Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Florida Salary of the DOC's

This thread out to surprise and shock some people.

What DOC is paid the highest in South Florida? No names needed please.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This thread out to surprise and shock some people.

What DOC is paid the highest in South Florida? No names needed please.
    I was much more shocked to learn what the average Verizon employee makes after I paid $450 a month for service. Does it really matter what they make? WHo cares?

Comment

I was much more shocked to learn what the average Verizon employee makes after I paid $450 a month for service. Does it really matter what they make? WHo cares?
      Considering fees from all clubs have gone up so so much past 4 years. Yea, I kind of think it does matter since it is the parents footing the bill.

here are some fees at clubs just fyi.

$3,000
      $2,500
      $1,500
      $1,350
      $1,750
      $1,950

why for 10 months of travel soccer?
      Why so the DOC can line their pockets?
      A lot of coaches get paid peanuts, ( $150-300.00 ) a month.
      So yes it is nice to know what the DOC's of big clubs are getting.

Comment

Are you going to take your kid out of soccer because of what the DOC is paid??
        Probably not, so who cares what they make cause you are paying for it anyways because you want your kid to be the next Messi.

Comment

Are you going to take your kid out of soccer because of what the DOC is paid??
          Probably not, so who cares what they make cause you are paying for it anyways because you want your kid to be the next Messi.

WOW, looks like some clubs do not want that disclosed.

So if some are paid $50-95k who cares?
          If fees go up to $ 3500-4000.00 who cares pay it. We all have the next Messi's right?
          I thought most DOC's are approved by a BOD?
          It is my understanding the parents vote at each club each year for new people right?

My apologies if a nerve was touched, not the intent.
          The purpose was to see WHY they are getting that since some European DOC's of professional clubs are getting less than some South Florida DOC's.
          Fee's, salaries, etc are all relative to what the clubs charge.

Comment

Considering fees from all clubs have gone up so so much past 4 years. Yea, I kind of think it does matter since it is the parents footing the bill.

here are some fees at clubs just fyi.

$3,000
            $2,500
            $1,500
            $1,350
            $1,750
            $1,950

why for 10 months of travel soccer?
            Why so the DOC can line their pockets?
            A lot of coaches get paid peanuts, ( $150-300.00 ) a month.
            So yes it is nice to know what the DOC's of big clubs are getting.
            We only pay $850! Sounds cost-effective to me.

Comment

YOU decide whether to pay the fees or not. YOU know the price. if you don't like don't buy it.

I buy many things and have never cared who makes what salary where? Outside of the public sector where you are forced to buy and elect official who set prices, someone's salary not my business.

GET OFF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

We only pay $850! Sounds cost-effective to me.
                Yeah, and your club sucks

Comment

I'd say they aren't paid enough if they have to deal with people like the Original Poster. I know you thought you would receive this overwhelming response of mad parents paying outrages fees but the Verizon guy has a valid point. Are you demanding the CEO of VZ or sprint receive lower compensation, NFL players/owners, and on and on and on. If you are shopping clubs for the price I'm sure you can lower your cost. Is soccer expensive? Yes. But it's not driven substantially higher by the DOC compensation.

Comment

So then answer this.
                    Ask anyone on the USSF soccer staff about the mind of the "florida player".
                    They will tell you Florida players are very very good technical wise.
                    Ask them to make a decision on the field "tactical" forget it, they have no idea.
                    Why is it Florida is 10th and falling fast at placing kids on the national youth USSF teams?
                    Why is it Florida, especially South Florida has more clubs within 65 miles than anyone in the entire country?

It is crystal clear. $$$$$ and the salary of the DOC's drive the fees and the clubs. FYSA will not close down clubs that have less than 10 teams. So in essence they suffer and make those small fees from the small clubs, that go nowhere and do nothing year after year.
                    3 teams in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach. We would kick butt all over the place.
                    The DOC's come in with the BIG resume's from Europe. They come from there since they cannot get $$$ they want there so they come here, fine. But then why can no club, not 1 place on their own website and be proud of it the # of kids that their own club has produced and developed and put into Europe? Not 1 club does that. I guess you might say an "alumni" section. Wouldn't clubs be proud of that?

Or, is it really then, that many, if not very, very, few from Florida get placed in Europe.
                    Listen I have no issue with kids going to Europe. What I have an issue is several DOC's in South Florida that say they have
                    UEFA... this I have contacts..bla bla bla
                    USSF A..this
                    etc.
                    If a DOC is really good HE/SHE will hire coaches that can listen and do what the DOC wants and the parents see the benefits on the field. Let's face it. The kids for the most part know how to play right? How much training do they need after 15?

Comment

Seems like there's some DOC's already trolling TS to make it seem like a bunch of people don't care. I've got a boy and a girl. He does baseball, she does soccer. The batting coach gets $100/hr, while the Manager takes some off the top over the summer showcases. I'm cool with that. The good things is that overhead of a DOC hasn't pop'd its dirty little head in baseball. The baseball world is small, so you can see the kids he trains, and he's had D1 and MLB draftees. Based on what I know, his boys have had signing bonuses of at least 7 figures, maybe 8.

The Soccer world has a coach who trains the team with a DOC that supposedly oversees the all training and ensures a style of play is used. That's great, but my girl has seen the DOC over the last 6 years, twice. Has a matter of fact, the latest one hasn't been to one of her games in three years, or regular practice. Although, he did see one scrimmage in three years. The team is not a top team, but not bad either. She's also one of the captains/starters. They've been ranked consistently in the top 20 over the three years, and she's been asked to play for three different clubs. I overheard one of the Board members asking the DOC who was in ODP, and his response was, "I don't know". Really? I don"t know.

To sum it all up. This is why there's no faith in DOC's. What the hell do they do, if they attend one scrimmage in three years, and no games or practices over that time? It might be different at other clubs, but I've heard pretty similar experiences. If there's one DOC that can keep track of ODP players, attend a couple of games for each team in the club each year, have great contacts with college and pro scouts and actually provide free training a few times over the year with top players and coaches; that's what I would call a real DOC. He'll set a tone for the club. You don't do that, then you are a loser. If you don't do that, you add no value to any of your teams. This is why the baseball model works better. Much less overhead and costs with a much higher potential for return. Of course, you have to find the right coaches.

Comment

So then answer this.
                        Ask anyone on the USSF soccer staff about the mind of the "florida player".
                        They will tell you Florida players are very very good technical wise.
                        Ask them to make a decision on the field "tactical" forget it, they have no idea.
                        Why is it Florida is 10th and falling fast at placing kids on the national youth USSF teams?
                        Why is it Florida, especially South Florida has more clubs within 65 miles than anyone in the entire country?

It is crystal clear. $$$$$ and the salary of the DOC's drive the fees and the clubs. FYSA will not close down clubs that have less than 10 teams. So in essence they suffer and make those small fees from the small clubs, that go nowhere and do nothing year after year.
                        3 teams in Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach. We would kick butt all over the place.
                        The DOC's come in with the BIG resume's from Europe. They come from there since they cannot get $$$ they want there so they come here, fine. But then why can no club, not 1 place on their own website and be proud of it the # of kids that their own club has produced and developed and put into Europe? Not 1 club does that. I guess you might say an "alumni" section. Wouldn't clubs be proud of that?

Or, is it really then, that many, if not very, very, few from Florida get placed in Europe.
                        Listen I have no issue with kids going to Europe. What I have an issue is several DOC's in South Florida that say they have
                        UEFA... this I have contacts..bla bla bla
                        USSF A..this
                        etc.
                        If a DOC is really good HE/SHE will hire coaches that can listen and do what the DOC wants and the parents see the benefits on the field. Let's face it. The kids for the most part know how to play right? How much training do they need after 15?
                        Our doc in cf makes at least 100k a year plus he has taken salaries additional to that from other clubs.

Comment

Our DOC makes 70k and I've seen him at the field 4-5 times in the past year. Haven't seen him at a game yet.

Comment

Our DOC makes 70k and I've seen him at the field 4-5 times in the past year. Haven't seen him at a game yet.
                            West pines has the worst doc in Florida. He has destroyed the club.

Comment

DOC pay

The surprising news to most of the Florida soccer people is that the DOC pay and the Coaches salaries are some of the least paid in the U.S. In Texas the Average DOC salary is close to 100,000 a year. The Average Coach is paid approximately 1200. a month per team and most Coaches have 3 teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X