X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have three rules for my parents.

1: Never under any circumstances approach me after a game.
    2: Never under any circumstances question a coaching decision that I make.
    3: Never under any circumstances assume you know more than me.

As long as they follow these three simple rules we will be ok.
    What if one of your child's teachers told you those rules to not have Teachers Pets. Would it raise a red flag? Would you feel like you are not a partner in your child's education? Seems there could be better ways to communicate with your parents. Maybe say it jokingly and then explain your rationale.

Comment

What if one of your child's teachers told you those rules to not have Teachers Pets. Would it raise a red flag? Would you feel like you are not a partner in your child's education? Seems there could be better ways to communicate with your parents. Maybe say it jokingly and then explain your rationale.
      And this why I do not speak to parents. I am
      sure most of your coaches follow my three rules as well.

Comment

And this why I do not speak to parents. I am
        sure most of your coaches follow my three rules as well.
        Just stick to TS advice from parents. You might get an idea and not be swayed to sin or give up integrity.

Comment

I have three rules for my parents.

1: Never under any circumstances approach me after a game.
          2: Never under any circumstances question a coaching decision that I make.
          3: Never under any circumstances assume you know more than me.

As long as they follow these three simple rules we will be ok.
          It seems you have forgotten the basic rules about customer relationships. Yrs the parents are the customers and I'd tell you to kiss my *****.

Comment

It seems you have forgotten the basic rules about customer relationships. Yrs the parents are the customers and I'd tell you to kiss my *****.
            I seriously doubt your kid could make my team.

Comment

My daughter's female coach has nice t!ts.

Comment

And there in lies the problem and why American soccer stinks. You parents think because you pay your kids deserve to play. If you feel that way then play rec. Competitive soccer is just that. Europe rules in soccer because they weed out all the crap They have no problem telling you when your kid is 7 years old that he has no talent and should pursue another sport or hobby

Comment

And there in lies the problem and why American soccer stinks. You parents think because you pay your kids deserve to play. If you feel that way then play rec. Competitive soccer is just that. Europe rules in soccer because they weed out all the crap They have no problem telling you when your kid is 7 years old that he has no talent and should pursue another sport or hobby
                  But, this is America and we want what we pay for- quality coaches who can communicate with parents. Parents pay for football, gymnastics, tennis, and every sport here and they expect you to develop them not measure their potential by 7.

Comment

What do I want from a coach? I want one that is prepared for practice and not just winging it. I want one that does not find it neccessary to spend 15-20 minutes of practice speaking to other coaches, parents or someone on his phone. I want the coach who is just not out there to make a few extra bucks and actually enjoys his time with the kids. I want the coach that makes my kid want to go to practice and wants to practice on his own time. I want the coach that at the end of the year, both me and my kid can say it was a fun year.

Comment

Coaching Education

Coaches should be educated. There are established standards what coaches should know and be able to do. How many coaches you know would fit these standards below?

http://www.shapeamerica.org/admin/lo...le&pageid=4574[/U]

Comment

Originally posted by Just a Coach View Post
                        Coaches should be educated. There are established standards what coaches should know and be able to do. How many coaches you know would fit these standards below?

http://www.shapeamerica.org/admin/lo...le&pageid=4574[/U]
                        Very nice. Thank you Just a Coach.

Comment

What do I want from a coach? I want one that is prepared for practice and not just winging it. I want one that does not find it neccessary to spend 15-20 minutes of practice speaking to other coaches, parents or someone on his phone. I want the coach who is just not out there to make a few extra bucks and actually enjoys his time with the kids. I want the coach that makes my kid want to go to practice and wants to practice on his own time. I want the coach that at the end of the year, both me and my kid can say it was a fun year.
                          Just follow my three rules and that will be your result.

Comment

But, this is America and we want what we pay for- quality coaches who can communicate with parents. Parents pay for football, gymnastics, tennis, and every sport here and they expect you to develop them not measure their potential by 7.
                            All most of these post are doing is backing up the very original post. Parents who think they are customers and simply don't get it. Just stay out of the way and enjoy your watching your kid play. If you are not happy leave. If your kid is that good trust me he will be found. he will play in college. If not hopefully he had a great experience and learned some life lessons.

Comment

All most of these post are doing is backing up the very original post. Parents who think they are customers and simply don't get it. Just stay out of the way and enjoy your watching your kid play. If you are not happy leave. If your kid is that good trust me he will be found. he will play in college. If not hopefully he had a great experience and learned some life lessons.
                              I would welcome someone like you on my team.

Comment

Are you an employee of the parents or do you volunteer as a coach? Before I respond i would like to have all the facts.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X