Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This weekend the Stars cut a player from their team who had been told not to play high school soccer. She is a freshman at a high school that was a state finalist last year, with a team that has a good coach. But she didn't try out, per the Stars mandate, and now has been cut from that team.

I am not a Stars basher, but you have got to be kidding me.
    In particular, which Stars team are we talking about here? I assume either U15 ECNL or U15 NPL?

Comment

Not true! The girls are being asked not to play but there in no way JD has cut anybody from team for playing high school. Only consequences girls will see for playing high school is less playing time and possibly not starting anymore. Girls who participated in JD's high school fall program will be rewarded.
      How will they be rewarded?

Comment

Not true! The girls are being asked not to play but there in no way JD has cut anybody from team for playing high school. Only consequences girls will see for playing high school is less playing time and possibly not starting anymore. Girls who participated in JD's high school fall program will be rewarded.
        I think you misunderstood the poster's original message.

What was claimed is that the kid didn't try out for her HS teams (and so missed that opportunity) and then was subsequently cut from her Stars team. At least that is how I read it.

Comment

How will they be rewarded?
          My guess is less abuse, relatively speaking.

Comment

Nice try - girls will not lose their starting positions because they played high school. As always, the best players will start.

Comment

My guess is less abuse, relatively speaking.
              That's a start. The fall high school training session is simply a money grab for JD and Stars. They need every possible source of revenue coming in because of new facility they are building.

Comment

Nice try - girls will not lose their starting positions because they played high school. As always, the best players will start.
                You must be new to club soccer

Comment

How does a player get cut in the fall? Once you have accepted a spot isn't it guaranteed until the next season?

Unfortunately this girl made her choice. Sometimes things don't work out the way you expected.

Comment

How does a player get cut in the fall? Once you have accepted a spot isn't it guaranteed until the next season?

Unfortunately this girl made her choice. Sometimes things don't work out the way you expected.
                    With the club pass system, players can be moved between teams. I would suspect that she was on ECNL roster and they moved her to the NPL team once someone better came along.

Comment

To clarify, this girl was cut from the team AFTER being told not to do high school. Not BECAUSE she played high school.

Her high school coach took the high road on this from the beginning, not trying to twist her arm into playing and allowing the kid to do what she thought best. My guess is that same coach will welcome her back, but there's no telling how the team will react. HS Girls are HS girls, and some may be upset if she joins the team now and takes away someone else's playing time.

Comment

To clarify, this girl was cut from the team AFTER being told not to do high school. Not BECAUSE she played high school.

Her high school coach took the high road on this from the beginning, not trying to twist her arm into playing and allowing the kid to do what she thought best. My guess is that same coach will welcome her back, but there's no telling how the team will react. HS Girls are HS girls, and some may be upset if she joins the team now and takes away someone else's playing time.
                        If this is true then JD is not a good person. Imagine telling the player not to play high school and to do his high school program and then cut her? What a scumbag.

Comment

This weekend the Stars cut a player from their team who had been told not to play high school soccer. She is a freshman at a high school that was a state finalist last year, with a team that has a good coach. But she didn't try out, per the Stars mandate, and now has been cut from that team.

I am not a Stars basher, but you have got to be kidding me.
                          You revived this thread from 3 weeks ago to bring this in here now? Troll much?

Why not share another story with us, as soon as you can think of one.

Comment

You revived this thread from 3 weeks ago to bring this in here now? Troll much?

Why not share another story with us, as soon as you can think of one.
                            It's on point and relevant to this thread, whether or not you like it being aired in public.

Comment

It's on point and relevant to this thread, whether or not you like it being aired in public.
                              Agreed, especially considering the HS season started just last week and it appears from OP that the cut happened in the past few days. If this is the the appropriate time to discuss, I'd like to know when it should be.

If the Stars want to practice a God complex they need to withstand the questioning of it.

Comment

Agreed, especially considering the HS season started just last week and it appears from OP that the cut happened in the past few days. If this is the the appropriate time to discuss, I'd like to know when it should be.

If the Stars want to practice a God complex they need to withstand the questioning of it.
                                Why not? We've had a nice, long break from Stars bashing, so it's time to get all charged up again. Making stories up is par for the course. And if there is a grain of truth then I'm sure the family appreciates the publicity. Cut? Really? Cut from the entire club? Did Stars poison the family's pet dog too?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X