•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another league???

Just what we need is another league.
    http://www.socceramerica.com/article...-launched.html

I wish these DoC's and Cliub Presidents would leave their ego at the door and start forming new leagues when they cant get accepted into existing ones. As far as I can tell, this is not even a USYS or US Club sanctionaed league..

This is getting stupid.

Comment

Based on the team lists it's pretty regional. What the hell is the "United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA)." Never heard of it.

Anyway, you can slap together pretty much anything these days it seems - same with forming "premier" teams and clubs. But give it two years and likely it will have disappeared. Battle lines have been drawn with the big dogs already that offer true national/strong regional competition - ECNL, DAP, NPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Based on the team lists it's pretty regional. What the hell is the "United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA)." Never heard of it.

Anyway, you can slap together pretty much anything these days it seems - same with forming "premier" teams and clubs. But give it two years and likely it will have disappeared. Battle lines have been drawn with the big dogs already that offer true national/strong regional competition - ECNL, DAP, NPL.

Is this arrogance, ignorance, or absence of mind? Did you purposefully leave out USYS/Region 1 and their national championship? The NPL is still nothing compared to what is already established. The DAP and ECNL incorporate a minority of clubs.

Comment

Is this arrogance, ignorance, or absence of mind? Did you purposefully leave out USYS/Region 1 and their national championship? The NPL is still nothing compared to what is already established. The DAP and ECNL incorporate a minority of clubs.
          USYS is still in operation? I thought that was disbanded a couple years ago when every good team quit it.

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

USYS is still in operation? I thought that was disbanded a couple years ago when every good team quit it.
            Like I said....."arrogance, ignorance, absence of mind"

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Like I said....."arrogance, ignorance, absence of mind"
              USYS has a website and they are still running some kind of multi-regional event in the summer. My guess is they are winding down over the next couple years. Remember ODP? It was kind of like id2 but very expensive.

Comment

USYS has a website and they are still running some kind of multi-regional event in the summer. My guess is they are winding down over the next couple years. Remember ODP? It was kind of like id2 but very expensive.
                Wow! USYS, or do you mean USYSA? Have no idea what USYS is, but USYSA isn't going anywhere, ever! It may have to change its model, and it should in my opinion. USYSA should be taking this opportunity to get back to their roots. Over seeing the growth of the town programs, and offering assistance in improving community programs and coaching within the town programs. They tried to control the growth of leagues, and became vulnerable to the big clubs ambitions. Let US Club handle it, and get back to strengthening the base of US soccer. My opinion, if USYSA promoted town programs, more would stay in town till 13/14, and a lot of weaker clubs would go away.

Comment

Wow! USYS, or do you mean USYSA? Have no idea what USYS is, but USYSA isn't going anywhere, ever! It may have to change its model, and it should in my opinion. USYSA should be taking this opportunity to get back to their roots. Over seeing the growth of the town programs, and offering assistance in improving community programs and coaching within the town programs. They tried to control the growth of leagues, and became vulnerable to the big clubs ambitions. Let US Club handle it, and get back to strengthening the base of US soccer. My opinion, if USYSA promoted town programs, more would stay in town till 13/14, and a lot of weaker clubs would go away.
                  USYS = USYSA and it is dead as a door nail. Good riddance.

Comment

Don't know who USSSA is but it does appear that this is all of the primary ECNL clubs. This initiative reads a lot like a boys version of the ECNL. I'm wondering if these clubs are getting tired of USCS and are intending to pull the ECNL away from it and go off on their own? Could that be because the rumors are true that USCS does plan to marginalize the ECNL in favor of the NPL?

Comment

USSSA is replacing USYSA as the lowest of the national soccer organizations. USCS A (ECNL), USCS B (NPL) and now USSSA.

Comment

USSSA is replacing USYSA as the lowest of the national soccer organizations. USCS A (ECNL), USCS B (NPL) and now USSSA.
                        That is your version of the American youth soccer pyramid is it? can you possibly write me a check for $10,000 instead of going to ECNL please? I really need it, sucker!

Comment

USYS = USYSA and it is dead as a door nail. Good riddance.
                          I respectfully disagree! I also think there is a place for it in the pyramid. They need to focus on the grass root, town programs, and the inner city initiatives. They haven't been able to focus on the original mission, once club soccer got larger/powerful, and overtook the base(town/rec) in this country. Getting back to improving/growing the game at that level, and really get into the cities to create leagues, and opportunity for lower income , and minorities to play and improve, should be the new mission. Instead of trying to cater to the top clubs, they should focus on town programs, state/regional teams through ODP. Just my opinion, as idealistic as it may sound!!

Comment

This is what the best other girls clubs not in the ECNL should be looking to do.

Comment

Was originally for Slo-pitch softball - fought the softball association for right to organize, then branched into other sports: http://www.usssa.com/sports/EARamseyCSP.asp - look to be strongest in FL and CA

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X