Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The non-world class players like Keane, Henry, Cahill, Dafoe, etc...have done more to elevate the mls game than any marquee signing. Lampard will fit into that role perfectly as his style suits the mls game.
    Non world class?? All of those players are world class

Comment

What a comment. Anyone who styles themselves something of a soccer fan has "heard" of Lampard. I understand that those of low soccer IQ like yourself haven't "heard" of him but maybe you should be quiet and try to listen and learn something.

Jesus if I knew less about soccer I would know nothing yet I've watched at least a dozen games over the years with Lampard playing.

Not saying people will love him or he will fill seats. Just dealing with your idiotic comment "no one in US has heard of" change that to "I haven't heard of and since I am ignorant I will assume everyone is as ignorant as me.

This is a soccer forum. Learn a little about the game.
      ^^^dumb.

I've forgotten more about soccer than you are likely to ever learn.

Comment

I think he meant that the average American has never heard of him. I bet 95 % of American adults have no clue who he is. Kids have heard of him because of Fifa video games but he is not someone anyone would consider world class. They probably would be better bringing in a Mexican international or someone like Pirlo . Beckham is the only English players American gave two cents about because he was good looking and already famous. Lampard is about as blahh a unsalted Shepard pie
        You have an odd definition of world class. I would consider most players with over 100 international caps as world class.

Comment

You have an odd definition of world class. I would consider most players with over 100 international caps as world class.
          There are plenty of "world class" players who Americans have never heard of and will not help to fill the seats in American stadiums. There are also plenty of world class players who are not world class a-holes. I hope Lampard gets mugged on his first day in NYC.

Comment

^^^dumb.

I've forgotten more about soccer than you are likely to ever learn.
            Really? Many here share my view.

You're just a blowhard.

Comment

Really? Many here share my view.

You're just a blowhard.
              Many share the view that bigger government is good. Doesn't make it less dumb.

Comment

The non-world class players like Keane, Henry, Cahill, Dafoe, etc...have done more to elevate the mls game than any marquee signing. Lampard will fit into that role perfectly as his style suits the mls game.
                Sorry, meant former world-class. Those players don't have the marketing power of Beckham, Messi, et al, but they really helped lift the level of play.

Comment

Sorry, meant former world-class. Those players don't have the marketing power of Beckham, Messi, et al, but they really helped lift the level of play.
                  The MLS product is hard to watch. We have nothing to watch while EPL is NOT playing so we watch. Its painful to watch some of these games.

Comment

There are plenty of "world class" players who Americans have never heard of and will not help to fill the seats in American stadiums. There are also plenty of world class players who are not world class a-holes. I hope Lampard gets mugged on his first day in NYC.
                    Bravo! I may buy tickets if he comes to NE just to boo his ass. What a piece of crap.

Comment

Bravo! I may buy tickets if he comes to NE just to boo his ass. What a piece of crap.
                      We should impose a tax on England for dumping trash on US soil!!!

Comment

The MLS product is hard to watch. We have nothing to watch while EPL is NOT playing so we watch. Its painful to watch some of these games.
                        As if every EPL game is a classic - I know I'm already looking forward to seeing West Brom vs. Sunderland, or Swansea vs. Hull. It amazes me that we not only have to put up with the Dan Shaughnessy/Jim Rome soccer haters of the world, but we also have to put up with the soccer snobs that think all soccer is sh*t if it isn't EPL/La Liga.

Not every MLS team is the Revs. The league isn't one of the best in the world, but it doesn't suck, either. If you are expecting to see Bayern Munich vs Barcelona, you are going to be disappointed, so just take it for what it is - a minor league on the world scale, but one that has improved over the course of its less than 20 years in existence.

Comment

He will be 37 next year when the teams comes on board. Recognizable star which helps the fan base.
                          Yes, but he's ex-Chelsea, so that's a mark against him. You know what they say - ****e club, no history! ;)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X