee of $165 early on or before April 8

4 games minimum per team

Individual awards for first 3 teams in Each Division

All U10 and younger players get individual awards

Free Official Tournament T-shirt for all players

Early Entry Deadline Midnight Thursday April 8 (at discounted entry fee)

Entries will be accepted through Monday April 12

HOST HOTEL - Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa East (813) 630-4321 more hotel information

On the road to the 3v3 Challenge Nationals at

Disney’s Wide World of Sports® Complex July 29 - August 1, 2010. Top 4 teams in each Division qualify for Nationals
      Last day to sign up. Weather should be great.

Comment

Central Florida - 03/04 Boys

1) Best club in Central Florida for current U9 boys (U10 next season)?
        2) What was your coaching like?
        3) Anyone from Rush or Maitland or OCYS going to FKK? If so from which club and why?

Appreciate the opinions.

Comment

1) Best club in Central Florida for current U9 boys (U10 next season)?
          2) What was your coaching like?
          3) Anyone from Rush or Maitland or OCYS going to FKK? If so from which club and why?

Appreciate the opinions.
          Was at OCYS this year. coaching was inconsistent and poorly managed. Will be trying out at FKK.

Comment

That's the age group for my son, from my understanding JA.will be coaching the age group at FKK, supposedly a good coach for the youth. Personally wanting my son to stay with JM at FCA, depending on the field issues if our boys staid together with some quality additions he would have a very good group that could grow. If the field issue force my hand I'm not sure what to do with my boy living actually in FKK territory means it would be a choice of Sanford or central winds.

Comment

That's the age group for my son, from my understanding JA.will be coaching the age group at FKK, supposedly a good coach for the youth. Personally wanting my son to stay with JM at FCA, depending on the field issues if our boys staid together with some quality additions he would have a very good group that could grow. If the field issue force my hand I'm not sure what to do with my boy living actually in FKK territory means it would be a choice of Sanford or central winds.
              If its true about JA coaching, I would strongly recommend FKK. Excellent coach. Great with the kids. Truly cares about all of his players.

Comment

If its true about JA coaching, I would strongly recommend FKK. Excellent coach. Great with the kids. Truly cares about all of his players.
                I would not recommend him, he or his buddy started this thread to talk about himself so he can try and persuade parents to come join a team to build for his kid. OC is great in that age group. I am stunned that you are on here talking about the little kids.

Comment

I would not recommend him, he or his buddy started this thread to talk about himself so he can try and persuade parents to come join a team to build for his kid. OC is great in that age group. I am stunned that you are on here talking about the little kids.
                  Stunned? What are you reading? Put the pipe down dude. Simply stating JA is an exceptional coach.

Comment

JA is a very good coach and good with kids, but his son is 8. I would bet money he will be coaching a U9 boys team next season at FKK

Comment

Stunned? What are you reading? Put the pipe down dude. Simply stating JA is an exceptional coach.
                      If you want the best in that age group, you know where to go and it isn't fkk. What I was told if I didn't think my kid was going to be messi, then there is no need to be at OC, but honestly I want my boy there for the environment and the training. He may want to play DA or even do more or he may quit but if I can get him good training at OC that is where I will stay.

Comment

If you want the best in that age group, you know where to go and it isn't fkk. What I was told if I didn't think my kid was going to be messi, then there is no need to be at OC, but honestly I want my boy there for the environment and the training. He may want to play DA or even do more or he may quit but if I can get him good training at OC that is where I will stay.
                        Your not going to get good training at that age group at OC unless you go to the Seminole Soccer complex.

Comment

That's the age group for my son.... Personally wanting my son to stay with JM at FCA, depending on the field issues if our boys staid together with some quality additions he would have a very good group that could grow. If the field issue force my hand I'm not sure what to do with my boy living actually in FKK territory means it would be a choice of Sanford or central winds.
                          OCYS pooled their U9s this year and hardly ever put their best group out together. They would have taken the FCA Premier Black team apart. The Rush team would have been interesting.

Also remember that 8v8 is not far away and soon you will be needing more than 1 or 2 quality additions. FCA is a dead program with no fields.

Comment

OCYS pooled their U9s this year and hardly ever put their best group out together. They would have taken the FCA Premier Black team apart. The Rush team would have been interesting.

Also remember that 8v8 is not far away and soon you will be needing more than 1 or 2 quality additions. FCA is a dead program with no fields.
                            Simply not true. OC has a very good pool of U9 boys, but to say they would have easily beat FCA's U9 Premier (the black is the B team) is laughable. FCA's U9s have a strong starting line-up and easily beat both U9 OC teams (that were mixes of the top players). They also easily beat all the U10 regional teams. I am not knocking OCs boys in any way as I know several and they are good players, but FCA has a very strong group of 5 players that I would put up against any of the OC U9s and expect a good match up. OC also has the top goalie u9 around Orlando and if it were not for him the scores would have been even more lopsided.

Comment

Simply not true. OC has a very good pool of U9 boys, but to say they would have easily beat FCA's U9 Premier (the black is the B team) is laughable. FCA's U9s have a strong starting line-up and easily beat both U9 OC teams (that were mixes of the top players). They also easily beat all the U10 regional teams. I am not knocking OCs boys in any way as I know several and they are good players, but FCA has a very strong group of 5 players that I would put up against any of the OC U9s and expect a good match up. OC also has the top goalie u9 around Orlando and if it were not for him the scores would have been even more lopsided.
                              The OC U9 group consisted of 20+ "pre-academy" players and then guests from the regional groups. The ability levels within the pre-academy group varied hugely even before adding the regional players. Huge drop after the top dozen players.

Also OC never played the same roster twice and often not for the same coach. This gave the opposition a substantial advantage to established teams.

OC has 2 very good GKs, not just one.

Comment

Hope they would the Premier Black is the second team, (although admittedly 3 or 4 premier boys play every match due to numbers) the premier team on the other hand with all the team only lost one match against a u10 team in your YDL not that they really got to play any good sides. the two times they played supposedly kids who were counted as a mixture of purple and white U9 won both times. Last time in the jamboree 6-2. But I'm not arguing that OC. pooled their kids and have good players. And if they all played 6v6 together all season they would have a strong side. I'm just saying there are a core of 5 players who when all on the field together do very well, we just need a few more quality additions even for 6v6 to be a decent little side.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X