Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing of the guard: Sweeping leadership changes made at Region I meeting

ROCKVILLE, Md. – After decades of service, several familiar faces are departing important leadership roles atop US Youth Soccer’s Region I, starting with long-serving regional director Bob Palmeiro.

That was just one of many changes which surfaced at the organization’s annual general meeting – which stretched well over two hours in length – at a Maryland hotel on Friday during the US Youth Soccer National Championships.

Adele Dolansky, a living legend in girls soccer, announced at the end of the meeting that next month she will step down from Region I’s administrator post, a role she has held for three decades.

Meanwhile it was also revealed that her daughter Michelle, the organization’s bookkeeper and website manger, had resigned from her duties earlier in the week. And deputy director Joe Robb has also stepped back from his position due to illness.

A dedicated but at times polarizing figure, the Rhode Island-based Palmeiro has long led Region I, which includes Virginia, West Virginia and all other states to the north and east. But he was absent at Friday’s meeting, which was brought to order by deputy director Tim Miller in an interim capacity.

Palmeiro’s absence was not explicitly explained, but an election was later held to fill his old position, with western Pennsylvania representative Natalie Schwoeble winning after running unopposed as the only nominee. But Miller alluded to a range of wider upheavals in his opening remarks.

“It’s been a tough year and a very challenging year,” said Miller, stating that in his opinion the organization had undergone the most change it has experienced in more than 20 years. “Bob was a larger-than-life figure and we’ve all pulled together one way or another.”

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ROCKVILLE, Md. – After decades of service, several familiar faces are departing important leadership roles atop US Youth Soccer’s Region I, starting with long-serving regional director Bob Palmeiro.

That was just one of many changes which surfaced at the organization’s annual general meeting – which stretched well over two hours in length – at a Maryland hotel on Friday during the US Youth Soccer National Championships.

Adele Dolansky, a living legend in girls soccer, announced at the end of the meeting that next month she will step down from Region I’s administrator post, a role she has held for three decades.

Meanwhile it was also revealed that her daughter Michelle, the organization’s bookkeeper and website manger, had resigned from her duties earlier in the week. And deputy director Joe Robb has also stepped back from his position due to illness.

A dedicated but at times polarizing figure, the Rhode Island-based Palmeiro has long led Region I, which includes Virginia, West Virginia and all other states to the north and east. But he was absent at Friday’s meeting, which was brought to order by deputy director Tim Miller in an interim capacity.

Palmeiro’s absence was not explicitly explained, but an election was later held to fill his old position, with western Pennsylvania representative Natalie Schwoeble winning after running unopposed as the only nominee. But Miller alluded to a range of wider upheavals in his opening remarks.

“It’s been a tough year and a very challenging year,” said Miller, stating that in his opinion the organization had undergone the most change it has experienced in more than 20 years. “Bob was a larger-than-life figure and we’ve all pulled together one way or another.”
    Term Limits!!!

We have the same problem in our youth organization.

Comment

Term Limits!!!

We have the same problem in our youth organization.
      Not to mention Congress~

Comment

Too little. Too late.

Comment

Perhaps one of you could tell us why this is important

Comment

When is US Club Soccer going to make similar changes around here? The league set up the powers that be around here have established is far more stupid than anything Region 1 has ever come up with.

Comment

Perhaps one of you could tell us why this is important
              You may find this hard to believe but some people still participate in USYSA and Region 1 events. Just B and C teams but you would be surprised.

Comment

You may find this hard to believe but some people still participate in USYSA and Region 1 events. Just B and C teams but you would be surprised.
                USYSA is on life support right now.

Comment

USYSA is on life support right now.
                  They were hoping a brain transplant would work after the corpse has already been cold for 2 years.

Comment

You may find this hard to believe but you are a pompous, arrogant douche. There will still be quality A teams that participate in USYSA and Region 1 events, either because they choose not to follow the herd to NEP/NPL/US Club, or they would like to but are simply too small to gain admission. The reality is that once you get past the big club's A teams, what you have left in NEP/US Club are the big club's B, C, D, E and F teams. To label all teams remaining in USYSA as B and C teams is both insulting and just plain wrong.

If you think your choice is right, then power to you. Move on and enjoy. I just don't get why folks like you have to crap all over others and their decisions.

Comment

Did the leadership change because

1. The rumored merging of Regions
                      2. The leadership did something unethical or illegal
                      3. Just ordinary attrition

Comment

You may find this hard to believe but you are a pompous, arrogant douche. There will still be quality A teams that participate in USYSA and Region 1 events, either because they choose not to follow the herd to NEP/NPL/US Club, or they would like to but are simply too small to gain admission. The reality is that once you get past the big club's A teams, what you have left in NEP/US Club are the big club's B, C, D, E and F teams. To label all teams remaining in USYSA as B and C teams is both insulting and just plain wrong.

If you think your choice is right, then power to you. Move on and enjoy. I just don't get why folks like you have to crap all over others and their decisions.
                        USYSA has now been relegated to a lower tiered organization. College recruiters will not be looking at their leagues and players, that is a fact. Move your player out as soon as possible. There has already been a mass exodus to US Club.Believe me on this.

Comment

USYSA has now been relegated to a lower tiered organization. College recruiters will not be looking at their leagues and players, that is a fact. Move your player out as soon as possible. There has already been a mass exodus to US Club.Believe me on this.
                          Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. The college recruiters will go where ever there is talent that they can believe will help their club. This is the same BS the ECNL throws out. Don't lie!

Comment

Absolutely wrong, wrong, wrong. The college recruiters will go where ever there is talent that they can believe will help their club. This is the same BS the ECNL throws out. Don't lie!
                            I was at regionals at URI and on the boys side there were only a handful of college coaches. Of those who were there, only a few Division 1 coaches.

Comment

I was at regionals at URI and on the boys side there were only a handful of college coaches. Of those who were there, only a few Division 1 coaches.
                              The only college coaches at URI were people who were directly involved with the event. USYSA events (including nationals) are nowhere on college coaches' recruiting radar unless the event is literally in the same town as their office. Even then, they ain't bringing a clipboard LOL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X