Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Everybody has the freedom to tryout anywhere they want during tryout season. After you commit to a team, FYSA requires you to fulfill your obligation to that team so that teams remain viable for a full season. Nothing worse than having 5 of 14 players decide to quit a team mid-season.
    that is a valid real scenario.

On the other hand, what if a coach picks 21 players for a team of max 18, then does not disclose or is not transparent about roster upfront?

I have seen several clubs and coaches mis-using this rule, taking advantage to swindle free money from parents.

Comment

If you ran a club that had expenses and a budget how would you meet your budget and allow players to play anytime anywhere as you more than likely would never see much of the registration you charge?
      Coached at the comp level some years back. Always allowed my players to guest play where ever and whenever they wanted with two caveats:

1:) Cant interfere with our game schedules.
      2:) Be up front and honest regarding who you are playing with and when

Interestingly enough I never lost players year to year with this approach, in fact it attracted more families and players to our team and club.

Comment

Everybody has the freedom to tryout anywhere they want during tryout season. After you commit to a team, FYSA requires you to fulfill your obligation to that team so that teams remain viable for a full season. Nothing worse than having 5 of 14 players decide to quit a team mid-season.
        This is fine with clubs that are serious and post teams after tryouts. You commit and you know where you stand.

Unfortunately, FYSA rules are made assuming all clubs are serious. Ha! Many clubs do not hold tryouts, or if they do, do not tell you clearly the composition of the teams until months after, or in some cases following registration. Some clubs tell you one thing in June, get you to register, and then in August the team looks very different. FYSA should hold the clubs accountable and permit free movement of players if the clubs misrepresent or fail to follow guidelines (tryouts, clearly posting teams, etc)

Comment

Coached at the comp level some years back. Always allowed my players to guest play where ever and whenever they wanted with two caveats:

1:) Cant interfere with our game schedules.
          2:) Be up front and honest regarding who you are playing with and when

Interestingly enough I never lost players year to year with this approach, in fact it attracted more families and players to our team and club.
          We need more coaches who are like you. America is successful in areas where it practiced this freedom approach. Running clubs and balancing their revenue / expense sheets by holding players hostages will never ever help the clubs to prosper or soccer to prosper...

Comment

We need more coaches who are like you. America is successful in areas where it practiced this freedom approach. Running clubs and balancing their revenue / expense sheets by holding players hostages will never ever help the clubs to prosper or soccer to prosper...
            I totally agree.

Comment

This is fine with clubs that are serious and post teams after tryouts. You commit and you know where you stand.

Unfortunately, FYSA rules are made assuming all clubs are serious. Ha! Many clubs do not hold tryouts, or if they do, do not tell you clearly the composition of the teams until months after, or in some cases following registration. Some clubs tell you one thing in June, get you to register, and then in August the team looks very different. FYSA should hold the clubs accountable and permit free movement of players if the clubs misrepresent or fail to follow guidelines (tryouts, clearly posting teams, etc)

This is Crazy! I would run to another club if ASAP if that is how business is conducted. Be upfront!

Comment

This is Crazy! I would run to another club if ASAP if that is how business is conducted. Be upfront!
                I did. But lost my registration.

Comment

I did. But lost my registration.
                  Money well Spent

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X