Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wrong again! anytime you write a check for $3,000 you can and will have influence on the program. The headcount is well short of they wanted and expected. I promise you they will take phone calls and parent meetings to keep everyone happy.
    Best statement on this thread you think they are not going to take phone calls after people are paying 3k lmao your one of the parents only paying the technical uni class on friday's 1k a year lol they will take the phone call and bend please note this is not spain they want to make it unitl next year correct !

Comment

No idea whether the program is any good. But keeping the parents away from the coaches and kids should be mandatory. Another idea, make parents sit 10 yards away from the next nearest parent, would solve most every other problem.
      Ha. See those 3 or 4 parents together every game, trouble brewing. I did it one year, still ashamed.

Comment

Any comments on the actual training going on. Any different from the club and does it warrent the high price tag?

Comment

Any comments on the actual training going on. Any different from the club and does it warrent the high price tag?
          Honestly, it is too early to tell with only two practices so far. Practices are very organized with lots of instruction provided (that's why we signed up so far so good). The very best coach my son ever had also did this, but all the rest pretty much explained the drills and let them at it, rarely if ever correcting or placing the skill worked on in game context as his best coach did and they seem to be doing at Barca.

So too early to really give an opinion yet, but what can be said is so far the coaching is on a par with the best my son ever had and so vastly superior to all his others. But for the $1k premium, we'll see ....

Comment

Honestly, it is too early to tell with only two practices so far. Practices are very organized with lots of instruction provided (that's why we signed up so far so good). The very best coach my son ever had also did this, but all the rest pretty much explained the drills and let them at it, rarely if ever correcting or placing the skill worked on in game context as his best coach did and they seem to be doing at Barca.

So too early to really give an opinion yet, but what can be said is so far the coaching is on a par with the best my son ever had and so vastly superior to all his others. But for the $1k premium, we'll see ....
            thanks for the feedback. I was registered, but pulled back when I saw the low numbers and combining of age groups. What do you think of the talent level of the kids you are seeing?

Comment

thanks for the feedback. I was registered, but pulled back when I saw the low numbers and combining of age groups. What do you think of the talent level of the kids you are seeing?
              How or where did you see the low numbers and combining of age groups? Had I seen that, I might have made a different decision also.

Comment

How or where did you see the low numbers and combining of age groups? Had I seen that, I might have made a different decision also.
                I called Kaptiva Sports, and they told me that they are keeping it small to focus on the kids. This concerned me, since I was told the originally plan was to have 8 teams per age group. When asked how many kids they have per age groups for the older ones, the said only three, and that is after combining two age groups. So only 15 kids per age group. When asked how will they do the weekly scrimmages with the other teams their age, they said they will have to scrimmage the local travel teams.

I do not mind paying more for something, providing that it is better than what I am currently getting. I just figured the two practice days of an hour and 15 minutes, better be really special to be worth paying dubble of what I am currently getting. The scrimmages with local travel teams I already have in playing a league.

It is still possible those the practice days are really special, and that is what I would like to find out. I asked a guy I knew, and he said they were good. He mentioned the kids doing juggles to warm up, and I was thinking, what a waste of valuable time to start juggling when you are paying so much money for a 75 minute session. Still open to hear how those practices are going.

Comment

I called Kaptiva Sports, and they told me that they are keeping it small to focus on the kids. This concerned me, since I was told the originally plan was to have 8 teams per age group. When asked how many kids they have per age groups for the older ones, the said only three, and that is after combining two age groups. So only 15 kids per age group. When asked how will they do the weekly scrimmages with the other teams their age, they said they will have to scrimmage the local travel teams.

I do not mind paying more for something, providing that it is better than what I am currently getting. I just figured the two practice days of an hour and 15 minutes, better be really special to be worth paying dubble of what I am currently getting. The scrimmages with local travel teams I already have in playing a league.

It is still possible those the practice days are really special, and that is what I would like to find out. I asked a guy I knew, and he said they were good. He mentioned the kids doing juggles to warm up, and I was thinking, what a waste of valuable time to start juggling when you are paying so much money for a 75 minute session. Still open to hear how those practices are going.
                  So much for no parent interaction or watching from the sideline. Nice to know Mom knows the best warmup drills. Nothing ever changes with soccer parents. They first proclaim its so much different and the next second talking about wasting time juggling the ball on their time. Same old thing.

Comment

So much for no parent interaction or watching from the sideline. Nice to know Mom knows the best warmup drills. Nothing ever changes with soccer parents. They first proclaim its so much different and the next second talking about wasting time juggling the ball on their time. Same old thing.
                    It may not be perfect and you're never going to please everyone, but in just the first week my son is raving about how much he's learning from his coach who has corrected a few things he's been doing wrong for years yet not one coach has taught him the proper way until this week.

People (who apparently aren't even registered and paying anything) on here complaining and moaning about the cost of the program. Well, I've paid thousands and thousands (and thousands) of dollars over these past few years for top flight coaching at clubs and not ONE coach has taught or corrected the things his escola did in just the first week! So far, money well spent at escola, clubs, not so much.

Comment

It may not be perfect and you're never going to please everyone, but in just the first week my son is raving about how much he's learning from his coach who has corrected a few things he's been doing wrong for years yet not one coach has taught him the proper way until this week.

People (who apparently aren't even registered and paying anything) on here complaining and moaning about the cost of the program. Well, I've paid thousands and thousands (and thousands) of dollars over these past few years for top flight coaching at clubs and not ONE coach has taught or corrected the things his escola did in just the first week! So far, money well spent at escola, clubs, not so much.
                      similar experience here. very happy with the teaching so far

Comment

similar experience here. very happy with the teaching so far
                        Make that three. We are Very pleased with the training and the teaching environment. And the games today were fantastic. Best part is the parents being taken out of the equation. No sideline coaching, no yelling from your lawn chair. One parent tried today and was quickly corrected and that nonsense was halted. The boys are enjoying themselves and it is all about them and their development. Not mom and dad's ego.

Comment

make that four. Amazing soccer on display today! Great environment for the kids too!

Comment

I know the cost of the program is too high for many families (us too) and others want competitive games each week so didn't join but that's a shame for their kids because they are really teaching them the nuances of the game. I've been around soccer for decades and my kid is coming home from practices teaching me things I never even knew. I know several players are doing both the Barcelona program and club and that's probably the perfect arrangement where they can learn things at the program that no club coach is teaching and probably don't even know themselves and still get to compete in games. I wish I could do that for my child but we've had to make sacrifices to join the Barcelona program but it's definitely been worth it so far, his game intelligence has noticeably increased this week and learned some proper techniques.

Even during yesterday's game his coach was correcting and teaching during every stoppage of play. The best part is that during our rides home he excitedly shares with me what he just learned at that practice or game. For our family the price is very high but again for us it's worth the sacrifices--not eating out as much, movies, etc, which are fleeting but his enjoyment and learning at the Barcelona program will last a lifetime.

Comment

I must say we are very happy so far with the Escola. Having a coach being the ref during saturdays scrimmage was priceless. We are here to learn and develop not trample over an opponent and have a victory without learning the true way of playing the game. In the future my kids will be able to use what they are currently learning in another scenario..

I do believe the technification program has to be divided better according to the kids level. Im sure that will come in the next few weeks.

In summary I am very happy with my decision to leave club soccer for this developmental project.

Comment

I must say we are very happy so far with the Escola. Having a coach being the ref during saturdays scrimmage was priceless. .
                                ??? not really, I think it was $3,000.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X